Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Excella II > 1981 Excella II
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1981 31' Excella II
Spruce Grove , Alberta
A couple questions about my new toy

Hi everyone,
I just bought a 31 foot 81' Excella II and I have a few questions.
1) I was taking out the furnace and found an extra two wires. One live red 12v and the other a white ground. The wires are heavy gauge wires and the red has a shielded connector. They were not hooked up to anything just wondering if anyone has an idea of what they might have been for? I was thinking that nutone food center might be it but I read it was 110v.
2)I noticed that there is crystals in between the window panes on all the windows. Is this to absorb moisture? Is it normal?

That's all for now. I haven't had a lot of time with the trailer so I'm sure this is the first of many posts.
Thanks for your time.
TPickerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1981 31' Excella II
Midlothian , Virginia
Hello, I too have an Excella II.... I have crystals within the windows, I'm thinking that they have 'lost' their seal, but, its not an issue that is important to me at this point.... As far as the furnace, I am lucky that I have not had an issue with it's functioning, so I have not gotten into that system.... all of the others, however, I have been.... Welcome to our AS community...
Retired & Having Fun
toadtogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
regarding the crystals, if they kinda look like big pieces of table salt & they are stuck to the gasket in between the two panes, then yes, they are to absorb moisture.
Chris
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1981 31' Excella II
Spruce Grove , Alberta
Thanks for the responses. Good to hear about the window crystals, and I am still unsure of what the wires are for. I have other things to worry about that are more pressing. Thanks again
TPickerl is offline   Reply With Quote