Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2004, 12:29 AM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Franklin , Tennessee
Big Dee,

I would absolutely, without reservation, recommend this trip.

I went with a WCBBI caravan, Dave and Linda Andrejuski (bad spelling) were leaders. This 60 day trip (cost $3,500 or so depending on options) was a delight. There were 38 "trailers" and about 80 people. This trip has been done many times by the WBCCI group. They have honed it down to the best rv parks, the best shows, the best boat trips, plane trips, and the like. Just pay your money and enjoy the ride....somebody else does the scheduling work. There was exactly enough "rest" time between activities, the days were filled up. 60 days is a long trip (three of the trailers had to go home for personal reasons (houses wrecked by hurricanes led the list)), but all of us could have gone on for more days, Alaska is a wonderous state.

The roads were good to excellent (given where we were). There were no breakdowns at all from anyone on the trip. In fact, I cannot recall one flat tire.

If you decide to go, go with the WBCCI group. I think they only do the Alaska trip every other year. I know that the trip Dave and Linda do is next scheduled for 2006, and there is a waiting list already. Get your monies in now to get on the list...Dave and Linda did a remarkable job........can't say enough about their work.........really got the best deals and worked tirelessly.

OVER59,

We went July 15th to September 15th. There was plenty of room at the campgrounds (generally). Some places got a little tight (like Chicken Al, population 12). Again, I would definitely go with a group. It takes all of the "should I or shouldn't I" out of the equation. Also, you don't flounder around looking for the best places and activities. Our Dave and Linda did many side trips looking at things and places for the next caravan. Also, 38 trailers is a BIG order for these parks, shows, etc. You get the good prices.

Got to go, start planning your trip. It is a lifetime experience, one you will not soon forget.

Gerry
nangoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1/2 ton