Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Hitches, Couplers & Balls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-11-2020, 09:52 PM   #121
4 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Pala , California
I posted elsewhere I do not like the Blue Ox.

I'm sure the pros and cons have been thoroughly explained but all things being equal there are MUCH simpler MORE straight forward and SAFER anti-sway/ weight distribution hitches.

Blue Ox does not explain the danger of having the chains even slightly under tension. The lock pins stick and you wont know what's going on till it lets go! There's some stories of injuries online... think twice about these hitches!

BTW Equalizer offering 10% off and free shipping. I have one on the way for $646.

Trav
TravisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:08 PM   #122
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
Your F-150 with max tow is fairly stiff so you could go with the lighter bars, That is what I have for my 2500, the lower spring rate will make things a bit less harsh though the extra displacement while tensioning up or down adds slightly to the risk of injury. The longer wrench is helpful, I have the old one and switched to an extended breaker bar after the stock wrench got out of my hand once. I don't have any interference with the propane cover....
BayouBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:36 PM   #123
Freedom

2023 30' Classic
Dallas , TX
I installed the Lippert Components Straptek on my Blue Ox 1500 Bars system today. I own a 2020 25RB Flying Cloud and tow with a 2019 Silverado High Country 6.2 Gas. It is so nice doing away with those chains. The strap system makes hooking up and unhooking SO MUCH more easy and actually enjoyable compared to the chains. I highly recommend them if you dread using the chain system as much as I did. Trying to get those chains around the propane cover was a major PITA on my unit.
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote