Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2021, 10:16 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Travel Log Towing and NOT

We carry a Travel Log with each vehicle we own and owned.

Blue/Black ink for when NOT Towing entries.

Red ink for WHEN TOWING entries.

One glance and we can see the ink color flipping pages. Great to know while towing knowing what town we stopped in the past, price of fuel and any comments like Air, Water, Dump Station.. if we want.

After a Towing Trip, the computer stores this information permanently and we know Hours on the Road, Miles Per Gallon averaged and Total Mileage when connected the the trailer. We reset the B odometer, but the F350 has a TOTAL from the first day towing and at the moment. A buyer can see how many miles you have been TOWING versus NOT Towing. Yep... good for the buyer to know... the details.

We log: Date, Gas Station, Where, Odometer, Miles on the Vehicle trip, Price of Fuel, Gallons, Miles Per Gallon, Paid amount total.

One column is the Miles Per Gallon when Towing. Red Ink.
One column is the Miles Per Gallon when NOT Towing. Blue/Black Ink.

Same information written for:

Oil & Filter Change. Oil weight, brand, filter brand #.
Fuel Filter Change.
Air Filter Change.
DEF added.
Anything else? Tires.

Any prompts come up on the dashboard? Noted and where, etc. (Usually Emission notices that reset.)

High Elevation notices that the engine is 'carbon exhaust cleaning' and other modern requirements for the environment. Even if you Top Off the Fuel... you will get a Notice NOT to top off. The sensors detect less vacuum in the fuel tank. No Sh*&%t. This is a 2016... coming soon to your doorstep.

Anyone have a Travel Log? How does it help you?

We can flip back and know which Stations were used in the past. Maverick stations are the BEST for us in the west. Some have Air, Fresh Water, Dump Station, Pet Areas... Yaaa Hooo I say.

When we sell a vehicle, we scan the last pages to give to the new owners of last Oil name and type, Oil, Fuel and Air Filter, etc for the new owner.

Myself... I am the Driver. Nancy does all the Travel Logging. She has nice handwriting. My best is like a 7 year old with a crayon... which is still better than my scratching on stone tablets. I prefer to type out conversations and not in hand written notes. Ahhhh.... you can use this excuse as well. It works for me.