Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2007, 05:03 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1996 25' Excella
Francisco , Indiana
Rock Guard

What does everyone use for a rock guard to keep rocks and debris from hitting the front of your trailer?
I have seen the big mud flap type, kind of ugly. Also the type that look something like a broom. Are they very effective?
Got a pretty good dent in the left front corner while in Colorado. Piece of scrap metal on the road wasn't able to avoid it. Think I will buy the corner guards for protection and to cover up the dent.

Thanks; Hickory
Hickory1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:15 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Welcome to the forums!
There are two types of rock guards, the rock guard for the windows, and the rock guards for the front of the trailer near the tongue. You can get either or both, from Airstream, or Inland RV, depending on the year of your trailer. The one that goes over the windows is smoke colored Lexan, and the ones for the body of the trailer are stainless steel.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:49 AM   #3
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I have these. I mainly use them when I am going to be on dirt roads (most of the time). No modifications to the TV, just slide them onto the hitch and tighten them up. Cabela's has them at a pretty good price.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:12 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
The stainless steel guards are called 'segment protectors' if you want to not have to go into extra explanations -- though I suspect dealers would catch on quickly.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote