Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-08-2021, 03:56 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillfromWI View Post
Plywood makes it easy to install recessed D-rings where needed but if were doing it again I would consider a floor track system such as L-Track. Recessed L-Track would complicate floor fabrication to avoid adding a ˝” of headroom loss.
When I finished a former motorcycle trailer, I used L-track. I bolted two 6' sections to the floor and a 3' piece across the front. It was the most convenient system and I loved it. At the time I had no idea it was called L-track, I just knew airplane seat track.
I wish I would have recessed it though (actually I would have added side pieces since my floor was incapsulated fiberglass.) I didn't want the weight.
Be aware with L-track the fasteners are specialized since the taper of the screws is different than a flat head machine screw. I just bought enough from the supplier. The fittings were easy to move and very solid.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 09:21 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We have a Cargo Glide 1500 in our 2020 Ford F-250 and it has worked flawlessly and has solved the getting in and out of the pick-up bed problem. I looked at every brand out in the market and based on feedback from others, bought the Cargo Glide 1200. Just make sure you don't exceed your payload weight. I purchased the unit that extends 75% out of the bed and it works great.
TTOlsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 06:49 AM   #23
Texas Toaster

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Smithville , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinWhite View Post
We're are looking a truck bed tray slides. There are a few styles and manufactures. Are there any recommendations?

Thanks for your input.
I have used the Decked system since 2019. It’s more light weight than the wood or steel systems. I found it very durable and functional. The two slide outs carry heavy items and those not needed daily. I still carry items on top of the deck in tubs and totes. I used the wood systems in my patrol SUV and they were very heavy. My truck bed is covered with a heavy duty ARE camper shell and serves as my stores for our trips. It’s a great system.
MarkW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 01:34 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Classic
Cambridge , New York
We got the bed roller, tool boxes, bed cap, and headache rack/ladder rack as parts of the "Pickup Pack" from Highway Products. Click on "images" link below avatar for photos. Had them all six years and very pleased with them. Our bed roller is the 2,000 lb capacity, although they make a heavier one.

https://highwayproducts.com/truck-ac...s/pickup-pack/
Old 08-16-2021, 07:33 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Barnstable , Massachusetts
Yes, I have advice. Don’t waste your money! It adds A LOT of weight, not useable when attached, reduced storage volume. The best answer to truck bed storage is a cap with openable side “window doors”. You can easily reach most everything in the bed.
Gulliver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 03:12 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Classic
Cambridge , New York
I got the 2000# one from Highway Products. Love it. Click on "images" under my avatar for photos.
Old 09-07-2021, 08:37 PM   #27
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Crawfordville , FL
in a work truck with a are commercial steel topper wuth the side toolboxes i had a cargoslide in it, it pulled a fabricated box in sections out, there was a little wasted space on the sides, but it was a dedicated purpose rig (land survey gear)

in the private truck i have a cargoglide 2200xl, under a american work cover jr rolling tonneau.
on the sides i have the bilt rite panels to try and reclaim the wasted space.
the cargoglide i have has the gooseneck cutout,
granted it is the 75% pullout model, and i give up about 2 to 3 inches of bed space, its a fair trade off for me.
it barely fits under the cannister roll of the cover. about 1/4" clearance.

now the 2019 f 350 with the 20" wheels is tall, so i did not want to crawl up inthere to use the truck.
but still wanted secure dry storage and ability to use my truck as a truck, yes i give up about 10" of length with the roll cover, another compromise i can live with.
mapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 08:43 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
West Lake Hills , Texas
I have three 2021 heavy duty cardboard boxes. Lightweight. Slide easily on the truck bed. When/if they get too beat up I’ll probably upgrade to the 2022 model.
Fungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 04:30 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2017 20' Flying Cloud
Williamson County , Texas
Love our BedSlide

We have a BedSlide and I love it, use it quite a lot the 8-9 months we are not traveling, and it will be the first upgrade to any truck I buy in the future. Really nice not to have to get up on the tailgate or crawl into the bed to retrieve stuff, just slide it out and everything is easy to access. Very useful when I had to haul a load of pavers.

Yes it cuts into Payload, and in fact the cooler in the photo goes into the Airstream when traveling if full (surprisingly, our Canyon actually has better payload capacity than many of the new F150 configurations). Of course if you have a K2500 or F250 then the weight is a non-issue. Nice thing regarding payload is you can put the heaviest items closest to the front of the bed, which might be the opposite of what you would do when packing a bed without a slide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BedSlide Packed.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	403679