Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-01-2022, 09:04 PM   #1
Rivet Master
 
Hans627's Avatar

 
2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,091
New Ford Super Duty

Some interesting features on the new Ford Super Duty truck. Even more capability and new features.

Looks like they have an on board scale that will tell you how much payload you are carrying. Lots of other goodies and the price that goes along with them.

I didn't realize that Ford had 50% of the HD truck market. Good for them!

Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 09:37 PM   #2
Moderator
 
moosetags's Avatar

 
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,813
Images: 5
Thank you for posting that. I found it very interesting.

Brian
__________________
SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 09:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
Dennis C's Avatar
 
2020 23' International
Evergreen , Colorado
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 2,337
It looks like a great truck.
__________________
Dennis

Previously owned:
2020 International Serenity 23 FB "Sparkle Plenty"
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 10:45 PM   #4
Freedom
 
KCurtis's Avatar

 
2020 25' Flying Cloud
Dallas , TX
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 398
Images: 2
Did they fix the “Death Wabbly” that has been an issue in their tucks for the past 40+ years?
__________________
-------------------------------------------
2023 30 Foot Classic
2022 Ram 3500 Dually
WBCCI: 26506
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:09 AM   #5
Rivet Master
 
mikeinca's Avatar

 
2020 25' Globetrotter
Santa Rosa , California
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCurtis View Post
Did they fix the “Death Wabbly” that has been an issue in their tucks for the past 40+ years?
Do you mean the "death wobble" in their trucks?

Yes, they did.
__________________
Mike

2020 25' Globetrotter Twin | 2017 F250 4x4 6.7 max tow Platinum
400Ah Battle Born lithium battery string | 580W solar (400W roof 180W portable)
mikeinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 07:09 AM   #6
Rivet Master
 
Dennis C's Avatar
 
2020 23' International
Evergreen , Colorado
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinca View Post
Do you mean the "death wobble" in their trucks?

Yes, they did.
Interesting. How did they fix it in the new truck?
__________________
Dennis

Previously owned:
2020 International Serenity 23 FB "Sparkle Plenty"
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 07:44 AM   #7
Freedom
 
KCurtis's Avatar

 
2020 25' Flying Cloud
Dallas , TX
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 398
Images: 2
Yes wobbly. Big fingers on my phone + autocorrect isn’t a good thing.

What amazed me in seeing this problem in videos over the past 2 years is I remembered the fun of experiencing this sensation in the 1970 Ford truck we had at a job. I found it amazing that people were still experiencing this after all these years.
__________________
-------------------------------------------
2023 30 Foot Classic
2022 Ram 3500 Dually
WBCCI: 26506
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:24 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member
 
SlowPokePete's Avatar
 
2020 25' Globetrotter
Hillsdale , New York
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 241
Thanks for posting this.

My next TV will definitely be an F-250/350 with the 7.3L V8.

Thankfully, I guess, I can't afford this yet...would prefer to let the new Model Year get a little time under it's belt to work out the bugs.

And, I gotta admit all the technology in these things scares the hell outta me!

SPP
SlowPokePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 10:23 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member
 
2020 30' Classic
Blue Ridge , Georgia
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 200
Ford had a recall on certain trucks to address the death wobble. They replaced the steering damper which was the issue. My F250 was one and I received a recall letter in the mail.
Gleverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:01 PM   #10
Rivet Master
 
mikeinca's Avatar

 
2020 25' Globetrotter
Santa Rosa , California
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
Interesting. How did they fix it in the new truck?
My understanding is that front end components were upgraded in 2020 when Ford switched to electronically controlled hydraulic steering. The electronic control is also what allows Super Duty trucks to now be equipped with pro trailer backup assist, just like the F150's.

FWIW, my 2017 F250 has never experienced the "death wobble".
__________________
Mike

2020 25' Globetrotter Twin | 2017 F250 4x4 6.7 max tow Platinum
400Ah Battle Born lithium battery string | 580W solar (400W roof 180W portable)
mikeinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:11 PM   #11
Rivet Master
 
DewTheDew's Avatar
 
2020 30' Classic
Frederick , Maryland
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 688
I am resisting reading about this new truck because I have a perfectly good 2019 F250 diesel and don't need to get tempted!
DewTheDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:05 PM   #12
CRH
Rivet Master
 
1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,169
My 2019 had the wobble while towing the AS. It was no fun. The truck had about 30k miles and had no modifications. My dealer replace the steering stabilizer. I expect it to happen again when the new stabilizer gets some wear on it.
CRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:07 PM   #13
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar
 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinca View Post
My understanding is that front end components were upgraded in 2020 when Ford switched to electronically controlled hydraulic steering. The electronic control is also what allows Super Duty trucks to now be equipped with pro trailer backup assist, just like the F150's.

