Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-29-2021, 07:12 AM   #441
1 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Walker , Louisiana
Hi John,
This had been our second year! We had 5 trailers from Louisiana. It was fun, we enjoyed it as much as we did the first year! The food was great and we met some new and very nice people.
I know you’re not asking for input but I would really like to see some fun stuff for women. Maybe something women can share: like, what makes camping easier, craft classes …something!
Thanks for giving a nice rally.
Rebecca Perere
Louisiana
Robertp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 06:18 AM   #442
4 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
2014 16' Sport
2019 23' Flying Cloud
Dunedin , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertp View Post
Hi John,
This had been our second year! We had 5 trailers from Louisiana. It was fun, we enjoyed it as much as we did the first year! The food was great and we met some new and very nice people.
I know you’re not asking for input but I would really like to see some fun stuff for women. Maybe something women can share: like, what makes camping easier, craft classes …something!
Thanks for giving a nice rally.
Rebecca Perere
Louisiana

You must have missed the amazing presentation by Lynda Rozell, the Tin Can Pilgrim. A full timer who has a wealth of knowledge for female travelers! There have been in previous years activities for the ladies. Time will tell.
Rosalita WBCCI #12814
Florida Unit #027, Southeastern Camping Unit #012, Florida Suncoast #129, Stella's Sisters, Grapes & Grains, Indie Streamers
Save
Native143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 12:48 PM   #443
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
A week later, I am finally unpacked...

...and we count number 15 as another successful Alumalina, all because of the many folks that came, pitched in and helped, and made it the special event it is. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Susan and I are grateful for all your kind words, they keep us inspired and provide the power we need to keep going. We love you for it!!

I am happy to report that the "books balanced". It was a bit touch and go towards the end but all is well. Thank you for your concern.

230 rigs, a new all time record. About 500 people.

27 states represented

500 hot dogs and 5 gallons of chili

250 pounds of BBQ

A boat load of fish and shrimp

25 gallons of Margaritas...2 hangovers

60 dozen donuts

700 cups of coffee

and 4 days of awesome weather.

Love all the pictures...many thanks for sharing them.

Glad all the day visitors came and enjoyed the fellowship amongst everyone.

The vintage rigs are always the star attractions. Thanks to all that came with them.

Gypsydad....Good suggestion on locator tags for those lost on the Bourbon Trail!! Maybe a DW...Dedicated Walker.

Steve and Cheryl...I have a terrible memory but not gonna forget your offer of the Top Shelf Single Malt!! And kudos to DJ Mastin to the rescue.

Seminars are my favorite part of any rally. One year when we were still at the Palmetto Cove RV Park, we held 18 seminars covering a wide range of topics. We had 3 separate rooms to use. And yep, we have had more seminar topics geared for the ladies in years past. As much as we enjoy that huge Pavilion, it doesn't lend itself to multiple seminars at the same time. So topics and numbers are limited.

Many thanks to all the seminar leaders and vendors. Very well done.

BTW...the ladies out numbered the men 3 to 1 at the rivet table!!!

I have the 1 same regret as every year...not enough time to see and visit with everyone. Always great to put a face with a name.

Go ahead and mark your calender's for October 20-23, 2022. Same place, very likely NO reservation mess like this year. Camping World accepted and apologized for all the confusion. Next year, like before...likely show up...set up...pay up.

Have a great year of Safe and Happy Travels everyone. Susan and I will be watching for you somewhere down the road.

Luvya. John
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 07:47 PM   #444
1 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Orefield , Pennsylvania
Alumina 2021

At Alumalina this year, we met a very interesting man that is a retired US Navy submarine commander/captain. We can't remember his name. Can someone please help?

Dale and Mary Anne
MimiKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 05:39 AM   #445
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Bill and Kathy plus dog. Bill served in submarine. Not sure if this is who you were remembering or not. they were parked on the main road. I don't think they frequent Airforums. I might be able to connect you if Bill is the guy you're looking for.

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 06:08 AM   #446
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Or possibly Steve (and Elaine) from around Charleston, SC. Steve was a Commander. They don't follow the Forums much either.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 12-19-2021, 06:24 AM   #447
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Date change for 2022 Alumalina

Friends...

The folks at the Tom Johnson Camping World Rally Park have asked for a date change for the 2022 edition of Alumalina. Seems there is a event already scheduled for our weekend unbeknownst to them or us at the last gathering.

Being the scholarly gentlemen and ladies we all are, I was happy to oblige.

The NEW DATES for the 2022 EDITION OF ALUMALINA will be OCTOBER 27-30.

As always, come early/stay late.

They have also promised that we will go back to the the original method of come in, pick a sight, set up, then go pay. We will certainly fine tune that as the dates get closer.

We also have a new registration system for ourselves that will make it all very quick and easy for everyone.

For now....Just save the dates!!!!!

Seeya there.

John

Old 12-19-2021, 09:16 AM   #448
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post
They have also promised that we will go back to the the original method of come in, pick a sight, set up, then go pay. We will certainly fine tune that as the dates get closer.
Thank god.
I probably overthought this, but my assigned space did not exist. By then all the spaces were reserved (even though across from me was a space that was open all week.)
My "space" was next to a full time fifth wheel who was parked across two spaces. The Camping Center promised they'd move, but they didn't. Their concession to me was keeping one slide in so I could get out of my door. (forget the awning) and yes, I had prepaid the full price.
The folks in the office were trying the best they could, but were dropped into a mess created by others.
So, Hoo-ray for 2022!
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 11:33 AM   #449
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Or possibly Steve (and Elaine) from around Charleston, SC. Steve was a Commander. They don't follow the Forums much either.
The heck you say, John....what do people do with all their retirement time if not watch the Forum in winter? Merry Christmas, you old Airstreamer you!
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 11:42 AM   #450
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
The heck you say, John....what do people do with all their retirement time if not watch the Forum in winter? Merry Christmas, you old Airstreamer you!
Well, I split and processed some fat lighter into small sticks (southern campfire starter tool) got about 8 coffee cans full and just finished a few YT videos about watch repair and heavy wrecker adventures one is here in SC and a YT video that highly recommends I grease the needle bearing in my chain saw drive sprocket.

That's next on the bench.

It is pretty dreary out today after all.
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
Old 12-19-2021, 01:29 PM   #451
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
I forgot to add the most important part....

Yes.....They have also promised that we will go back to the the original method of come in, pick a sight, set up, then go pay. We will certainly fine tune that as the dates get closer.

Yes.....We are also planning a new registration system for ourselves that will make it all very quick and easy for everyone.

.....The IMPORTANT PART......

They have also promised us the entire park next year. Like it used to be. Only a few SOBs that work for the facility and are allowed to stay there. Very few.

Moving the Rally to the last weekend in October also has a couple of side benefits: not only is it Halloween, with all kinds of spooky stuff going on, but the Park shuts down for winterization first of November. We are their last hurrah for the season, which they love. $$$$

One thing is for sure....With all the snags we had with reservations this year, yet no darts thrown at the gals in the office, they appreciate our splendid behavior and we are golden. Or....silver!!

Already looking forward to #16.

John

Old 12-20-2021, 09:15 AM   #452
2 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Fleetwood , North Carolina
Looking forward to Alumalina 2022. Our first visit was in 2021 and while there we picked up the 1968 Overlander that was for sale on the side of the road. The Queen Mary is in the process of getting sorted out, but she is all dolled up for Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone.
Doug and Mary Miller
#9159 - Carolina Airstream Club
DMill911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 10:14 AM   #453
1 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Orefield , Pennsylvania
Thanks!

Quote:
This sounds right. Hubby and I, and cousins Steve and Cheryl, spoke with him for awhile. He had interesting stories, and we were mesmerized. Great guy!
MimiKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 08:43 AM   #454
2 Rivet Member

1966 20' Globetrotter
2016 27' International
Hillsboro , Texas
Alumalina 2022 is on our calendar! Looks like fun.
Are dogs allowed? ( we have two )
djs66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 09:18 AM   #455
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Dogs? Yep.

Yes dogs are allowed, on leash and not tied unattended outside.
Phil from gorgeous Young Harris, Georgia, USA
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 05:53 AM   #456

2019 30' International
Granger , Indiana
John:
Put Jim & Kim Fike on the list

Regards
Jfike189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:02 AM   #457
1 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Gilbert , South Carolina
Alumalina 2021 was the first rally we ever attended and can not wait to get 2022 on the books. Tin Cup Palace has grown over the past year from a 2021 23' Caravel to a 2018 24' Flying Cloud and we have kept it on the road nearly monthly. Can not wait to get back to Marion, NC.
TinCupPalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 07:06 AM   #458
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
2022 Alumalina date reminder.

Quote:
Friends...

The folks at the Tom Johnson Camping World Rally Park have asked for a date change for the 2022 edition of Alumalina. Seems there is a event already scheduled for our weekend unbeknownst to them or us at the last gathering.

Being the scholarly gentlemen and ladies we all are, I was happy to oblige.

The NEW DATES for the 2022 EDITION OF ALUMALINA will be OCTOBER 27-30.

As always, come early/stay late.

We also have a new registration system for ourselves that will make it all very quick and easy for everyone.

For now....Just save the dates!!!!!

Seeya there.

John
Thanks again John for all you do, and all you put up with (right, Gary?).

Here is a reminder of the revised dates for 2022.

Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:46 AM   #459
2 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Greenwood , South Carolina
John,
Please add Airsuccess (David Matthews & Carole Austin) to list for Alumalina 2022
Looking forward to it again this year!
airsuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 11:58 AM   #460
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil and/or Sue View Post
Thanks again John for all you do, and all you put up with (right, Gary?).

Here is a reminder of the revised dates for 2022.

Phil

Worthy stories for campfires and beverages. Why I remember the time and so on and so forth.

Hey looks like we’ll be in the famous nearby Y-H neck of the woods come April.

Gary