Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2015, 01:00 PM   #101
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International
Mobile , Alabama
Reservations Made

Harry and I will be in Site 26 Loop 101 just across the way from Loop 103!
WBCCI #10360
Member Southeastern Camping Unit
Bettye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:26 PM   #102
2 Rivet Member

2002 25' Classic
Panama City , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
Oh yeah, Angle, a few people to watch out for:

Captain Hank -He will steal your pedal car, with your beer cooler on it. He doesn't drive very well (probably because of margaritas) but does eventually come back with the car unscathed, and the majority of your alcohol untouched...

Two Gulls (or is it Too Gulls... Or To Gulls? Crud) Brenda is the sweetest, most nicest caring person in the world, but sometimes forgets to mention to her partner Tami that she offered you a hamburger later, so when you come by for said hamburger later, and meet Tami for the first time, without Brenda there... Well, don't expect that hamburger. I kid, I kid. They were both awesome people!

Chief Simba - Lisa is a walking party, and that was with a cast on a broken foot. Wherever you meet her, that's not her camper. It will take three days to figure out exactly which one is her camper... By then you don't care, you're swept up in the party and have a new best friend...

Road Toaster -Greg will probably be one of the first people you meet, because he hands out the info packets and name tags. He will also tell you that you owe him 50 bucks for something... Don't fall for it. I did. Gave him a hundred and didn't get back any change. However, they are the source of many margaritas, so he's got that going for him...

M.nolte - They have goats... Watch where you step if you go to their camper for open house...

Skatiero has so many kids that at supper time you just sit down at their table and they feed you... Pretty sure they've lost count and don't know who's who.

Rum Runner - Knows all things old Volkswagen. Jose thought I had chopped up an old bug for the seat slides on my pedal buggy, and was plotting ways to kill me. I didn't let him get near me, except in a crowd. If you haven't harmed an old VW, you'll be safe. Avoid the phrase, "So we made a dune buggy out of it."

AirHeadsRus - Annette walks around with an empty beer bottle, pretending she just ran out, asking everyone what type beer they have, and can she have "just one"... It's pretty obvious where this is going...

Levon - gives you one shot of some of the smoothest homemade rye you'll ever drink, then won't sell you a bottle. Not sure how he's benefitting from this, but it's very irritating... If you're going to get me hooked, sell me the drug...

Paddledipper - The most popular person in the campground. Don't even try to get near Joy's camper. The crowd will suffocate you. We lucked up and got the campsite right next to Joy and Jared, so we will be renting out the right to stand next to their campsite, in ten minute blocks. Reserve early, slots are filling up fast... Unfortunately, the people on the other side of us have goats...

Blanche - Blanche is a Cornhole ringer. She will lull you to sleep with her wit, charm, and stunning good looks, then SLAMS you to the ground in the tournament. Also, she pays somebody to make sure you have a margarita in your hand the whole time. Devious, just plain devious...

SeeMore - At some point, Dave will saddle up two incredibly huge dogs, and give out pony rides... I missed it. Keep an ear out for it.

There are quite a few others that bear (bare?) watching, but these are the Big League Players, as far as I can tell. Keep your wallet on a chain around them at all times. Trust no one. Lock your trailer door at night. Don't leave food laying around. Alcoholic beverages are unsafe at any time, anywhere near these people....

-Red, compiling a list...
OH PLEEEASE! Don't buy all the junk Red is feeding you. How can you trust a hippie wearing a Zebra print speedo and riding a contraption he says he built out of a butchered Triumph Spitfire. However, most of the characters described fit the bill:

Greg also took my money. He later got me toasted with Bourbon and got me to pay again! Maybe that's where he gets the toaster moniker. I still don't know what I paid for?

Annette does bum beers all weekend long but she later makes it all up with the best dammed Bloody Marys this side of the border....any border.

And what's up with those windows Red? Are you hiding something in there? They are filthy. Oh, and it pains me to have to wait a whole year to take a ride in the contraption like you promised.

PS - If I catch you near my VW bug, I'll chop your hands off.

Rum Runner will be in #153 folks.
Rum Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:05 PM   #103
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
^^^^See how mean he is??? SCARY!!!^^^

-Red, not even looking at VW's... at all...
Old 02-11-2015, 09:28 PM   #104
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
....Rumors of my beer bumming are greatly exaggerated..... Mark Twain
....For a beer today, I will gladly pay you Tuesday.....Wimpy(Popeye)
Old 02-12-2015, 04:53 AM   #105
2 Rivet Member

2002 25' Classic
Panama City , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettye View Post
Soooo disappointed that we will be outside "The Loop" again this year. Thought I was making reservations waaaaay early by reserving today. Boy, was I WRONG!
Hang tight Bettye, and keep tabs on the postings. This year we had about ten cancellations in the loop just before the event.

Rum Runner
Rum Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:21 AM   #106
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
There are/were two RSVP pages running at the same time for some reason. Today when I checked the RSVP page, the one I wasn't on finally came up, so I posted our response to that one... Y'all might want to check the RSVP page and make sure your name is on it... I'm guessing they fixed the issue and settled on this one now.

-Red, attending on two lists now..
Old 02-12-2015, 06:37 AM   #107
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Doubling down, I have RSVP'd on both pages. Site #122 is reserved.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:00 AM   #108
2 Rivet Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1993 34' Excella
COVINGTON , rich patch road
RumRunner, Red, & AirHeadRus. So can't wait to meet you all. RumRunner,We love old cars, And together we can come up with a plan to bump Red out. All depends on Mrs. Red. AirHeadRus, When we get there I will have BEERS with your name on them. Bud light ok? Red, you are a Devil. But I already Know you are the one who keeps thing interesting HU? Please keep things going we love this page. And I printed Reds know everone before I get there page. So we will be ready I hope. You need to know this page has put a smile on my face each and ever day I reed it. Thanks.
angle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:25 AM   #109
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Streator , Illinois
Tim and I will be in site #142 for 14 nites beginning December 28. We'll be on the road basically full time beginning 8/1/15 so two weeks at Topsail will be a nice stop on our way west for the rest of 2016. See you all then. Jim and Tim
jbroedlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:51 AM   #110
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
Advance , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
^^^^See how mean he is??? SCARY!!!^^^

-Red, not even looking at VW's... at all...
Yikes, Red, he's our neighbor! We're in 155! We'll try to park as far away from any VWs as we can get!
WBCCI #5027
TinCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:54 AM   #111
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Carrollton , Georgia
We are excited about our 2nd Canopener and look forward to experiencing it from the 103 loop this time!
GWTFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:42 AM   #112
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Dear Red, hope your surgery goes well tomorrow. Keep us posted. Now be a good patient and no heavy lifting for awhile. I guess that means you'll just continue to work on your beer biceps!
Annette..............sincere yet still 'catty'
Old 02-12-2015, 10:53 AM   #113
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus View Post
Dear Red, hope your surgery goes well tomorrow. Keep us posted. Now be a good patient and no heavy lifting for awhile. I guess that means you'll just continue to work on your beer biceps!
Annette..............sincere yet still 'catty'
Thanks Annette! My beerceps are getting pretty toned... I'm always a good patient, albeit a whiny one. Mr. Percocet ought to keep me in a pretty good mood though...

-Red, self medical professional...
Old 02-12-2015, 11:46 AM   #114
2 Rivet Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1993 34' Excella
COVINGTON , rich patch road
Red, we have our prayers in for the Doc. You, on the other hand are going to be just fine. And home befor you know it. With a cold one in your hand. Please let us know how it goes.
angle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:53 AM   #115
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by angle View Post
Red, we have our prayers in for the Doc. You, on the other hand are going to be just fine. And home befor you know it. With a cold one in your hand. Please let us know how it goes.
Appreciate the prayers! It's minor stuff, but as a good friend once said, minor surgery is what someone else has...

-Red, ain't skeered...
Old 02-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #116
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Canopener 2016

Mr FedEx delivered my new mixer board for the portable PA today... Site 115 just got a little louder. This is going to be fun. Well, the loud got a little more balanced...

-Red, playing with the electronicals...
Old 02-13-2015, 06:31 AM   #117
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Canopener 2016 Map

Panama Red has agreed to take over Canopener map making so he and I are working together on a transition of this task. While he is recovering, I'm working to set up the template for 2016 and issue the first map.

We've had a glitch in the Airstream Forums system where two different signup (RSVP) pages appeared on the Forums. The mods have addressed the issue but apparently not all of the names were merged. Please go to the current RSVP link, to verify you are on the list:

Canopener 2016 Rally Registration (RSVP) Link

In addition, while reviewing the RSVP page to create the map I observed the following issues which I hope you will address by going to the RSVP page and making the appropriate changes to your post. You can do that by scrolling all of the way to the bottom of the RSVP page and editing your RSVP. Here are the issues:

Both egrbeav and GWTFLO claim to be on site 147.

No site numbers listed for Beaubill, HowieE

If you have reservations with the park, and your name isn't on the Canopener rally registration list, please click on the RSVP link above and register with the rally.
WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:21 AM   #118
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Canopener 2016 Maps - First Issue

Campground reservations are being accepted at Reserve America for the Canopener 2016 time period.

For Canopener newbies, and forgetful veterans, each year we periodically post campground maps on the Canopener Forums thread showing the location of reservations. Our "one version of the truth" guide for creating these maps is the official Canopener Rally Registration Page (RSVP Page). Please note a campground reservation does not register you for the rally, only your campsite. In addition, we do not update the maps based on the Canopener thread, only the RSVP page.

To register with the rally, and be included on the maps, you must sign up on the RSVP page. Here is a link to that page:

Canopener 2016 Rally Registration (RSVP) Link

To register, click on the link, scroll to the bottom of the page, click the appropriate button, and in the comments box provide your site number, the first names of the human beings in your trailer, and your dates of arrival and departure. If you must cancel your reservation, please also cancel with the rally by going to the RSVP page and revising your registration.

Below are links to the first 2016 Canopener maps reflecting the current status of the Canopener RSVP page.

Canopener 2016 Map - 103 Loop

Canopener 2016 Map - Outside 103 Loop
WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:14 AM   #119
3 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Fairhope , Alabama
Red stay away from the VW's! You can't Bette Midler with no hands!
Melissa - highly concerned for our entertainment
Old 02-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #120
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.nolte View Post
Red stay away from the VW's! You can't Bette Midler with no hands!
Melissa - highly concerned for our entertainment

I get the shakes whenever I see a VW now, which sucks, because my car is a Jetta... I cry like a baby all the way to work and back everyday now, terrified that if I in some way damage my Volswagen, Jose is going to chop off my hands, and then how will I do my Bette Midler routine?

-Red, considering legal action...