Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Hitches, Couplers & Balls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #41
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
I posted a thread about our horrible experience with Camper Clinic in Buda TX. It was deleted. No message or explanation yet. Not sure what I did wrong. Hopefully i'll get a chance to at least edit the post. We had multiple warranty items performed and was told it was completed. In fact many items were left undone. I guess I can't say more or this will get deleted also.
smhx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #42
Noob

2009 22' Sport
Columbus , Texas
I'd like to hear, as Paul Harvey would say, the rest of the story.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Can we get a moderator to to weigh in on the reason for the deletion? I read the post and have seen much more critical posts on here in the past
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
I'd like to tell the story also. I don't want to break the rules and honestly didn't think I did. But yet my thread was deleted with no explanation as of yet.

Maybe I voiced my opinion too harshly?

Here's a few facts.

We were told our dinette table was replaced with a new one. It wasn't.

We were told our inverter was working. It wasn't.

Even though it's been fixed for weeks, our Formica panel that covers the shower plumbing is still sitting at Camper Clinic. Along with a new table top and inverter. I was told today if I want them shipped to me I have to pay the shipping. Or I can wait til someone brings them to San Antonio and meet them.

I've asked for a time frame twice and have received no answer.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I think the mods here are pretty conscientious about explaining their actions quickly.

Is it possible you accidentally deleted your post before submitting it? Happens easily.

Maggie
Old 04-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
I think the mods here are pretty conscientious about explaining their actions quickly.

Is it possible you accidentally deleted your post before submitting it? Happens easily.

Maggie
The post was there and very detailed if a little disjointed (rant factor??). I fail to see why is was removed also.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #47
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
No. I had about 57 views last time I checked.

I thought I proof read it but maybe my "autocorrect" typed something I didn't catch.

I wrote an email to my dad the other day. I misspelled "separate" and auto correct replaced it with "sexier ate". He was confused to say the least. It was a good laugh.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #48
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
Yes disjointed is kindly put. Thanks. I was ticked as I typed and not used to the giant coffee I drank this morning.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by smhx4 View Post
Yes disjointed is kindly put. Thanks. I was ticked as I typed and not used to the giant coffee I drank this morning.

Sounds like you have some legitimate complaints from what I read before it was zapped. I certainly hope it gets straightened out to your (the customers) satisfaction. Has Airstream been of any assistance?
Also if you are a Good Sam member I would send them a letter detailing your issues. They will act as mediators in matters such as this for members.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #50
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
Hm. Just received this email from Camper Clinic. FYI. I've also been keeping Airstream informed of the latest. To include two emails this morning. Thoroughly impressed with Airstreams customer service.

Here's the email........

Sandra,
I have spoke to management here and they have decided to ship the parts to you, at no cost to you. *I will get them packaged up and sent out today, as we were not able to get anyone to San Antonio in a short amount of time. I apologize for the inconvenience, you should have the parts around the first of next week.
Thanks,
Melanie

First apology I've received. It's a shame you have to light a fire to get people to do their jobs.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #51
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Kudos to Melanie for taking care of at least some of the issue. I have found with some places of businesses it just depends on the day, the person and which way the wind is blowing
Old 04-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #52
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Rockford , Michigan
I, too, read the post & smhx4 had the right to be ticked. Another RV business took care of the problems & that information was also included. That's why some of us read these posts....good information on what to do & what to avoid.
Schools Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #53
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
Sorry no kudos to Melanie. I have multiple emails and the last ones she didn't even address me by name. It was Airstream that got this done.

Kudos to Airstream!!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #54
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
This has been going on for weeks. Not a rare occurrence or one problem at all. I'm just taking the time to inform other folks and let Airstream know that their name is not being well represented by Camper Clinic in Buda TX, to say the least.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
It is unfortunate that you have been having these ongoing problems. My point was that someone there, even if belatedly and under duress from Jackson Center, is shipping your parts to you at their cost and did apologize. Doesn't put it to rights and certainly won't change the image problems that that dealership has had on this forum.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #56

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
<<Mod Mode>>

The thread in question was removed as it violated the communuty rules addressing vendor disputes.

Quote:
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.
The intent is to keep this forum free flowing and to allow the sharing of information good, or bad that will benefit all. Complaints are acceptable and in many cases justified. It is reasonable to expect good service and as consumers we want to know if there are traps to avoid. General statements about one's experiences are certainly important and worthwhile, however this is not a venue to rant.

As for making contact. If there is an issue concerning thread, or post content we attempt to notify the member(s) as soon as possible. We try to respond quickly so as to avoid any confusion, but sometimes there are delays due to staff schedules or availability. We regret any delays you experienced.

On behalf of the site team.

Quote:
I posted a thread about our horrible experience with Camper Clinic in Buda TX. It was deleted. No message or explanation yet. Not sure what I did wrong. Hopefully i'll get a chance to at least edit the post. We had multiple warranty items performed and was told it was completed. In fact many items were left undone. I guess I can't say more or this will get deleted also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal15 View Post
Can we get a moderator to to weigh in on the reason for the deletion? I read the post and have seen much more critical posts on here in the past
Quote:
I'd like to tell the story also. I don't want to break the rules and honestly didn't think I did. But yet my thread was deleted with no explanation as of yet.

Maybe I voiced my opinion too harshly?

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Thanks, Kevin.

No complaints here about the rules and the way this forum is moderated... Ya'll do a great job.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #58
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
I see what I did now. I even called it a rant. Next time I'll stick to the facts.

I got the info out there so that's good.

My stuff is on the way. Hopefully our service visits will go more smoothly in the future. We'd like to build a history with a dealer we can trust and recommend. It's our plan to be Airstream customers until we can no longer camp. Since we're both 41, Lord willing we have many streaming years left.

Thanks all.

Sandra
Old 04-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #59
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
Received the table top and Formica panel on Friday. The inverter arrived Monday. The table top was in horrible shape. Two large dents on the edges and multiple scratches on the top. It was well packed and no obvious damage to the package. Seems it was shipped this way. I let Airstream know and called Explore RV. Hoping we won't have to wait too long for a new one. It's unfortunate we even have to schedule service and drop off our Airstream again to another dealer when all this should have been done right the first time.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #60
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Sandra,

Before I read your last post I was going to recommend Explorer RV since they are an Airstream dealer and much closer to you in San Antonio.

Hope your problems are taken care of, and that you can make it this June!

Steve