Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2020, 11:31 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
sanibel , fl
tacoma pulling a 20 ft bambi or caravelle????

All; I've searched through the past posts and still cant find specific examples of owners pulling a 19-20 ft Bambi or Caravelle with a double cab 4wd tacoma TV.

Surely someone out there is doing it or has past experience on how or why to do it or not do it.

Seems like the numbers work but I really wanted to hear personal examples of success or failure.

New Tacoma on order, new AS planned for march 2021.

Can you give me the benefit of your experience please?

Thanks in advance.

Bill
weroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:52 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' International
Richland , Washington
Towing with a Tacoma

We towed a Flying Cloud 20 with a 2016 Tacoma double cab it’s the tow package. The issues we found were lack of power and poor fuel economy, along with some concerns about the brakes on the Tacoma (drums in the rear..). Having said that, the Tacoma did get the job done. although taking your time was the order of the day.
caronair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
I tow a 2007 International CCD 22 footer dual axle with a 2012 Crew Cab short bed 4WD Tacoma. I use a ProPride hitch system, and a bit of patience on the long climbs. Stopping has never been an issue with the aftermarket trailer brake controller set properly. The rig gets an average of 10-14MPG depending on terrain.

Sure, I would love the extra horsepower of a Tundra, but that’s a late next year purchase...besides, I’m semi-retired, and never in a huge hurry. We have to stop to walk the dogs and take walk-around and potty breaks anyway.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel