Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2015, 10:24 AM   #161
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Shuhouse we love your articles. Will you still continue that or has that been passed to your successor.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:16 AM   #162
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' Flying Cloud
2021 16' Basecamp
Millsboro , Delaware
Ahhhh,,,sorry for the confusion. I'm not airstream shuhouse. I guess I didn't realize their was a shuhouse when I chose this nick.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:42 AM   #163
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
I've updated the 103 Loop map to reflect the RSVP's appearing on the registration page (RSVP Page) as of 03/04/2015. Loop 103 is getting pretty full, and I accidentally ran into a few things as I backed some of those trailers onto the map. Check yours for dents, and send any repair bills to AirHeadsRus...

We may still be missing some of the RSVP's lost when the two RSVP lists were merged. If you RSVP'd earlier, and don't see your name on the map, you'll need to go to the RSVP page and register for the rally again by clicking on the Rally Registration link below. If you have a campground registration, and have not registered yet for the rally, please RSVP to the Rally Registration link below.

Link to the current Loop 103 Map:

Canopener 2016 - Loop 103

Link to the current Outside Loop 103 Map:

Canopener 2016 - Outside Loop 103

Link to the Rally Registration (RSVP) Page:

Canopener 2016 Link to RSVP

We have a few people that have RSVP'd, but didn't list their site number or the names of members attending. Please check the RSVP page if you don't see your name listed on the map. The RSVP page is what they will make your official Canopener name tags from, so make sure you list the name of everyone in your party.

-Red, appreciating the patience and understanding...
Old 03-05-2015, 06:13 AM   #164
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' Flying Cloud
2021 16' Basecamp
Millsboro , Delaware
It might be a newbie error but we couldn't figure out how to get into loop 103. So we will be close in loop 101
This is our first rally and will be the first day of my future retirement. We are very excited.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:35 AM   #165
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Congrats on the retirement... I'm still three years and seven months out, but who's counting?

As far as getting in the 103 loop, you have to book early, and book often... much like how I vote. If you really want in the 103, and don't mind paying the change of reservation fee that the campground requires, then just wait until the month before the event, and I guarantee that there will be cancellations. With the majority of events for next year at the new amphitheater and clubhouse, the 103 might not be the place to be any longer... I had site number 42 last year, and it was perfectly located for all of the clubhouse events.

However, the Cornhole tournament/Margarita sloshing will still be back in the 103, so it has that going for it. And, being the sole owner of a Panama Red Campground Quadcycle Car-Mobile, it really doesn't matter where I'm located. Mrs Red can pedal me around wherever I need to go.

Make sure you are registered on the RSVP page, so Roadtoaster can make up your name tags and stuff... Word of warning: He'll try to convince you that you owe him money for some reason. Don't fall for it like I did. He's slick...

-Red, out fifty bucks...
Old 03-06-2015, 03:31 AM   #166
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' Flying Cloud
2021 16' Basecamp
Millsboro , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
Congrats on the retirement... I'm still three years and seven months out, but who's counting?

As far as getting in the 103 loop, you have to book early, and book often... much like how I vote. If you really want in the 103, and don't mind paying the change of reservation fee that the campground requires, then just wait until the month before the event, and I guarantee that there will be cancellations. With the majority of events for next year at the new amphitheater and clubhouse, the 103 might not be the place to be any longer... I had site number 42 last year, and it was perfectly located for all of the clubhouse events.

However, the Cornhole tournament/Margarita sloshing will still be back in the 103, so it has that going for it. And, being the sole owner of a Panama Red Campground Quadcycle Car-Mobile, it really doesn't matter where I'm located. Mrs Red can pedal me around wherever I need to go.

Make sure you are registered on the RSVP page, so Roadtoaster can make up your name tags and stuff... Word of warning: He'll try to convince you that you owe him money for some reason. Don't fall for it like I did. He's slick...

-Red, out fifty bucks...

Thanks Red, well stay tight a hop skip and jump from the action. We did register, And so far I'm not $50 lighter for it.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:14 PM   #167
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Carrollton , Georgia
I can't believe we're 10 months away and I have to check every day for the latest updates!
GWTFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:30 PM   #168
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTFLO View Post
I can't believe we're 10 months away and I have to check every day for the latest updates!

It's a sickness...

-Red, infected...
Old 03-16-2015, 07:41 PM   #169
3 Rivet Member

1994 25' Excella
On the Lake , Georgia
Hmmm, is that confetti I see around site 112? Well let the party begin

Annette (aka- Noggin/AirHeadsRUs/chief party planner, answering to most any name....)
Noggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:58 PM   #170
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Looks like a bunch of Flamingos to me... Who the heck is playing with the maps???

-Rd, getting to the bottom of this...
Old 03-17-2015, 06:49 PM   #171
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
...I misspelled "Red"...

-Red, screwing it up left and right...
Old 03-21-2015, 10:00 AM   #172
To Gulls

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Pensacola , Florida
Is there a map already for Canopener 2016? If so, where?
To Gulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:21 AM   #173
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by To Gulls View Post
Is there a map already for Canopener 2016? If so, where?

Yes, if you read the thread you will see the it at post #163.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:37 AM   #174
To Gulls

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Pensacola , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post

-Red, out fifty bucks...
Dear Red, now just because you aren't in THE loop, don't you DARE start drawing folks OUT of the loop! I mean seriously....all those posts an all trying to lure the fun folks away from THE loop.....

To newbies and oldies alike.....THE place to be will ALWAYS be 103!

Can't wait!
Old 03-23-2015, 12:23 PM   #175
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
While that is true, 103 is a happening place, I assure everyone attending Canopener 2016 - A Ten Year Retrospective, that no matter where you are in the park it will ALL be a happening place!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:28 PM   #176
To Gulls

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Pensacola , Florida
Oh, you bet! 2015 was our first and we had a fantastic weekend! Can't wait for 2016. I was only funning with Panama Red!!!
Old 03-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #177
3 Rivet Member

1994 25' Excella
On the Lake , Georgia
I know what you mean, it's just too tempting to have some fun with Red!
And so glad to have y'all back in 2016!
Annette
Noggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:19 PM   #178
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Space Coast area , Florida
Got to love that rocking little Shasta and all those flamingos

Red is rocking out his map duties
Chief Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:02 PM   #179
2 Rivet Member

1995 25' Excella
York , South Carolina
The Canopener 2016 will be our first! Not first rally though!! We reserved site #2. The 100's "loop" had no vacancies! Must be the "hot spot"!! We will be following "sandlapper". I did recognize quite a few names from the Alumalina rallies! The Canopener sounds fun and looks fun from what I saw on Youtube but I am certainly not wishin Spring and Summer to get gone! Beth
Seven Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:01 AM   #180
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
I've updated the maps to reflect the RSVP's appearing on the registration page (RSVP Page) as of 04/10/2015.

A few of you have RSVP'd without giving your names, just your AirForum name... Please check your RSVP and verify you've listed the names of everyone in your party. That way, they get a name tag in the information packet you receive upon arrival.

Link to the current Loop 103 Map:

Canopener 2016 - Loop 103

Link to the current Outside Loop 103 Map:

Canopener 2016 - Outside Loop 103

Link to the Rally Registration (RSVP) Page:

Canopener 2016 Link to RSVP

Again, please check the RSVP page if you don't see your name listed on the map. The RSVP page is what they will make your official Canopener name tags from, so make sure you list the name of everyone in your party.

ONLY 9 MORE MONTHS!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

-Red, back at the maps and loving it...