Originally Posted by AndyPenny
Going to pick up my "new" 1976 Argosy 24' Twin Bed TT in a few weeks and have some questions:
1. Please confirm that the Equal-i-zer Brand Hitch I am ordering will fit the tongue/frame size. The maximum the standard brackets will fit is a 6" frame.
2. Please confirm that the ball size is 2 5/16" inches.
3. My understanding is the trailer hitch height (inside top of the ball) is 19.5"
4. Will the slide-out tray hold one or two 12-volt batteries.
5. The stats say the loaded tongue weight is approximately 650 (560 empty per the company). Does this sound accurate?
That's it! Thanks in advance for your assistance.
1. There are far better hitches than an Equalizer. An Equalizer is cheap, and so is it's performance, in my opinion. It certainly offers little to no sway control.
2 Ball size is 2 5/16.
3. That ball height was good at time of manufacture. More than likely, especially if the trailer has been parked for a while, the axles are shot, If that's the case, then the ball height could be as low as16 inches.
4. One battery.
5. Tongue weight is about right.
What tow vehicle do you have.
What rating hitch did you order?