Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 07:23 PM   #441
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allwheelapps View Post
Count us in, Thanks, & please call on me if you need anything. If the insurance guy can't make it I'd be happy to fill in.

John
Thanks, John, adding you to the list and we will be calling on you for help.
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
Old 09-24-2017, 05:12 AM   #442
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Denver , North Carolina
Brother John, I found one more strangler - with a very unique 1977 Barth motorhome, these were all aluminum and awesome machines - do we still have room for one more?

Lucky Dave, Denver NC
Old 09-24-2017, 05:19 AM   #443
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Denver , North Carolina
I'll be there to do my nearly famous insurance seminar, would as last year love to have John the appraiser's input as it was extremely helpful last year!

Lucky Dave, Denver NC
Old 09-24-2017, 05:46 PM   #444
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Dave, how 'bout a tag team match....you and John.

I am about to post the schedule and seminar list, we will fit it in.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 09-24-2017, 05:49 PM   #445
3 Rivet Member

2020 27' Flying Cloud
Allen , Texas
#216 I’m sorry we won’t be making it. I know it will be a success.
WBCCI#8934
Old 09-24-2017, 06:35 PM   #446
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
The tentative schedule....

THURSDAY:

5:00-6:00 GROUP THERAPY....everyone benefits from it. Come happy or be prepared to become happy.

6:00-7:30 HOT DOG FEAST.....Fabulouso and an Alumalina kick off tradition. This year, we will provide all the hot dog stuff. Details later.

7:30 until...enjoy the evening with your new best friends.

FRIDAY:

8:00-9:00 Continental breakfast on us. Coffee and a bagel to start the day off.

9:00-10:00 Seminars. We have some great ones planned and will publish them on a separate list

12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own. We have a couple of suggestions.

1:00-4:00 Craft fair, flea market, paroozing. Enjoy the afternoon meeting even more of the neighbors. Explore the area. Check out Caesars Head for a look down on the Cove and all the aluminum.

WINE AND CHEESE will be provided by SKY MED in the meeting hall, look for the signs and the time.

4:00-5:00 More group therapy for those stubborn cases. Bring your over the counter and "must be kept chilled " medications.

We have local musician John Gay set to play for us during the therapy session and on through supper.

6:00-7:30 Supper on us. Our absolutely delicious, world famous Possum Bog. Freshly prepare by Jethro and his crew. No need to worry, tastes just like chicken.

8:00 until....Enjoy the evening with friends and the great fireplace.

SATURDAY:

8:30-10:00 The legendary ALL POTLUCK BREAKFAST. Your chance to show off your breakfast cooking skills. Bring a generous amount to share.

10:00-12:00 More seminars

12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own

1:00-5:00 enjoy a GREAT afternoon of OPEN HOUSE, FLEA MARKET, CRAFTS FAIR, PAROOZING, and of course a visit with RITA.

5:00-7:30 Supper...the best Saturday night fish fry you've ever been to. We have restaurant grade A white fish fillets, shrimp. devil crab, FF and HP, deep fried and served hot.

8:00 Door prizes, raffle drawings. And TRICK or TREATING for the kiddos.

SUNDAY:

8:30-9:00 Continental breakfast

9:00 A short devotional service and a prayer for the road.

Still working on some of the fine details but this will give a good idea of what to expect.

The subjects and times of the seminars are still in the works and we have some great ones.

We have other details to publish, and everyone will receive a printed copy of all the info so you will not be left guessing.

More to come.............

Old 09-24-2017, 06:43 PM   #447
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
1973 25' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Just left Palmetto Cove after a weekend of relaxing. Can't wait to get back to see all of the Airstreams. Get ready to meet some new friends and enjoy some great eating. You might even meet a new four legged friend like my daughter did this weekend. See you at Alumalina at Palmetto Cove.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170924_125948.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	295464
Old 09-24-2017, 08:21 PM   #448
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Hey Rick....

That black furry thing on the right...is that the bear everyone reports seeing around there??

