Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Excella II > 1981 Excella II
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1981 25' Excella II
Dillon , Colorado
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Pearl
Charlie, How is your trip planning to the west coast coming along? Are you going to take 101 down the coast from Washington thur Oregon to the redwoods? Great views and campgrounds. Teresa
My wife has done most of the planning on it, but I think that's the route we'll be taking. We'll be coming through 84 into Oregon the first night, then onto 101, and Washington. We've always wanted to look at the area. Everyone I've spoken with who've taken the route on 101 have loved it. I've just started using the cylo to polish this week, and have about 25% done as of now. It really makes a big difference, I'll post some pics later in May when we finish. I'm not sure how far we'll be from you, but it's always nice to have another airstream around.
Charlie
Pacerized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:51 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1981 25' Excella II
Dillon , Colorado
In case anyone is interested I just finished polishing on the airstream, and posted some pics of both inside, and out on a members photo page at
http://www.airforums.com/photos/brow...mageuser=15121

The polishing was done with a cylo using the yellow, blue, and white pads. The only polish I used was Mothers aluminum polish. I then followed that with a coating of liquid glass, and plan on adding another coat this week. Prior to this I did a high speed strip last year, and had the blue stripe painted. I may decide to add the smaller blue decal over it if I find one.
We made a few changes to the interior during the winter. The biggest one being that we changed the carpet. I tried to match the blue on the inside trim. We just couldn't see staying with the 80's gold carpet.
Charlie
Pacerized is offline   Reply With Quote