Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2023, 12:20 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Trailer, Tow Vehicle, Hitches: Specifications

I have to admit, although I am a Neanderthal... most decisions need to be left to Human Beans to decide on their own.

Nearly all possible Airforum Threads I will now avoid making comment, other than Boondocking. Even that is on my Short List after reducing my mental agility to what "I Know Best" to one subject.

I know the names of my wife and three Blue Heelers. I know my address and sometimes the Cell Phone Number my wife always carries, as I do not.

I know what my Airstream 27FBQ and Oliver Elite II look like when in the Forest. At a RV Park for Airstreams or Oliver Trailers ONLY... I would be arrested as some kind of pervert. Airstreams and Oliver Elite II models all look the same to me. We do not lock our trailer door when Off the Grid.

If the door opens... we settle in and find something to eat.

Looking today at Model Specifications of the 2019 27 foot FBQ Airstream International Serenity and the Oliver Legacy Elite II with 16 inch Michelins... I know nothing. These numbers are only the beginning and much like counting flies hovering over road kill on the highway.

Numbers vary just by thinking about them.

Tire pressure charts are for Scientists. Tongue Weights for each trailer come with (approximate). Dry Weight. GVWR weight. Payload Capacity, Hitch Weight... all need to be considered, after or before you purchase an inappropriate Tow Vehicle that the Sales Person at the Auto Dealer and the Trailer Dealer.... said... "Purfect". One vowel "E" to "U" makes a Big difference.

I made a copy from Oliver and Airstream of Specifications of the models I own. Or think I own. Although Oliver comes with 16 inch Michelins, the Airstream I swapped the 15 inch Goodyears out for 16 inch Michelins. That changes numbers and new calculations need to be found to be... accurate, somehow.

I do not want to support Truck Scales every trip or while traveling adding hundreds of pounds of precious metals from prospecting and need calculatiuons after loading it all. Do I toss out some items, if seriously overweight? Family members or pets? Numbers add up.

There are no Light Rocks.

If parts fall off either trailer, do I need to know the weight changes? Or extra screws used. Or fewer pop rivets need some attention.

I do not want to adjust my PSI in my Michelin Tires like a Balloon at a Birthday Party. My lungs will no longer take it any more. I am out of Breath.

A balloon at 6psi is nothing compared to 80psi, I discovered.

Since my focus will not be technical computations by those who work in an Office and have Engineers that are on the payroll to assist... I am going to do everything that has worked for me since owning a Travel Trailer.

Use my Best Judgement that has always worked for me and let everyone else do whatever works out best for them.
Old 03-22-2023, 01:16 PM   #2
Escape Pod II

2022 23' Flying Cloud
2018 22' Sport
Orange , Texas
Those threads are tiresome. I usually read the first and last post which is usually made by the moderator :"THREAD CLOSED". I'll miss you Ray, because I'm not in to boondocking. I'll still read your posts, though.
Old 03-22-2023, 03:02 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 16' International CCD
Vintage Kin Owner
Somewhere , Colorado
Yup. To paraphrase Satchel Paige: Avoid the towing threads, they ain’t restful.
field & stream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:56 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Where would human beans be without Neanderthals Ray? Scientists say Neanderthals separated from human beans some two million years ago. You gave us more of a chance. I would like you to give us another. I have not been on the forum a long time but I have gone back and read many of your past posts and read most (maybe all) of your new ones. Some are entertaining, some are sharing but all have knowledge.

Oh the places we’ll go!
Kemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 12:01 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Dallas , TX
Ray, you are still my best friend that I have yet to meet. Amazing how we think alike.

GT
Baron 8TB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 01:57 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
Exactly.
tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote