Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-27-2021, 08:18 PM   #41
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
You’ll need to provide more information for us to give you an informed answer. Will you please share the towing and payload specs for your suburban? My gut tells me that you’ll be pushing the limits with your Suburban, but I don’t want to jump to conclusions.

Since my original post in this thread back in August of 2020, I’ve done more research into GM’s Max Trailering Package. I don’t know if it’s the same for half-ton trucks as it is for Suburbans, but here’s a list of some of the things that are part of the package for trucks:
  • Rear axle ratio optimized for towing (3.42 when coupled with the 5.3L)
  • Heavy duty, automatic locking rear differential (activated when “tow mode” is selected)
  • Heavy duty rear springs and axle with increased GVWR, increased payload capacity and increased maximum towing capacity
  • Integrated trailer brake controller
  • Towing mirrors
  • Auxiliary transmission oil cooler
  • Auxiliary engine oil cooler
  • Trailer hitch with 4-pin and 7-pin wiring harness
  • Stabilitrak with automatic anti-sway control

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote