Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2008 Safari SE
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
My quick reply - the little things we didn't think about until our second night out - our maiden voyage was only two weeks ago so we also are just getting our feet wet. We didn't even think about the TV controls or the radio controls until we wanted to use them. Also, we didn't have the stabalizer wrench for putting them down. Fortunately I could jerry-rig my torque wrench with an extender and the 3/4" socket to put the stabalizers down and then back up prior to leaving. A little awkward but worked fine. Other-wise everything worked fine - water pump (had to use our own water), toilets, black and gray tanks and dumping them, etc... So many firsts on our first two trips but all worked fine. Can't wait for our next trip. We think 'streaming is going to be more fun than we originally thought. Good luck with your new Safari Sport, also. See you on the road........... By the way, our dealer gave us all the missing parts when we stopped in to see them after our maiden voyage. They were very nice about it, too!
Prodigy brake controls
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool
Than to open it and remove all doubt."
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Daphne , Alabama
WDH for a Safari Sport 22?

Finally, after being a lurker for a year, I have decided to become a participant.

We are upgrading from an '83 Sovereign 31' to an '08 Safari Sport 22'. Our TV is an '03 GMC Yukon XL 2500 (3/4 ton). We're picking up the Sport this weekend.

We have always used the Weight Distribution Hitch with the Sovereign, but the Safari doesn't come with the WDH. Is this standard? it looks like a lot of folks don't use the WDH with the shorter models.

Does the WDH make a significant difference on the shorter models?
flynaxos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #23
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynaxos View Post

Does the WDH make a significant difference on the shorter models?
Welcome after lurking and coming out of the closet or in from the cold, so to speak.

The 22' weighs 2 tons loaded. I've seen plenty of lighter trailers weaving down the road that didn't have WD hitches, usually stock trailer around here. Why take a chance? Get a WD hitch.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
San Antonio , Texas
Balance and control may not be big issues, but comfortable ride might. I think is worth the little extra for a WD setup, even with a smaller TT and heavy duty TT.

I think you'll be pleased with the Sport. Please let us know how it goes after the first trip.

Whizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #25
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzo View Post
... even with a smaller TT and heavy duty TT.
Obviously that was meant to read "and heavy duty TV."

Whizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #26

2008 22' Safari
Keystone Heights , Florida
My wife-copilot and I just finished a 3500 mile trip to break in our 22' Sport...our dealer recommended the "Blue Ox" Blue Ox hitch/sway. No problems at all at 62 mph, through Tennessee mountains. Big trucks passing didn't budge her. TV is a GMC Envoy V-8.
edgelaw is offline   Reply With Quote