Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2019, 02:25 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Pleasant Garden , North Carolina
AirSafe, ProPride & Reese Dual Cam

This year I have been using the Reese Dual Cam WD hitch on my 2018 F250 CC4WD to pull my 2019 30' Classic. Although I have been happy with my set up I am always looking to make my towing experience a little better and safer. I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on a ProPride hitch when I started reading about the AirSafe product. Both products seem to have their pluses and both are fairly expensive. I like the perceived benefits of the AirSafe hitch but wonder if it should be used with the ProPride system. Should I buy the AirSafe and stay with the Reese, should I buy just the ProPride or do I buy the AirSafe and the ProPride? Suggestions would be appreciated.
jlandreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 02:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Airsafe system will not work properly with ProPride systems per Sean at ProPride.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 02:38 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Airsafe system will not work properly with ProPride systems per Sean at ProPride.
Well this is good info to know. That eliminates one possibility.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:45 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Corona , California

Consider carefully the total sway elimination from a ProPride system.

Other non PPP system provide antisway through friction or cams only.

Airsafe only provides some cushioning, but no antisway at all.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:18 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
I use a Propride. I pull a 28' with an F150. It eliminated the bow affect of big trucks and made my towing experience far more stable and relaxed. It was well worth the money. The nice thing about the PP is you can really dial the WD part of it well. And it completely eliminates sway.

Do you experience a significant bow affect when big trucks go by you? Any sway? You definitely want a WDH.
Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:37 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Corona , California

To be perfectly clear and answer the OP’s original question.

I’d buy the ProPride. I have one now, and won’t tow without it.

Properly set the WD jacks and I haven’t popped a single rivet yet. Sway is non-existent because the trapezoid linkage on the ProPride flat prevents it mechanically at ANY angle between the trailer and tow vehicle.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:51 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Thanks guys, ProPride it is. Anyone have any helpful tips for installing it on my 30' Classic?
Old 10-18-2019, 08:19 AM   #8
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'm sure the ProRide is great.

I have had the Airsafe and Reese Dual Cam with 600lb bars for the better part of a decade, and tens of thousands of miles.

Hitches conversations are similar to that of who makes the better truck. There are people from every camp that list the pros and cons.

Airstreams notoriously like a smooth ride. The 3/4 and 1 ton units can provide a harsh ride which is completely mitigated by the AirSafe.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:23 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Toledo , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandreth View Post
Thanks guys, ProPride it is. Anyone have any helpful tips for installing it on my 30' Classic?
Just follow the instructions and call Sean if you have any problems he's a great guy
woodfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:38 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1996 34' Excella
Elberta , Alabama
Quote:
This year I have been using the Reese Dual Cam WD hitch on my 2018 F250 CC4WD to pull my 2019 30' Classic. Although I have been happy with my set up I am always looking to make my towing experience a little better and safer. I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on a ProPride hitch when I started reading about the AirSafe product. Both products seem to have their pluses and both are fairly expensive. I like the perceived benefits of the AirSafe hitch but wonder if it should be used with the ProPride system. Should I buy the AirSafe and stay with the Reese, should I buy just the ProPride or do I buy the AirSafe and the ProPride? Suggestions would be appreciated.

I've used the AirSafe/Reese Dual Cam for the past 10 years, and have around 90,000 miles of experience with this combination....my Airsafe is the Cat 5, and what a difference in how things in the trailer ride. I currently have a 34' Airstream, and the only other hitch I would consider, would be the PullRite, for "bumper pull" trailers......and yes it is still available on special order....
For what it's worth,
Larry
Larry C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:51 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Geismar , Louisiana
Quote:
I installed a ProPride recently on my 2016 30' Classic and had to make two relatively minor modifications: (1) Lower the copper propane line--it interfered with the u-bolt for the weight distribution jack, and (2) cut off the front portion of the bent round bar that's welded to the base of each weight distribution jack--it interfered with the cover for the propane bottle.
depiertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:23 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Delray Beach , Florida
Go with the ProPride!

Quote:
I recently purchased a 2018 27 Flying Cloud that came with a ProPride system. I should start by saying that I am not mechanically inclined and Sean walked me through the entire process of adjusting the system to fit my 2018 Suburban. I have towed with other systems and nothing comes close to the experience I have had with the ProPride. I love it, and I can say enough about Sean and his team at ProPride.
time2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:50 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
I pull with a 2500 and a Reese Dual Cam with 800 lb bars. I have not looked at the Airsafe but I have not felt like I need it. My ride is pretty good and the trailer inside does not get bounced around a lot. If I was going to change from the Reese I would go with the Pro Pride.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:58 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2006 28' International CCD
Saint Paul , Minnesota
Hensley.
Mhphhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:42 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Quote:
Here is a video of the ProPride in action. This video was covered in detail in another thread and there is no point rehashing all those details, but you can clearly see the trailer trying to sway and the ProPride keeping it from happening.

Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:43 PM   #16

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhphhoward View Post
Hensley.

Propride is the MUCH improved Hensley.
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:47 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephraim View Post
Here is a video of the ProPride in action. This video was covered in detail in another thread and there is no point rehashing all those details, but you can clearly see the trailer trying to sway and the ProPride keeping it from happening.

Great video. By the way that power cord looks like the way to go.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:54 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
Quote:
1. Take your time. Don't try to do it all in one afternoon. It takes about 3 to 4 hours if you have never done it before. I did mine in stages so that I could thoroughly read the directions and understand them. Just taking everything a part and organizing all the pieces will take a good 45 minutes to an hour. Want to lay everything out carefully.
2. You will need some help when you connect the main part of the hitch. There is a way to do it alone, but easier with 4 hands.
3. Sean is available for help. I texted him a picture of my set up and he immediately caught a few things to adjust.
4. Buy a 250lb or better torque wrench. You will need it.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:16 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member

1996 25' Excella
Francisco , Indiana
Reese dual cam and Airsafe. Really like them both nothing moves around in trailer. Very smooth ride.
YMMV
Hickory
Hickory1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:20 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Corona , California
Have a floor jack and a bottle jack handy to do the heavy lifting and holding stuff in place. My then 20-year-old daughter and I installed the ProPride in about three hours. It’s handy to have someone hand you tools and read the directions over and over again.

Dittos on the 250 foot-pound torque wrench. One from Harbor Fright will do. Just be sure to set it to minimum torque (30 on mine) to take stress off the spring. It’s also handy for routine torquing on wheel lug nuts, etc.

Sean is very responsible and will answer or call you back quickly if you have questions. I flat will not tow without one.