Old 10-26-2008, 08:37 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
I took another look.

Hi, after reading all the posts concerning aluminum corrosion, I took another look at my trailer. My wheels are fine, my grab handle and taillight housings have areas that I accepted as sloppy assembly glue, but in fact is corrosion that was there the day I bought it new. It has not spread at all since, after four years. I did notice on one vertical seam located on the street side, front where the end cap and side are joined, three little spots. These may have been there and not noticed by me because it wasn't something I was looking for.

Now as for location, I live about eight miles from the ocean. My trailer is parked outside, always. As for maintainence, I do a good wash job before any trip or rally; In between that, my trailer get hosed off several times a year. My trailer has never been waxed or polished. I don't feel that I have a real corrosion problem. I have one possible theory why my trailer is doing so well. You know when you do a great job of waxing your car, how the water beads up from getting wet, like in the rain, or from your lawn sprinkler, or when you start to wash that waxed up car. Did you also notice that, on that waxed up car, if you don't dry it quickly, it will get water spots all over it? I think the wax job holds the moisture onto the surface much longer and possibly aids in the corrosion process. This is not scientific, but rather another possible cause.

The picture on the left was taken in our first campground on the day we first picked it up. The picture on the right was taken at our latest rally in October 2008. Click to enlarge pictures to see it is still as shiney as ever.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Picture CD 105 (Large).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	70287   Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 Balloon Fiesta 230 (Large).jpg
Views:	116
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	70288  

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"