Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Eureka , California
Well, dogone! Thanks! Ok, I raise the grade to A+ then!
redwoodguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Southern , Colorado
+1 for the Milenco mirrors, distributed by J.R. Products. I searched for these mirrors for a couple years after reading a British mirror test, but couldn't get them shipped to the US. It was clear that the Milencos were head and shoulders above the competition - their aerodynamic design, super strong clips, ease of installation and lack of vibration in the wind was attractive.
I bought the larger Grand Aero from https://www.makariosrv.com/products/...-Products.html

The mirrors work great and I like the way they fold in with my mirrors so passers-by aren't bumping them out of alighment.

I received excellent response from the distributer, JR Products, who did not sell retail, and Super Sevice from Dennis at Makarios RV. Dennis actually went out and measured how far the Milencos extended from his window glass and reported back to me before I bought! Check them out for other RV products.
mikapen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2002 22' International CCD
San Luis Obispo , California
The Milenco Grand Aero mirrors look great. If I ever have to replace my trusty McKesh mirrors I'll consider the Milencos also. It's nice to have two good options.
wbrownrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
+1 for the Milenco Aero. They work great on my Tundra.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikapen
+1 for the Milenco mirrors ... I received excellent response from the distributer, JR Products, who did not sell retail, and Super Sevice from Dennis at Makarios RV. Dennis actually went out and measured how far the Milencos extended from his window glass and reported back to me before I bought ...
I went with the Grand Aero also. Before I ordered I asked about the dimensions of the glass and received a prompt reply from Makarios. I was skeptical as how well those bigger mirrors would stay put on the long arms in the wind or when closing the doors, but they do just fine. I was surprised how little mass the heads have, possibly accounting for their ability to stay put.