Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 05:13 AM   #401
1 Rivet Member

Airstream - Other
2004 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Clermont , Georgia
Unable to attend Alumalina 2017

Sadly we have to pull out of our reservation for this year. Scratch Bill and Cory, pickercw #138. Have a great time!
Old 09-07-2017, 05:29 AM   #402
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post
We have a row of full hook up sites that are short, will not easily accommodate a trailer with TV, and are difficult to back into once the row in front of it has been parked. It would be perfect for the Interstates
In that case, forget it. Protagonist definitely will not attend after all.

I've been to rallies where my Interstate was treated like the red-headed stepchild of the Airstream family, shoehorned into spaces no one else wanted, where I was parked so close to my neighbors that there wasn't even room to put out an awning, where I had to park my toad halfway across the rally from where my Interstate was parked because there wasn't room for the toad next to my Airstream. Those rallies were not fun for me, and I don't intend to repeat the experience again at any future rally.

Looks like Alumalina is not the rally for me after all. But thank you for trying. I know you're working hard to accommodate as many people as possible for a very popular rally, and my dissatisfaction is wholly a reflection on my own preferences, and nothing to do with the rally organizers.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:23 AM   #403
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Hi John,
Even though we will probably be an early arrival, a boondocks get site will suit us just fine.
Al

TAC ON-3
Old 09-07-2017, 08:46 AM   #404
2 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Walhalla , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
In that case, forget it. Protagonist definitely will not attend after all.

I've been to rallies where my Interstate was treated like the red-headed stepchild of the Airstream family, shoehorned into spaces no one else wanted, where I was parked so close to my neighbors that there wasn't even room to put out an awning, where I had to park my toad halfway across the rally from where my Interstate was parked because there wasn't room for the toad next to my Airstream. Those rallies were not fun for me, and I don't intend to repeat the experience again at any future rally.

Looks like Alumalina is not the rally for me after all. But thank you for trying. I know you're working hard to accommodate as many people as possible for a very popular rally, and my dissatisfaction is wholly a reflection on my own preferences, and nothing to do with the rally organizers.
If you look at the picture above this is where he is talking about I prefer it because of the trees and open space behind the trailer, yea the TV has to be moved, REMEMBER the FOOOD is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD !!!! Us red headed step child got to stick together I'm in an old 1965 AS Overlander.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:19 AM   #405
2 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
2021 28' Flying Cloud
Blue Ridge , Georgia
John, Ed & Bonnie will not be able to attend this time.. I'll be in training for a new airplane at Delta and don't have time off . We had a great time at the "Cove" for the Solar Eclipse..."See you down the road"... Ed "DeltaQueen"
WBCCI #17771
Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Old 09-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #406
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaQueen View Post
John, Ed & Bonnie will not be able to attend this time.. I'll be in training for a new airplane at Delta and don't have time off . We had a great time at the "Cove" for the Solar Eclipse..."See you down the road"... Ed "DeltaQueen"

Ed,

You gonna spin the prop or shout CLEAR before this one starts sputtering?

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
Old 09-07-2017, 07:26 PM   #407
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Thanks, y'all....

....for checking in to check out. The number attending is very important and we thank you for letting us know your intentions.

Pickercw...we will be back, so maybe next time. Just keep an eye out for us. We are already working on next year.

Ed and Bonnie...we sure will miss you but will be thinking about you every time we see a plane fly over at 5000 feet with the trails coming out. Is a fly by or wing dip hello out of the question?

Protagonist....sorry our facilities don't suit you. Maybe some other time and place.
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
Old 09-07-2017, 07:32 PM   #408
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
Hi John,
Even though we will probably be an early arrival, a boondocks get site will suit us just fine.
Al
Thank you, AL. Susan and I, along with Terry and Annie, will be right there with you in the overflow section. Looking forward to it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 09-07-2017, 07:41 PM   #409
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Sorry to sound negative, I didn't mean to start a problem. You are taking on a lot of work organizing this and I appreciate your efforts.

I actually enjoy boondocking and making my Airstream function how it was intended! Plus, I'll get to camp with Big Al
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:36 PM   #410
1 Rivet Member

2012 28' Flying Cloud
Mobile , Alabama
John,

We will be looking forward to being in the overflow section with you and Susan, Terry and Annie, as well as anyone else that wants to join in the fun.

Thanks for all of your hard work. The pay is not near enough for all that you do to organize an event such as this. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help (fish fry, etc...)

John & Cecilia Schneider
Tin & Tonic
Old 09-08-2017, 04:48 AM   #411
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Thanks for the good vibes...

