Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2007, 06:49 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 34' Classic
Richmond , Virginia
Cool Cleaning and Polishing plastic windows?

Hey Guys,
I broke down and did it. I just bought a 2005 Classic 34. Im in the middle of cleaning it. Does anyone know how to clean and polish the smoke gray windows on the front? What are those windows called?
Resorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:21 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
These windows should be glass and cleaned like any other windows. If you are refering to the rock sheilds that are over the windows, they are acrylic plastic. They should be washed with a mild soap solution and lots of water to get the abrasive dust off before you use a scrub rag on them. Then give them another cleaning with fresh solution and a soft rag. If there are some scratches left you can polish them out with a kit which you can buy from Sears or an automotive store. Be careful not to put in further scratches by failing to clean off any abrasive grit in the area.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:31 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2005 34' Classic
Richmond , Virginia
Thanks for the info. They were so dirty that I got some very small scratches even after rinsing them heavily before trying to clean them. I will have to get the polishing kit to bring them back to spec. Some bugs are stuck on there really hard as well.
Resorts is offline   Reply With Quote