Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2008 Safari SE
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
P&J
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Schaumburg , IL
25 Safari SE FB - shower storage

We picked up our new AS in December, we have had snow on the ground since we brought it home. It sure looks nice in the driveway. We have been sitting inside dreaming of the day when we will get out. I don't really plan to use the shower. I was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion to use it for storage, more than just a dumping ground. I was trying to think of something organized. Has anyone done anything to use the space effeciently? post some pictures if you have them. Thanks Judy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2017 truck as small file.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	52051  
P&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Not use the shower?????????? We have a 25FB and think that the shower is better than the one in our house. If you are intent on not using it, you could put a pressure rod across it side to side and hang clothes in it with storage for other soft goods on the floor.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Southern , New Jersey
Congratulations on you new AS! We also got ours in December.

I agree with Moosetags, on the spring rod, and you could also hange one of these shoe keeper or sweater keepers on the rod.

But just curious, why not use the shower. We had a 22FT SOB before this one, and I always used the shower. My husband did not, he prefered to use the facilities in the campground, because he felt the shower was too small. But in the FB, your shower is a nice size. We have the 25 SS SE, and that shower is nice also, but your's is better. We chose the SS due to the floor space, we have two large dogs.

Diane
bernermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #4
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Not use the shower???!!!!!! Why?

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:05 AM   #5
P&J
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Schaumburg , IL
Thanks for the suggestions. I wasn't planning on using the shower becuase I try to get a tank of water to last for 3 or more days. We were also planning on taking some long trips and storage space is critical. Just looking for some options to use the space I have to the best use.
Judy
Old 01-06-2008, 09:19 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Burien , Washington
Hi Judy

We use our shower to keep the garbage can and the laundry bag. Both are easily removed when we want to take a shower. We have also used the shower to hang our wet gear when we've camped in bad weather. This past summer we took a 3 week road trip with 4 (mom dad 17y/o 9y/o) and my biggesst storage problem/gripe was shoes shoes shoes everywhere! Many happy adventures in your new AS.

Robyn
SRoffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:50 AM   #7
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I'd take less stuff and use the shower. We did use it for our dirty clothes hamper and kitchen trash can when traveling (when we had a 25), but the shower has always been a delight.

Congrats on your new rig, and here's hoping for an early Spring.

Pat
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:15 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by P&J
Thanks for the suggestions. I wasn't planning on using the shower becuase I try to get a tank of water to last for 3 or more days. We were also planning on taking some long trips and storage space is critical. Just looking for some options to use the space I have to the best use.
Judy
We use our shower pan as a storage area while towing for bottled water, boxes of food, etc. But remove them once we are unhitched at a camping location. We use our shower when boondocking, just do the get wet, soap off and rinse routine which keeps the water usage down. We even capture the cool water that comes out of the shower head before the hot water does into a bucket. We then use the captured water to blend in with the hot water in our galley sink to wash dishes. We have done 6 days of boondocking, two showers a day without running out of our on-board fresh water. We are of course being very conservative in our water usage.

BTW, congrats on the purchase of your Airstream! I'm sure you will love it.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

My mom keeps 40-lb bags of dog food in the shower in hers.

Tom
2004 Ford Excursion 6.0 PSD PWRSTRK,
and Brittany, the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
PWRSTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #10
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Judy,

Looks like our outfit, except we have the double cab. Is it blue and and is that a black tonneau? Ours is. Seems like new Tundras, usually blue, and 25' FB's go together. You'll see other similar combinations if you read enough threads.

We like the shower. It's a lot easier than going to the campground shower, but everyone is different. We didn't use it while boondocking and were quite liberal with fresh water and only got 2 days out of the tank if the monitor is to be believed.

Congratulations on your new Safari. Drive south between storms and don't forget to take a shower before you leave home.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:43 PM   #11
Shop Teacher

2006 25' Safari FB SE
tigard , Oregon
I have the same AS ('06) but not the SE, with twins up front. Also, have brand new white crew max Tundra. We use the shower sometimes, but other times it is a good place to dry things by turning on the overhead fan. It helps. We bought a towel rack at Target that fits over the door and has three towel bars.

But, It is a real good shower once the hot water gets there!

Mike
Oregon Unit Pres
mike rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:08 AM   #12
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
I've read posts from others who keep a vacuum in the shower. I think most of these posts were from fulltimers.
If you're careful, your water will last 3 days even with showers, unless you have a full crew.
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:09 AM   #13

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
more than 3 days? You should have at least 40 gallons. Storage is at a premimum when you are taking a long trip. What you really need to look at is paring down what you are taking to the minimum.
I full time and anything that goes into the trailer displaces something already in the trailer.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:10 AM   #14

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrzowt
I've read posts from others who keep a vacuum in the shower. I think most of these posts were from fulltimers.
vacuum? Full size? I have dust buster that work just fine.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
When you think spring rods for hanging clothes, think double. The first needs to be only as high as a shirt (blouse) tail and then the second one can be higher up for longer items. In my closet at home I hand shirts down low with my suits hanging in a second row higher off the floor. Get twice as many hangers in there that way. Just thinking of ways to get more our of less.
Prodigy brakes
REMEMBER, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool,
Than to open it and remove all doubt."
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:00 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
vacuum? Full size? I have dust buster that work just fine.
You have a small carpet.

I agree, a dustbuster works for spot cleaning. If you want to vacuum the whole carpet - better use a full vacuum.
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #17
P&J
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Schaumburg , IL
One thing we will not need to carry is a vacuum. We ordered ours without carpet. I think it was the best decision we made. Once we got it home we got some indoor outdoor carpte and cut it to protect the compartments. I couldn't imagine keeping it clean. I have enough stuff to carry, I didn't want a dust buster or vacuum along.

I guess we will just keep the dirty laundry out of sight seems to make the most sense.
thanks everyone.
Judy
Old 01-13-2008, 05:02 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

re:shower storage

Judy
We came from a 3 slide 5th wheel, so I figured we wouldn't have nearly enough storage. We went to Destin for a month this Fall and I was amazed at all the places I found to put things and the shower wasn't one of them. My best alteration was flipping the wardrobe door (the one between the kitchen & bath) and making it open from the kitchen side. Then I added three hanging storage baskets to the door. After I did that, my husband added a deep shelf which sits right above the shower access panel door. I stored a trash can and a large bag of dogfood under the shelf and the rest of the space was for pantry items. After we were at our destination for a week, I discovered the two flip down door spaces under the microwave and the refrigerator. These were great to store bottled water and canned beverages.

We did keep some of our hanging clothes on a rod in the truck, but I was also surprised how many clothes could hang in the small wardrobe beside the bed. Anyway, I think you'll be surprised all of the space you have...I was!

Teresa
tport40 is offline   Reply With Quote