Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 04:36 AM   #281
2 Rivet Member

2008 28' Safari SE
Tryon , North Carolina
Need to cancel

I will have to cancel going to the Fall Alumilina rally. We just bought a new house and will be moving that weekend. I have not yet cancelled my spot at the campground. Can I do this in a way that will allow someone waiting for a spot to get it?

Frank DiBona
https://www.streamingtogether.blogspot.com
Old 09-03-2014, 06:41 AM   #282
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Sorry you can't make it, Kiddoc. You were going to be Bessie's first camping neighbor.
Good luck with the move. I don't envy you. Our next move will be into an Airstream...can't wait!

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #283
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Frank, if you can, hold on to your site for a while. Very likely someone will need it. I think at this time the waiting list is covered, but if someone does chime in, per the Park's request, just trade the $$/info amongst yourselves.

Hate we won't get to meet you folks this time, best of luck on the move.

John
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
Old 09-07-2014, 06:47 AM   #284
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Helping Hand Requests

Folks,

Remember there will be at least one or two folks coming that just might have been there done that on a small project that you need some help or experience with, so got a minor project you need a hand with, post it.

If you mention it ahead of time, the right tools might show up.

Here's an example, I just got a moisture meter in case anybody dares poke around on their floor looking for leaks, ughhhhleee.

I'll also have a torque wrench or two to share and you can check your lug nuts. We don't need anybody having a "Brad moment" if we can help it.

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
Old 09-07-2014, 06:59 AM   #285
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Been there, done that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinSC2 View Post
Folks,

Remember there will be at least one or two folks coming that just might have been there done that on a small project that you need some help or experience with, so got a minor project you need a hand with, post it.

If you mention it ahead of time, the right tools might show up.

Here's an example, I just got a moisture meter in case anybody dares poke around on their floor looking for leaks, ughhhhleee.

I'll also have a torque wrench or two to share and you can check your lug nuts. We don't need anybody having a "Brad moment" if we can help it.

Gary
I do need help bolstering my "I guess this is what I need to do" feeling about tightening the door hinge.

John mentioned that the nuts inside do not have any pre-made access, so the inside skin has to be breeched in some fashion. As I recall (since I have not done a thing to it yet), a couple well-positioned 3/4" holes allow socket access, and can be plugged with snap-in covers (like conduit box closures). I'll wait for the Rally for that (the door hasn't fallen off, and I've got my hands full on the A/C now).

Phil

(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/15)(Roger RIP 12/30/20, Penny RIP 6/14/21)

1997 34' Excella WBCCI 5936
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Old 09-07-2014, 10:15 AM   #286
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Great idea Gary, maintenance 101

I will also have a tongue weight scale and the big wrenches and sockets for hitch adjustment.

Sounds like a project Phil, maybe even a mini seminar on accessing those darn hinge nuts. It is a common problem. I'll bring a couple of hole saws just in case. Takes more time to get up the nerve to bore 4 holes in the interior skin than it does to do the actual job.

John

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 09-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #287
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
A bit of a plan

As always, we offer this schedule only so we may all be on the same page if something interests you. We have some good stuff planned, and want you to be aware of it in case some of it interests you.

REMEMBER.....NOTHING is required EXCEPT that you enjoy yourself. There is no pavilion, so all activities will take place at the tents in the open area in the center of the campground.

Come as early as you want, stay as long as you can. You will like it.

THURSDAY
6:00 or so..... For the early arrivals, our famous hot dog feast. We have 100 premo hot dogs, some of the fixins'. We will need some buns, slaw, onions, relish, anything you would like to throw in.

FRIDAY
5:00-6:00 .....Meet and greet. Come meet the neighbors, bring your choice of beverage.

6:00-7:00 ......Supper on us. We will have a big pot of our almost famous Possum Bog. It tastes just like chicken, and goes with anything you would like to bring, if you want to. You need not bring a thing, concentrate on getting to the park safely and settling in. If you do have something to share, make it easy on yourself.

7:00-until ......The official unofficial opening ceremonies. Possum parade, greasy possum contest, best possum impersonation, possum calling contest.

Also open mic. If you would, please introduce yourselves.

Campfire....enjoy a great Carolina evening with friends.

SATURDAY
8:30-9:30 .......Breakfast. Potluck, please bring your speciality to share. We will have the big coffee pot up and running. There will also be campfire and dutch oven cooking taking place, and some of Gary's cowboy coffee.

10:00-12:00........ Seminars. We have several things lined up, and will attempt to cram them all in the 2 hour slot.

POLISHING by Roadrunner Bob.... Getting a mirror shine

Getting the Most out of your Airstream...Take advantage of all your Airstream has to offer. Yours truly

Dutch Oven Cooking with Gary, Maggie, Jon...campfire cooking at its best.

Maintenance.....need a minor fix??

12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own

1:00-4:00 ........THE BEST PART
Open house....only if you want to. We will have a sign for you

Flea Market....buy, sell, trade, free to good home. A table will be set up.

Meet Rita.....she will be under our awning, site # 50. Drop by for a visit., she is very friendly and likes to have a good time.

Paroozing...enjoy the afternoon just hanging out. Where else can you go and hang out with a hundred Airstreamers, all who share the same passion you do, in a beautiful setting. Take full advantage of it.

DON'T FORGET, AIRSTREAM OF SC WILL HAVE A DISPLAY OF NEW AIRSTREAMS IN THE TACKLE SHOP PARKING LOT.

5:00-6:00 Potluck supper. Please bring a favorite dish to share. Anything is welcome...meats, veggies, breads, salads, deserts, anything.

6:30 until.....Door prizes. You do not have to contribute, everyone gets to participate regardless. If you have something to bring along to throw in, great. Homemade, store bought, Airstream related, bowling ball, nothing expensive. It is always fun.

We have commitments from Airstream Inc, Out of Doors Mart, and John's RV (Airstream of SC) for door prizes. Still working on a couple more. They typically send some really good stuff.

More campfire, enjoy another great Carolina evening with friends.

SUNDAY
8:30 Breakfast. It is go home day, so make it easy. Pastries, muffins, etc.

9:00 a brief worship service.

This is only an approximate schedule. We are not gonna split hairs over time. We want to encourage everyone to enjoy themselves at their own pace. We will try to stay fairly close so you can plan, if you want to.

If none of the seminars intersts you, please go see the Airstream display. If that doesn't interest you, go paddling. Don't paddle?? Just hang out, or take a walk, or go fishing or biking. Or bark at the moon. It's all good.

The #1 ingridient to the rally is the people that come.

Gonna be fun.

John

Old 09-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #288
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
Bringing a canopy but I know we won't need it.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #289
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
John,

The DO's are just resting until we can get 'em over some heat. We had some neighbors over recently and fried some wings in the big DO and then sauced them in a smaller DO. Some of the best we've cooked and all over an open fire.

Linda will be fixing her locally famous bean soup and cornbread, we'll fix up a simple chili for the tube steaks.

Folks one thing that we might need is a replacement "Thor". Brad has other plans and Thor (his off the ground portable fire pit) will not make it for us to use. So if anybody has an off the ground fire bowl we could use it, can you volunteer it. It keeps us from cluttering up someones site with the community fire. Unless Sandpaper has a different idea?
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
Old 09-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #290
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Some good things to know

There is little to no cell servive in the Park. Some of the WATERFRONT sites get some. talk fast, it will likely drop off.

We are 10 country miles off the Interstate, and at least 18 country miles to any emergency services. TAKE CARE TO STAY SAFE.

The nearest small town is Great Falls, about 12 very country miles. Not much there, Dollar General, small grocery store.

The nearest little bit bigger town is Winnsboro, about 18 country miles. Walmart, big grocery stores, motels, HOSPITAL.

Remember to be discrete with any adult beverages.

The Park office/tackle shop has some basic supplies, it is best to pack in what you need.

The campground roads and sites are all paved, mostly level. You may need some side to side blocking. 30a and water, fire ring, picnic table, dump station just out side the campground.

