Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-08-2019, 10:08 AM   #101
Rivet Master
 
4RXLA's Avatar
 
1977 31' Excella 500
West Sacramento , California
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 551
Images: 33
Blog Entries: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi



Ahhhh, but do you want to buy one the first year they are out?



Not a knock, but indeed a question I've been thinking over.



Bob


No. Iím going to wait until 2021-22 to see how the new engine performs. My 2010 V10 has 85,000 miles and can give me a couple more years. The new truck will be my retirement gift and will travel the country on long trips.
4RXLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:58 PM   #102
4 Rivet Member
 
mkcurtiss's Avatar
 
1968 26' Overlander
CORDOVA , TN
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 373
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Haven't had a wear problem with my Michelins on my diesel. I got 55K on my first set in 2 years of towing the AS 22K miles...they still had good tread, but I wanted to get the sale price discount at Costco ($130) on new Michelins before my trip to MT, so I upgraded a bit early. (I am now at 65K miles on this trip with the new Michelines; 10K miles and no signs of wear; rotated twice so far.)

I still get 16-17MPG with my 6.7L and 13.2 pulling our 28...but I have no experience with the 6.2L to compare the difference in HP or torque. I did not drive the new 6.2L when I was looking few years back, going up from the F150EB to the F250 diesel...wife was sold on the King Ranch 6.7L diesel and I didn't want to argue!

Understand the $$ savings in fuel costs and maintenance over the 6.2L gas model, but not sure about longevity of that engine vs the 6.7L diesel... Would be interested in that data?



Think about it.....it really does not matter....
1) Even if that diesel motor would last for 65 million miles, the rest of the truck is not going to last beyond 300,000, and that is a push at that

2) None of us are going to strike out on a vacation, into the middle of nowhere, in a vehicle with more than 150,000 miles on it.....at least I am not, because if that thing breaks down, its my neck in a sling.

3)if that diesel breaks down in that same middle of nowhere, when your lady realizes how long it will take to find a mechanic to fix it, she will be very very unhappy and you just became responsible for destroying a vacation....not good......diesels in consumer line vehicles are just not a good idea......it just does not work out numerically, no matter how you slice it..........
__________________
1968 Overlander Land Yacht International
Ford E-350 W V-10 booom!
2018 Chevy Tahoe smooooooth
Find a way to enjoy life and have fun, every day !
mkcurtiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:06 PM   #103
Rivet Master
 
2019 28' Flying Cloud
2014 22' FB Sport
Davie , FL
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 904
I towed with a 3 liter diesel SUV for 30,000 tow miles and at that point I recovered the $3000 for the diesel option in fuel economy. I now tow with a Cummins 6.7 and my calculations show I will recover the $9000 option at around 90,000 tow miles. Aside from that a diesel is a great joy to tow with. Nothing is cooler than chugging along at highway speeds at 1000 to 1500 RPM.
out of sight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:49 PM   #104
jcl
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
Vancouver , British Columbia
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by out of sight View Post
Aside from that a diesel is a great joy to tow with. Nothing is cooler than chugging along at highway speeds at 1000 to 1500 RPM.
I think you meant that a turbocharged engine is a great joy to tow with. With that I agree.

My factory stock 3.0 gasoline inline six (twin turbo) reached peak torque at 1200 or so rpm. It was perfectly capable of cruising at highway speeds at that rpm. Good fuel economy, if a little boring. But when I wanted to, I could take it to redline (7000 rpm). Now that was cool. Can't do that with your diesel
jcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:50 AM   #105
Undereducated AS Newbie
 
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Charlotte , North Carolina
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 153
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by superChop View Post
Our 2WD has 18 inch Continental Tires, which is the size we wanted, but not the brand. The dealer could not change to Michelinís for us.
FWIW, I've used Continental tires on my limo sedan fleet for years & have no issues. They typically have superior wet traction compared to ANY other brand, however, that might not be a guarantee on the truck tires.
wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:18 AM   #106
3 Rivet Member
 
2005 25' Safari
palm beach gardens , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcurtiss View Post
Think about it.....it really does not matter....
1) Even if that diesel motor would last for 65 million miles, the rest of the truck is not going to last beyond 300,000, and that is a push at that

2) None of us are going to strike out on a vacation, into the middle of nowhere, in a vehicle with more than 150,000 miles on it.....at least I am not, because if that thing breaks down, its my neck in a sling.

