Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2020, 03:58 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Berkeley , California
Online source for door jamb sticker info on cargo capacity?

Hi All. I'm looking at 2020 Ford F150s for towing and would love to know if there's an online source of VIN-specific details on cargo-carrying weights. (I know there are tables with general info, but this isn't what I need.)

With a heavy tongue weight (~900lb), some configurations (typically heavily optioned - and very few trucks are exactly the same) have cargo limits in the 1500lb range, which doesn't leave much room for four passengers and their stuff.

Other than going to see the door jamb sticker for each individual truck (or asking the dealer to send it), is there an online source tied to the VIN?

TIA
Pbn2au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:15 PM   #2
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Welcome Aboard 👍

POI a 900lb TW doesn't all go against the TV's "payload" capacity.
It's the weight on the receiver after weight distribution that count's against "payload"
If you stay below the axle and tire load ratings, and don't exceed the gross combined weight rating it's very unlikely you'll have a problem.

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 10-14-2020, 08:13 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
2017 23' Flying Cloud
Hiawassee , Georgia
I don’t know about an online resource but I do believe Ford dealers have a tool to calculate sticker values based on configuration. I’m not talking about sales brochures. I’m talking about a tool.

Of course I understand that you prefer to calculate it independently of the dealer; I would prefer that myself.

I bought a new truck remotely last year. The dealer sent me info that was apparently produced with a software tool of sorts. It agreed very well with the door jamb sticker.
KK4YZ is offline   Reply With Quote