Old 09-25-2017, 09:30 AM   #449
1 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Miramar Beach , Florida
How do we know if we are in full hookup area or boondocking? Something we’ve never done. Are our spots assigned yet? Thx,
Vickie
Old 09-25-2017, 06:31 PM   #450
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsg0630 View Post
How do we know if we are in full hookup area or boondocking? Something we’ve never done. Are our spots assigned yet? Thx,
Vickie
Vickie,

I wish I could report that everyone will have a full hook up but it cannot happen, this time, or this place. BUT..... I am working on a plan that may provide everyone a full hook up next year, so stay tuned.

The Palmetto Cove handles the parking, which is no easy task, and they have a plan. I will be there to assist them and provide input.

In the mean time, boondocking at Alumalina will still be better than sitting at home, missing the great time, and wishing you were there. We are certain you will like it.

Our overflow area is in many ways better than the hook up area. It has beautiful, thick, manicured grass, is even flatter the the hook up area, and is still right there amongst the thick of things.

Our Airstreams are perhaps the best boondocking trailers on the planet. They are designed from the start to be the best. Most hold 50 or so gallons of fresh water, a combine capacity of 50 or so gallons grey/black water, and 2 batteries to provide the 12v power. Typically, most can go 5-10 days holding black water, and 3-5 days holding the grey water.

When boondocking, nothing actually changes at all from a full hook up, you would only be missing the 120v outlets, including microwave, AC, and TV. You will still have lights, refrigeration, heat, oven, running water ....hot and cold (although we will provide water), and it is almost guaranteed you will not need Air Conditioning in late October here in SC. More likely need a bump of the furnace, which will work just fine, the blower works off 12v and heat from propane.

For anyone that has never boondocked, Alumalina will be the place to give it a try. We have an optimum facility and plenty of experience to help you get started. Plus, we will offer a SEMINAR to give you the finer points. Once you see how easy it is, it opens up the possibility of a whole new camping experience, from over nighting in a parking lot, to a long weekend in a pristine location along side of a beautiful lake.

We have the finest equipped trailers on the planet, take full advantage of it. We will help you.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:49 PM   #451
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Preliminary seminar topics

Still a work in progress, these are some of the topics we are kicking around. Once finalized, we will provide you with a time, location, and the leader. We have the capacity to run 3 seminars at a time, so hopefully we can cover a wide range of topics.

General Airstream Maintenance: keeping your rig up to peak performance.

Boondocking: the finer points. Maximize the use of your rig.

Weighing at the scales: Just what do those numbers mean.

Zip Dee Awnings: How to use it and maintain it.

Refrigerators: Whats on the back side, and how it works.

Airstream Women: Don't mess with an Airstream woman!!

Airstreaming 101: Understanding the basic systems.

Airstreaming 202: Hitching up, getting going.

Electric Brakes: Adjustment, and how they work.

Rivets and Riveting: Selection, sizing, and installing.

Pex Plumbing: Repair and maintenance.

Ladies.....we have not forgotten you and are working on some things that may be more interesting to you than cleaning out a black tank, or changing a tire, or getting greasy. Stay tuned.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:13 PM   #452
2 Rivet Member

Surfside Beach , Arkansas
Trick or treat for the Kids. How many kids are we talking about? How many bags of candy will I need to keep the goblins away?
Old 10-01-2017, 05:54 PM   #453
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Bring a BIG bag....lots of kids, young and old.

Old 10-01-2017, 06:18 PM   #454
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Parking update

I have a method to my madness...so hold your horses
Not trying to slight anyone or favor anyone, just trying to cram 10 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound bag. Or in other words, trying to put 200 plus rigs in a 135 site camp, maximize the spaces, keep everyone as happy as possible, and follow the guidelines for parking set by the Cove.

My good friend John E. Walker is helping me get through this.

We have a row of full hook up sites that are short, will not easily accommodate a trailer with TV, and are difficult to back into once the row in front of it has been parked. It would be perfect for the Interstates and would then free up the longer sites for the longer rigs.

I guess you just have to trust me on this one.

None of this has yet to be blessed by the Cove so much too early to get riled up about it. They have their plan may turn it down.

