Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2018, 05:40 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Arlington Heights , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Agree! The F250 6.7L in tow-haul mode pulls my 28' FC up/down/around at 60-65 in cruise, with engine brake in auto like a dream, at ~1500 RPM's! I can control the speed with my thumbs and the cruise on the wheel...no need to hit the brakes nor the gas most of the time, except of course with heavy traffic....but even then, the safe distance technology helps control speed. If you don't have one or have not driven one with a trailer behind, hard to understand from someone's descriptions. And your right; rarely any semi push...

I recently purchased the extended 100K/5year warranty also; my rig is only 18 months old, but I was at 34,994 miles in Banff few months back, when my wife asked if I was going to get the extended warranty! I called my dealer in Texas and was able to take a picture of my odometer and got the "employee" discount at $2,400~ over the phone...couple hundred $$ over what it was offered to me before I took delivery, but that's what I was expecting.

I am at 45K now...and just purchased 4 new Michelins at Costco with the October $130 discount they have going...will install sometime in November, likely...I was anticipating the Alumalina run this week, but plans changed...Costco said they would hold these for 2 months at the local store.

New Michelin’s for the truck or trailer?
rgg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:04 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
North Bay , Ontario
I have an F250, 2019 diesel and love it. From my understanding having the tow/haul mode on and the auto air brake on with this truck when you put your foot on the brake it initiates a down shift which increases the RPM which in turn engages the engine brake even more. Just one more great feature.

There are many different ways you can use the truck with Auto Airbrake and Manual Airbrake, cruise control and manual shifting. It is a great experience.
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Albireo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:21 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
I do not take my truck out of tow/haul when pulling the trailer. But I find that in hills I am much better off not to use the Cruise with it Mine downshifts more often than I like going down and then actually accelerates and runs out a long was in low gear up the other side. Much smoother if I do it manually.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgg123 View Post
New Michelin’s for the truck or trailer?
Truck...still have about 10K of tread left, but wanted to take advantage of the Costco discount this month...plus they said I could pay now and take up to 2 months to install before they would send back. I was anticipating the trip to Alumalina this week, then down to Florida...but that aint happening...due to new grandchild anyday now. For the trailer, we just put on new GY Endurance in July prior to leaving MT for TX...
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:43 AM   #45
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Arlington Heights , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Truck...still have about 10K of tread left, but wanted to take advantage of the Costco discount this month...plus they said I could pay now and take up to 2 months to install before they would send back. I was anticipating the trip to Alumalina this week, then down to Florida...but that aint happening...due to new grandchild anyday now. For the trailer, we just put on new GY Endurance in July prior to leaving MT for TX...

Hey, congrats on the new grandchild!! Still waiting for our first one - sons are not even dating so it may never come - LOL! I see that you are an RV inspector - bought mine used from a guy in FL - a little over a year old but had it inspected to make sure it was ok. A few small things but no biggie. I had gotten burned before with another RV (40 foot diesel pusher) and did not want to make the same mistake twice. I have Michelin all the way around for RV and truck - so far great! I plan on replacing the trailer tires at the end of next season since it will be 4 years time - being a bit cautious since I do not know how they were treated by the prior owner and everyone says change out after 5 years regardless. Probably stick with Michelins since I have had no issues to date. Enjoy your winter in TX! My wife and I spent June/July in WY and MT this year - great country! I now know why they call it Big Sky Country!
rgg123 is offline   Reply With Quote