We are all on 1 loop...the only loop...so it is vert condusive to paroozing. A walk is fun, everyone is close to everything.

There is no pavilion, we will be at the mercy of the weather. PLEASE BRING A PUSH UP TENT IF YOU HAVE ONE. Also, we could use some PORTABLE TABLES.

It's a State Park, which means it is dark when the sun goes down. Bring a good flashlight, and a tiki torch if you can.

There will likely be a few SOB's scattered around the Park. Please extend an invitation to any of them you encounter to join us, let them know what good folks Airstreamers are.

Make Wally proud.

John

Old 09-07-2014, 03:58 PM   #291
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Good idea on the portable fire pit Gary. I have a small one, but really too small. We need to work on finding a big one.

Old 09-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #292
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
John,

I've got some Coleman lanterns that throw some pretty bright light, can do.

By the way, if anyone has any older Coleman (Coleman liquid fuel only) lanterns that are just taking up space, I might be interested in them so bring 'em along. If you have a keepsake Coleman that doesn't work anymore bring that too, might be able to fix it, just depends on problem and condition.

I've got a darn fine truck rim fire ring but its not elevated it could be elevated if we had a riser like a couple of cinder blocks and some patio stones. I've done it also makes a darn good cooking pit.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #293
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Glenn and I will arrive Thursday, and we'll contribute something "exotic" to the hot dog feed. Also, we have a couple of portable tables that we can bring. Really looking forward to catching up with everyone....this'll be an easy trip compared with the 8,200 miles journey we just finished! Barry
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
Old 09-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #294
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
rally time is just around the corner

Susan and I are looking forward to seeing everyone too.

Gary, I may have a line on a suitable raised fire pit. And the Coleman lanterns should shed some light on the situation.

John

Old 09-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #295
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Asheville , North Carolina
Looking forward to the big event. I will bring my Tif880 gas detector and my new toy a digital inspection camera great for looking in thoes places where you do not want to pop rivits.

'92 Excella 29'
'20 Ram 2500
AIR # 59179
Old 09-08-2014, 07:08 AM   #296
3 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Greenwood , South Carolina
How about some of those stick on name tags to help those of us that are short term memory challenged.
I also have a good bit of firewood that I cut in May, if you think it will burn.
Can't wait,
David
Old 09-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #297
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Name Badges

Glad you brought that up, David. In eveyone's packet, along with some other goodies, will be 2 pin style name badges, as always. We encourage everyone to make one, wear it, and feel free to be creative with it. If you already have a nice badge, by all means use it.

Just some unsolicited advice: If you like going to rallys on a semi regular basis, a nice nametag is a good thing to have. You will meet lots of great people, and never remember their names. Comes with the territory. But not to worry, they won't remember yours either. Everyone is equal.

So.....everyone's assignment between now and rally time: make yourself a nice, custom name tag, or be forced to wear the plain, generic, standard issue tag.

There will be an exit exam on Sunday morning: everyone must remember 1 name other than their own or their spouse.

You may not leave the rally until you can.

John

Old 09-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #298
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
and another thing.....

...for you bad boys and girls that don't bring you own custom badge, we will have some crayons available for you to use to make yours.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #299
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
I will be bringing our new service truck which I already have loaded with some of the tools I will be keeping. I also am planning on bringing my auto/truck computer scanner. If you have a check engine light,ABS or some other one on I should be able to see what is causing it to come on. I have several exrension cords that I will be trying to send to new homes. My dad was an electrician so the are heavy duty. I would like to also check out my 50 amp cord to see how good it is. If anyone has a 50 to 30 dog bone I can use with a trailer also. I think it is about 50 feet long. Got the wirre for free all I had to do was add the ends. See you all soon
Old 09-09-2014, 10:47 PM   #300
1 Rivet Member

1970 21' Globetrotter
Charlotte , North Carolina
Excited to be joining everyone for our first rally - Rick and Julie on site 38. Is there a schedule posted - want to make sure we are well equipped Welcome any advice...(working on our name tags).
Closed Thread