Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2020, 04:51 PM   #41
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Akron , Ohio
Pugsly! So ugly it's cute!
prudencepb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:17 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Getting frustrated trying to find running boards. Most tuck right below the bottom of the door. They all describe the width and length of the board but not the length of the drop from the actual door frame. Amp research does not make the very pricy electric drop down boards for the NV 3500 and do not intend to expand during the Covid-19 crisis. I have a folding stool that fits nicely into the door side pocket and added a parachute cord leash to pull it inside. That will do temporarily, and I have found a receiver step with a six inch drop (nearly made me crosseyed) so if anyone has found anything please let me know.

Thanks in advance. Paula
Old 12-20-2020, 06:01 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Well, had my first "Oh No!" Moment with Pugsley the van. Today I did a few chores, then just decided to take a nice long ride just for the a break in the week. 2.5 hours later started to get cramps in my right ankle, knee and hip. Pulled over, and adjusted the heck out of the seat to try to find a more comfortable position. Nothing helped so I headed home fast, and took some baby aspirin. By the time I got home I was in agony, though going to cruise control helped. My running boards won't arrive until January, and I nearly fell from the truck trying to get out. Got inside the Airstream and went to the verge of scalding myself in the shower, which helped a bunch. Collapsed on the bed most of the day, still have some residual soreness, but nothing compared to this morning.

Point? Well, I am going to really have to learn to set the drivers seat up to make it as good as possible (forgot it could be heated!?), but may have to consider replacing it with a high end aftermarket captain's chair with electric everything. There are several sprinter owners at Travelers Rest and Resort, and I've heard very good things about their front seating. I am going to have a look at what the Interstate uses.

Confused because it was SO comfortable at first, but aargh on a long run. Suggestions welcome.

Gimpy Paula