FWIW, my 2017 F250 has never experienced the "death wobble".
I have same year F250, albeit a KR 4x4 model, and never experienced it either. I have asked about the modification but was told, mine was not affected? They did tell me however, there is another "recall" on the electronic tailgate harness coming shortly, when I was being serviced in Idaho in August. With 142K miles, runs like a top...
__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, 6.7L, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:55 PM   #14
CRH
Rivet Master
 
1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,169
There's a new recall for the tailgate camera. The lens coating can degrade causing visibility issues. I got my notice last week. Ford doesn't expect the parts until sometime in 2023.
CRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 02:24 PM   #15
Rivet Master
 
mikeinca's Avatar

 
2020 25' Globetrotter
Santa Rosa , California
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
I have same year F250, albeit a KR 4x4 model, and never experienced it either. I have asked about the modification but was told, mine was not affected? They did tell me however, there is another "recall" on the electronic tailgate harness coming shortly, when I was being serviced in Idaho in August. With 142K miles, runs like a top...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRH View Post
There's a new recall for the tailgate camera. The lens coating can degrade causing visibility issues. I got my notice last week. Ford doesn't expect the parts until sometime in 2023.
Yeah, I got the same notice on the tailgate camera last week; maybe that's what the service guy in Idaho was referencing.
__________________
Mike

2020 25' Globetrotter Twin | 2017 F250 4x4 6.7 max tow Platinum
400Ah Battle Born lithium battery string | 580W solar (400W roof 180W portable)
mikeinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 02:35 PM   #16
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar
 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinca View Post
Yeah, I got the same notice on the tailgate camera last week; maybe that's what the service guy in Idaho was referencing.
Not sure; I told him my tailgate had been replaced as I had one of the first 2017 models and the TG would just open while driving, and it actually collided with my propane tanks and cover couple times, denting the upper part of the tailgate and the tanks/aluminum cover as well. Ford replaced the tailgate for free after several arguments, but not the tank issues. They work fine, just dented around handle area and also the aluminum cover has some dents. I had it happen again to the new tailgate couple times and brought it up to Idaho dealer..service guy told me there was another change out coming under warranty. I have not heard anymore.

Camera makes sense too...mine is a bit discolored also. Still, love the truck for towing!
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 02:38 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
 
AppFan's Avatar

 
Charlotte , North Carolina
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewTheDew View Post
I am resisting reading about this new truck because I have a perfectly good 2019 F250 diesel and don't need to get tempted!
100% in the same boat. Love my 2018.
__________________
'23 GT 27FB
AppFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 02:44 PM   #18
Half a Rivet Short
 
2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 14,854
Hi

There's a lot of recalls on a lot of vehicles these days.....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 03:27 PM   #19
Rivet Master
 
mikeinca's Avatar

 
2020 25' Globetrotter
Santa Rosa , California
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Not sure; I told him my tailgate had been replaced as I had one of the first 2017 models and the TG would just open while driving, and it actually collided with my propane tanks and cover couple times, denting the upper part of the tailgate and the tanks/aluminum cover as well. Ford replaced the tailgate for free after several arguments, but not the tank issues. They work fine, just dented around handle area and also the aluminum cover has some dents. I had it happen again to the new tailgate couple times and brought it up to Idaho dealer..service guy told me there was another change out coming under warranty. I have not heard anymore.

Camera makes sense too...mine is a bit discolored also. Still, love the truck for towing!
It does sound like your tailgate release problem may be a separate issue.

I agree completely regarding towing. In fact, the truck overall has been a really nice vehicle.
__________________
Mike

2020 25' Globetrotter Twin | 2017 F250 4x4 6.7 max tow Platinum
400Ah Battle Born lithium battery string | 580W solar (400W roof 180W portable)
mikeinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:07 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member
 
2014 23' Flying Cloud
Rhinebeck , New York
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 106
Wobbly Front End..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCurtis View Post
Yes wobbly. Big fingers on my phone + autocorrect isnt a good thing.

What amazed me in seeing this problem in videos over the past 2 years is I remembered the fun of experiencing this sensation in the 1970 Ford truck we had at a job. I found it amazing that people were still experiencing this after all these years.
My 2011 wobbled like crazy (in front) but the condition was fixed with a new steering damper. Is that the issue being discussed? I had mine fixed straight away. Not other problems.

Our new Ram 1500 has had several problems. 1) A critter ate a gas line sensor which could not be fixed without replacing the gas tank. Yup, a new gas tank and sensor. $$$$

Then my brakes needed replacement at 36K miles. I mean everything in the wheel breaking system . Everything. $$$$. Love the driving of this Larahmie Longhorn 5.7L truck but my repair experience has been quite n issue. Next truck will not be electric other than that we will see.
Adam Geuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 F250 Super Duty Ford NEW LOWER PRICE rbs Airstream Classifieds 0 04-12-2017 08:03 AM
New Ford 2012 Super Duty pappy19 Tow Vehicles 11 07-23-2011 09:21 PM
2011 Ford Super Duty Diesel, Don't trust the fuel calculator hhendrix Tow Vehicles 19 01-13-2011 10:18 PM
2009 Ford Super Duty Bambi_Bandit Tow Vehicles 1 05-09-2008 01:02 AM
New 2008 Ford Super Duty Pick Ups TomR Tow Vehicles 27 11-21-2006 12:06 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.