Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 08:58 PM   #581
2 Rivet Member

Surfside Beach , Arkansas
Lynn informed me that we leave for Alumalina Monday after I go to the dentist. Will be there probably noon on Tuesday. We are also registered to go to Salem, OR. Coming from Surfside Beach, SC. We qualify as a southerners and possibly a bit redneck.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:17 PM   #582
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post
DougEW....Doug, you and Joanne are now anointed the Great Pumpkin and Pumpkinette. Set the bar, raise it high, get everyone ready for the Pumpkineers.

Lonewolf 1977....Denise, it will be very good to have you and Marcus back with us again after such a long absence. As you can probably tell, we have all gone down hill....fast. PS: don't forget the KK's.

McCrostie....Brother Dave, did they ever find that group you took hiking to those same waterfalls a couple of years back? Leave some bread crumbs this time.

Moparjohn...Hey there John, with enough of your home brews, we can fix anything. We will either cure it or kill it.

GC....You crack me up. Now the cat is out of the sack, my cover is blown, and everyone knows I am really Elvis, hiding out as Sandpaper. Thankya...thankya very much.

gypsydad...If this conversation has not scared you off, then consider yourself registered. Join the madness. Like your idea of the beer swap, we did it once before and was a bit hit. "Bring a Beer, Get a Beer''. You and Mopar set the time and place.

Spartan55....you have spoiled us with your fantastic Spartan. Hope your repairs go well and we see you next year.

EVERYONE....get ready, the time is nearly here......
OK- likely get there on Wed this next week...not sure if I need to make reservations or not? also, how to get in touch with Mopar on the beer thing> Glad to help out if I can make connection...otherwise, I will just bring some Hi Sign brews to share...
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
Old 10-18-2017, 10:50 PM   #583
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
With regret, my confidence in my TV won't allow me to make the trip.

I look forward to next year.

-DanB
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:35 AM   #584
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Bloomsbury , New Jersey
sipping

So this Jersey guy is bringing some NJ Recipe, I'll have the popular apple pie, cranberry with a hint of ginger, and pumpkin. My supplier also gave me a quart of Rum for those Airstream pirates. Please stop by 13025 for a sit and a sip.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:30 PM   #585
3 Rivet Member

1998 31' Excella 1000
Simpsonville , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCan Betty View Post
We have a new Airstream mattress from a 2017 20 Foot Flying Cloud. Used 2 nights before we replaced with a foam mattress. $50 or best offer. We can bring it with us or you can pick it up in Cosby, TN.

Bob
Bob, Is this a queen size or twin size mattress ? SCTINMAN44. Ken
Old 10-19-2017, 01:43 PM   #586
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Tega Cay , South Carolina
John, I am so very sorry, but we have to cancel. I was really looking forward to joining you, but something has come up and we won’t be able to make it.
Gloria
Old 10-19-2017, 04:57 PM   #587
Bob & Clestine

2018 27' Globetrotter
Cosby , Tennessee
The mattress is 48x76 and has rounded corners on one side, check out the floor plan on the Airstream site to see the orientation.

Bob
Old 10-19-2017, 05:55 PM   #588
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Lilburn , Georgia
John,

Will there be any 'handicap' trailer parking that is fairly close to the pavilion? Mark broke his foot a few weeks ago and has to use a knee walker. He will be unable to navigate the grass field should we get there after the sites near the paved roads are full. If we can't count on a fairly close spot, we will have to cancel.

Thanks, Kerry
Old 10-19-2017, 06:00 PM   #589
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
1 week from today we crank it up.....

old 10's bum.....good luck at the dentist. Never a fun time.

gypsydad...no problem coming early to the rally, no need to call ahead, the Cove is ready for us. So come, and stay as long as you like. And bring the brew....you and Mopar John set the time and place for the sipping and tastings.

DanB....sorry we won't get to meet you this time but look for us next year.

gghayes...Gloria, say it ain't so! We even had a spot reserved for you and Bill. Next year for sure.

Counting down.......
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
Old 10-19-2017, 06:07 PM   #590
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachHouse View Post
John,

Will there be any 'handicap' trailer parking that is fairly close to the pavilion? Mark broke his foot a few weeks ago and has to use a knee walker. He will be unable to navigate the grass field should we get there after the sites near the paved roads are full. If we can't count on a fairly close spot, we will have to cancel.

Thanks, Kerry
Kerry...sorry to hear of Mark's broken foot. I have seen folks on those knee walkers and it does not look fun.

We have some handicap sites set aside but really do not know how many will be used. I hope you will come on, none of the sites are far from the pavement. The Cove has at least 2 golf carts they will be using, should be no problem catching a ride to and from.
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
Old 10-19-2017, 07:44 PM   #591
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I pulled into TOG shortly after dark. I have never seen so many trailers here. Many seem occupied. Prestaging for Alumalina?
I really dislike towing after dark. My night vision is truly bad with sparkles and cloud floaters. I broke one of my cardinal rules and drove thru Atlanta. Took over 4 hours from one end to the other. Worst, stupidest, ignoranant and rudest drivers in the continental United States. No one to blame but myself for this miserable day.

Heading over to Palmetto Cove on Tuesday. Nice easy 2 hour drive.
Tomorrow is Schnitzel fix day. ��

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 10-19-2017, 08:10 PM   #592
2 Rivet Member

Surfside Beach , Arkansas
AWCHIEF
We’ve been to TOG twice and it seems that half of the AS’s are permanent. They (I think) charge only $2 a day for storage. The host is the nicest and the regulars are fun to be around. Have a great time at TOG.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:10 AM   #593
3 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Suwanee , GA
My wife broke her hip 3 weeks ago. Either need a handicap spot or will be a no go. Any ideas??
Old 10-20-2017, 04:27 AM   #594
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
[QUOTE=AWCHIEF;2023956]I pulled into TOG shortly after dark. I have never seen so many trailers here. Many seem occupied. Prestaging for Alumalina?
I really dislike towing after dark. My night vision is truly bad with sparkles and cloud floaters. I broke one of my cardinal rules and drove thru Atlanta. Took over 4 hours from one end to the other. Worst, stupidest, ignoranant and rudest drivers in the continental United States. No one to blame but myself for this miserable day.

Atlanta is terrible! I avoid it by using us 441 from Florida north. Glad you arrived safe and mostly sound. Have fun on the rest of your trip.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:18 AM   #595
3 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Leesburg , Florida
Will someone selling Tire Pressure monitors be attending?
Old 10-20-2017, 01:52 PM   #596
2 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Flying Cloud
Sumter , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewball View Post
OK musically afflicted Alumalinans - bring your guitars, fiddles, banjos, horns, harmonicas, keyboards, dulcimers, flutes, bongos, cowbells, voices, and any/all your music-making implements to Alumalina! In addition to the professional entertainment already planned, the Airstream Aluminotes will make an encore appearance fresh off their January 2017 sighting at Canopener. For those who don't appreciate and/or understand my attempt at Alumahumor, here's the plain English version:
Continuing the tradition that we started at Canopener, we cordially invite any/all musicians of all talent levels to bring your instruments and/or voices to Alumalina! There will be impromptu jam sessions in the Cove and at the pavilion at least daily during the attitude adjustment period. Expect them to continue as long as there is interest. Looking forward to a great turnout and some great music! Cheers, Stewball
Although I did not specifically ask for replies/responses to my post, I was hoping to have sparked some interest. I'd love to have some folks join me in some impromptu/no-notice jams. We'll be at the Cove either Monday or Tuesday, so let the music begin!

Question: is anyone (besides me) planning to bring their musical instruments to Aluminina?
Old 10-20-2017, 04:31 PM   #597
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewball View Post
Although I did not specifically ask for replies/responses to my post, I was hoping to have sparked some interest. I'd love to have some folks join me in some impromptu/no-notice jams. We'll be at the Cove either Monday or Tuesday, so let the music begin!

Question: is anyone (besides me) planning to bring their musical instruments to Aluminina?
I know there will be several musical types in attendance. Bring along your weapon of choice, and we can all see what develops.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:03 PM   #598
2 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Greenwood , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sctinman44 View Post
Anyone needing axles replaced or upgraded ? I had my 20 year old Henchen axles replaced in Greenville SC at a trailer shop whose a Dexter dealer. They've been in business since 1948. All they do is trailer service and repair. Saved me a bunch of $$$ , 4&1/2 hours labor. I upgraded from 4,000 lb to 5,000 lb axles. Tows better than a new trailer. I also upgraded to Maxxis LRE tires and Zendel load range E wheels, 2,830 lbs. I'll have the set of aluminum wheels available if anyone is interested. They are 2,100 lb at 60 psi, maybe load range C. original wheels from trailer, I think. We parked at Palmetto Cove Sunday 10/15/17. Site Row E---28, will be there until Nov.15, 2017. WBCCI---11944, if anyone interested in info on trailer repair shop look me up. Ken
Ken,
We are VERY interested. Please advise how much you want for them. Will check in with you when we get there.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:15 PM   #599
2 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Greenwood , South Carolina
Nice!
Thx!
Old 10-20-2017, 06:17 PM   #600
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
1973 25' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Not really, just had too many. I work on the ones I use. I am down to just 2 Airstreams now.
Closed Thread