One thing is for sure....no matter where you park, you will be surrounded by 400 of your best friends

Old 09-09-2017, 11:07 AM   #412
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
I guess I am catching up on the current status of the parking.....

My plans have me at Palmetto Cove on Tuesday the 24th. I suspect this would get me a full hook up, but I actually only need electricity. I am able to boon-dock about seven days with no water and my gray/black tanks can survive as well.

And, i have just completed a set up in the bed of my truck which allows me to run my Honda 4000 watt generator while in the bed of the truck.... absolutely necessary if one parks at Flying J's while on the road and it is summer time.

Thus, when I arrive, I will attempt to get electricity, and if there are some electrical sites with no water/sewer, one of these will be fine.

In the event problems occur with generators and folks needing shore power, I should be able to help out and possibly give up shore power using my generator....

Sorry Protagonist is not going to be there as I was going to query him regarding the Interstate. Provided Airstream comes up with a Class C with adequate space, I will be offering my entire truck/trailer set up for sale sometime at the end of the year and go with a self contained unit as it seems to be a lot less work to set up. But we will see.

Looking forward to seeing old friends....
AIR #31871 KQ3H

www.fantinesvoice.com
Old 09-11-2017, 08:01 AM   #413
4 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
2014 16' Sport
2019 23' Flying Cloud
Dunedin , Florida
How do we get electric/power?

Since it seems to be first arrivals get electric/water, what do we who need electric (after 3-4 days) do? I planned on getting there at the start, ie, Thursday. But will surely need a boost by Sunday.
Rosalita WBCCI #12814
Florida Unit #027, Southeastern Camping Unit #012, Florida Suncoast #129, Stella's Sisters, Grapes & Grains, Indie Streamers
Save
Old 09-11-2017, 08:16 AM   #414
3 Rivet Member

1994 21' Sovereign
The high country. Black Mountain range. , North Carolina
overflow

John,
Plan on Susan and I parking in the overflow section. We have solar and our Yamaha generator. We will be fine. We will arrive Wed. or Thurs.
Thank you for all the hard work that you and the others have done. Jack and Susan
Old 09-11-2017, 02:20 PM   #415
3 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Dungville next to Donkeytown , Alabama
New to the AS community. I'll be picking up my 16’ Bambi the week prior to the event. So count me in. Would love to meet new friends and learn about the nuances of the AS amongst kindered spirits.

I'm not new to the wanderlust way of life. Several years back I purchased a 2500 Dodge Ram and an all season Northern Lite truck camper and travelled around solo for 8 months. If you can believe it, I'd never camped a day in my life prior to my purchase. I just needed an adventure. Now I'm ready for a new one, as the nomadic life pulls on these tethers from time to time.
Joanna
Old 09-11-2017, 04:23 PM   #416
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native143 View Post
Since it seems to be first arrivals get electric/water, what do we who need electric (after 3-4 days) do? I planned on getting there at the start, ie, Thursday. But will surely need a boost by Sunday.
Judy, wish I could tell you for sure of the parking situation on Thursday. A guess is that we will not fill the full hook up sites until Friday but no way to know for sure.

We have at least 2 Honda generators to share that will provide 20a to 6 trailers at a time. I suspect there will be many more generators and I also suspect their owners will also share...it is the nature of Airstreamers to help each other.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #417
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaynEss View Post
John,
Plan on Susan and I parking in the overflow section. We have solar and our Yamaha generator. We will be fine. We will arrive Wed. or Thurs.
Thank you for all the hard work that you and the others have done. Jack and Susan
Thank you Jack and Susan for the vote of confidence and your willingness to park in overflow. Even with overflow parking we are determined to make this year's rally the best ever.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:37 PM   #418
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Joanna, you will definitely fit right in with the Airstream community, we all share your wanderlust and rambling fever. Very happy for you and your new adventure and look forward to having you with us.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:52 PM   #419
Rich and Kat

2017 30' Classic
Alexandria Alexandria , Virginia
John, congratulations for cultivating and growing the Alumalina rally to be the phenomenal success that it is. We had such a great time last year and we really looked forward to coming again this year. That said, we regretfully need to back-out of this one but please but us in the #1 spot for 2018! Dohhhhht! Make that the #2 spot for 2018. :-) Thanks much and we hope to see you next year!

Sincerely,
51. AIRHEDS...Rich and Kat
Save
Old 09-11-2017, 06:26 PM   #420
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
We can't make it this year. Our plans have us at the Mothership for parts then. But we will plan on 2018!

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Closed Thread