Old 02-26-2020, 09:45 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Houston , Texas
Almost since Day 1, I have used Hitchin' Rods to help aim my tow vehicle toward my rig with its ProPride hitch. Easy to find on Amazon. Immediately, backing up is a job I can do myself in a minute or two. Happy wife!

dhroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:14 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Tigard , Oregon
Thanks! On my way to HF!

PacificNW09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:48 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
GTA , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopmonster View Post
Thanks everyone! Iíll try the using the chocks to help in the morning, never tried that trick.The tongue seems to move freely in the coupler. Iím not sure if it can be adjusted but Iíll have a look through the manual. Itís just a simple WD Reese unit.
It's not the Reese portion we are talking about, it's the trailer tung part that needs lubing and possible adjustments and like previous said try having the ball slightly forward so as you lower the tung jack it comes all the way down.

Also once it is latched properly you can use the tung jack to lift the rig up to allow the Reese bars to latch on without breaking your arms.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopmonster View Post
Hey All
Just pulled the Ď19 Sport 16 out of storage and heading to warmer climate tomorrow.

I almost forgot what a pain in the butt it is getting the hitch to seat properly. It usually takes a fair bit of back and forth with sudden braking to get it to seat so the clasp lock down and holes line up. I was hoping it would get easier over time but almost a year out and itís still a struggle. I even cleaned out the hutch tongue and greased both pieces nicely.

I have a dealer installed Reese anti sway hitch with 2 5/16 ball.

Does anyone know of a trick to make this easier so I donít scare the hell out of other campers when Iím trying to seat it?

Many thanks!
Mike
I just found this thread. I had started my own,https://www.airforums.com/forums/f46...ng-206498.html.

In that thread, there is another person with a 2019 saying he has the same issue as I do, also with a 2019. This is clearly a defect.

DCPAS is offline   Reply With Quote