BTW...the overflow rate is $15/ night.

Thank you all for your concern...I share it with you.

UPDATE ON PARKING

The Cove has agreed to let us park the Interstates together along the tree line in the short sites, with hook ups. This is better than putting an Interstate in a 60' site.

The Cove is still abiding by their plan of first come, first served. Sorry we cannot do better but that is the way they will handle it. It will be much better next year.

Old 10-01-2017, 06:26 PM   #455
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Some good things to know....
The Cove features rally style parking, meaning side by side, back to back, in rows. We will all be close neighbors so get out and meet everyone.

No one needs an invitation to join in a ''neighborhood block party''. Don't be shy, just jump right in, you will be welcomed.

The Cove is relatively isolated, best to pack in your supplies.

The nearest fuel station: in down town Cleveland, about 8 miles away.

Nearest big grocery stores: Ingles, Bi-Lo, Walmart. All in Travelers Rest, SC about 18 miles away.

Nearest veterinarian: All About Pets 409 Old Buncombe Rd, Travelers Rest, SC 864.834.7334 About 18 miles

Nearest hospital/emergency care: Branch of Greenville Hospital, Travelers rest. About 18 miles.

The Cove is located in Greenville County, SC

The Cove is staffed by volunteer members and are great people. They are camping folks just like us. They are also a great source for local information.

Be sure to check out the area, especially Caesars Head for a look down on the park.

There is a great fireplace under the pavilion and the Cove furnishes the wood. Enjoy it. If you want a fire at your trailer it must be in a raised fire pit.

We have full use of all the facilities and they come at no cost to the rally.

The meeting hall has tables and seating for app 125. It also has a kitchen, laundry, and restrooms.

The pavilion has picnic tables, rocking chairs, and the great fireplace. We will use it for all group activities, weather permitting.

The lounge is attached to the pavilion. It has gas logs, big fluffy chairs and couches, and a kitchenette. Also restrooms.

There are no bath house facilities, only rest rooms.

Please bring your sets ups to all the meals....eating utensils, plates, bowls, drink, etc.

And please mark your serving dishes and don't forget to pick them up after the meal.

We would like to encourage everyone to wear a name tag, preferably one that includes your forum user name. One of the best parts of any rally is putting a face with a name. If you have a favorite one, any kind, please wear it. We will furnish one if you need it. We will also have markers to personalize it.

And last but not least.....

Please make every effort to stay safe. We are off the beaten path and help may be a while getting there.

Have a great time, do what you want, enjoy your neighbors....

and MAKE WALLY PROUD!!

Old 10-01-2017, 08:18 PM   #456
2 Rivet Member

Surfside Beach , Arkansas
Hopefully, we can put our awning out to decorate for Halloween.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:19 AM   #457
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by old 10s bum View Post
Hopefully, we can put our awning out to decorate for Halloween.
Yep, definitely room for the awnings all around.

Here's a scary thought:

Perhaps we begin a new Alumalina tradition....A Halloween Contest. Those that want to, decorate their rig and dress the part for Halloween, then we get the youngsters to vote on the best one..... Best costume, best rig.

Let the games begin.....

Old 10-02-2017, 07:15 AM   #458
2 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Walhalla , South Carolina
Game on !!
DougW
Old 10-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #459
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Bloomsbury , New Jersey
two things

First off 3 weeks to go, getting stoked! I had an accident with my Airstream years ago, and I have not been able to use fresh water hookup. I use my tank. The water pressure is very poor from hookup, water pump is fine. I am wondering if my fellow Streamers might have someone that can help me troubleshoot at Alumalina ? Secondfly I am going to bring some "local" beers from NJ for those who like mirco brews, so bring some too! And as always I'll have some NJ moonshine
Old 10-02-2017, 09:47 AM   #460
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
MPJ,

Have you checked the inlet screen for crud?

Maybe the pressure regulator is gleflockxened.

Can you try a temp bypass of the regulator if so equipped?

Got some sugar free clear from NC last week. Passed my QC inspection last eve.

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
Closed Thread