Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2016, 02:51 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Berkeley , California
Anyone in the Bay Area have a trailer dolly and time to assist?

Hi!

I have a REALLY tight parking spot on the side of my house in Berkeley CA, and my 25' FC is currently parked on the street. I'm thinking a trailer dolly is going to be the answer to get the camper in the driveway, but I would love to try one out before dropping the $$$ to buy one. Plus, I would love some in person guidance on safe handling... not the kind of thing I want to play around with.

Are there any bay area airstreamers out there that have a trailer dolly of some type, and moreover, anybody have a few minutes to help my try and place the trailer in my driveway who knows what they are doing?

Thanks!!!
Jonathan
jonathansimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:40 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

If you have a pickup truck as a tow vehicle, I'd recommend installing a front hitch. Although the tongue weight might exceed the limits of the hitch and/or axle, the distance and speed involved with parking a trailer make the combination safe to use, at least it is for me.

The needle-threading ability of a front hitch are amazing, but you'll still need a spotter to take care of the blind spots involved in precision trailer parking.
Airstreamer67 is offline   Reply With Quote