Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2020, 07:15 AM   #1
ers
New FC 25' Owner

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Richmond , Virginia
Keeping our WDH bars & Sway Control accessible

As a new AS owner, I found whenever I put the WDH bars on the ground after arriving at our destination, I would get dirt all over the grease on the end that fit inside the hitch. Or before departing on a trip I would need to search the garage for the bars. I was looking for a solution... I noted 4 anchor points on the side of our F-150 XLT that are apparently used to mount accessories. And the area above the wheel well was not in use anyway. So I used a 3/4 inch piece of scrap plywood, two pieces of 4-inch PVC, and two short lengths of 1-1/2 inch PVC to build storage where I could keep everything in my truck bed. I even had room to mount my Sway Control system! We head out this weekend for our first trip with this new storage set up. Will report back after the trip. Stay safe out there everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2578.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	375579  
ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:19 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
nice design!