3)if that diesel breaks down in that same middle of nowhere, when your lady realizes how long it will take to find a mechanic to fix it, she will be very very unhappy and you just became responsible for destroying a vacation....not good......diesels in consumer line vehicles are just not a good idea......it just does not work out numerically, no matter how you slice it..........
The 900 ft lbs of torque in my diesel will always get my vote
m rafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #107
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar

 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcurtiss View Post
Think about it.....it really does not matter....
1) Even if that diesel motor would last for 65 million miles, the rest of the truck is not going to last beyond 300,000, and that is a push at that

2) None of us are going to strike out on a vacation, into the middle of nowhere, in a vehicle with more than 150,000 miles on it.....at least I am not, because if that thing breaks down, its my neck in a sling.

3)if that diesel breaks down in that same middle of nowhere, when your lady realizes how long it will take to find a mechanic to fix it, she will be very very unhappy and you just became responsible for destroying a vacation....not good......diesels in consumer line vehicles are just not a good idea......it just does not work out numerically, no matter how you slice it..........
Not sure your realistic with your comment; 65million miles? (but, then again, perhaps you are??)

I am not concerned about this diesel "breaking down" in the middle of nowhere; nowhere in North America typically has diesel
mechanics when needed, (wifes idea to get the diesel anyway)....and I am not concerned about taking a long trip with 150K miles on this engine. To date, I have 68K miles as of last night arriving in Austin, in just over 2 years since new, with no issues. Still, I did purchase the 100K warranty at dealers pricing ($2400) as insurance, and likely will extend when I get close to 100K in couple years. Like many of us who are driving newer 3/4-1T diesel powered TV's, what I can tell you is the difference in towing at 60-65mph with a larger AS (25' or larger) is night and day where we travel...up down the Rockies, at 1500rpm...no white knuckle driving, no brake worries, no power/torque issues...no payload issues...my friend's V10 powered MH can't get past 50mph pulling his little Jeep up grades...guess in the end, we all have our concerns about something.
__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, 6.7L, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:04 PM   #108
Rivet Master
 
mefly2's Avatar
 
2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Not sure your realistic with your comment; 65million miles? (but, then again, perhaps you are??)

I am not concerned about this diesel "breaking down" in the middle of nowhere; nowhere in North America typically has diesel
mechanics when needed, (wifes idea to get the diesel anyway)....and I am not concerned about taking a long trip with 150K miles on this engine. To date, I have 68K miles as of last night arriving in Austin, in just over 2 years since new, with no issues. Still, I did purchase the 100K warranty at dealers pricing ($2400) as insurance, and likely will extend when I get close to 100K in couple years. Like many of us who are driving newer 3/4-1T diesel powered TV's, what I can tell you is the difference in towing at 60-65mph with a larger AS (25' or larger) is night and day where we travel...up down the Rockies, at 1500rpm...no white knuckle driving, no brake worries, no power/torque issues...no payload issues...my friend's V10 powered MH can't get past 50mph pulling his little Jeep up grades...guess in the end, we all have our concerns about something.
Diesel mechanic and parts in Lincoln, MT ??
__________________
2015 25' Eddie Bauer Int. / 2020 Ford Expedition 3.5 eco B
2019 Chev New Silverado 1500 6.2 V-8; equalizer hitch
AIR# 44105; formerly WBCCI 2015.1
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:49 AM   #109
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar

 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
Diesel mechanic and parts in Lincoln, MT ??
Actually, yes there are a few folks up there I know who can help out if I had a problem; everyone seems to own a diesel truck in MT!...Helena is only 45 miles away also for parts and we have great delivery service via FedEx and UPS. Also, I have AAA if needed..not to worry! Now that Kazinski is gone, the whole Lincoln area is bustling!
__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, 6.7L, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:58 AM   #110
Half a Rivet Short
 
2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 12,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
Diesel mechanic and parts in Lincoln, MT ??
Hi

I'm a couple miles down the road from there right now. I think it's a pretty good bet that you can get your diesel serviced there. Parts wise, I can't get parts for my gas F250 without waiting a bit in a lot of places (depends a lot on what part).... I have data on this ....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 02:45 PM   #111
4 Rivet Member
 
mkcurtiss's Avatar
 
1968 26' Overlander
CORDOVA , TN
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 373
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Not sure your realistic with your comment; 65million miles? (but, then again, perhaps you are??)

I am not concerned about this diesel "breaking down" in the middle of nowhere; nowhere in North America typically has diesel
mechanics when needed, (wifes idea to get the diesel anyway)....and I am not concerned about taking a long trip with 150K miles on this engine. To date, I have 68K miles as of last night arriving in Austin, in just over 2 years since new, with no issues. Still, I did purchase the 100K warranty at dealers pricing ($2400) as insurance, and likely will extend when I get close to 100K in couple years. Like many of us who are driving newer 3/4-1T diesel powered TV's, what I can tell you is the difference in towing at 60-65mph with a larger AS (25' or larger) is night and day where we travel...up down the Rockies, at 1500rpm...no white knuckle driving, no brake worries, no power/torque issues...no payload issues...my friend's V10 powered MH can't get past 50mph pulling his little Jeep up grades...guess in the end, we all have our concerns about something.
I have an e-350...I know all about towing with big vehicles and how nice it is....

And you are right, there is nothing to worry about, diesels never break, and there are mechanics at every mom and pop garage , until yours breaks, and even the dealer nearest you, does not have a mechanic, and your truck has to be towed 200 miles to a shop that has the means to fix it.......none of that matters, until it matters.......plenty of horror stories on here about it.....but its all good.....some people have good luck with them....
my brother has a Dodge with the Cummins, and its great, until it breaks down, which has happened 5 times while he was out of town......but when it is running its great !
__________________
1968 Overlander Land Yacht International
Ford E-350 W V-10 booom!
2018 Chevy Tahoe smooooooth
Find a way to enjoy life and have fun, every day !
mkcurtiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:40 AM   #112
Vintage Kin
 
Fort Worth , Texas
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,014
Images: 1
“. . can’t get past 50-mph on grade ascent”.

Someone explain why this matters. Ever.


Only the downslope matters. One MUST:

1). Maintain adequate space to accelerate at wide open throttle.

2). Using TRAILER BRAKES ONLY against that.

— How will the TT brakes do with its own weight AND a 9,000-lb accelerating pickup versus a 5,000-lb car?

— Is the suitable upgrade a yet heavier TV, or antilock travel trailer disc brakes?

Hmm, this might take awhile to figure out . . . .

Is a pickup needed in the first place? What’s the weight/size/type of gear which CANNOT go in the TV passenger compartment or TT?

Given the unlikelihood that is met:

When loaded, solo, (max fuel and passengers included) does the TV show an approximate 50/50 weight bias from front to rear?

Why not?

The claim that a pickup is “better” rides on this assertion.


Gasoline versus diesel hasn’t mattered in a dozen years for this trailer type. The price of diesel is now high enough to capture the 1/3 higher energetic content per gallon, AND overly restrictive emissions controls have made the engine un-economic as IT WILL NOT significantly outlast the gas engine choice. Any repairs at all due to mis-use will kill that approach (like, 30% or more total miles driven solo, empty).

900 LBS/FT. You guys crack me up. The truck computer DOESN'T allow that type of number unless criteria is met. What’s the quarter-mile time? Just a WHOLE lot faster than it’s 2009 predecessor, or about the same? Power you can’t use doesn’t exist.

Go buy a 19,000-lb lumbering whale 5th wheel. Then you can “justify” the choice with numbers.

That’s called, analysis. Sorely lacking in most of these threads.

You got the trailer right if road-going stability means anything. But killed it with a poor TV choice.

Let’s go back to the grade descent: To maintain hundreds of feet of open space out ahead means your speed relative to others will require what?

Now, the grade ascent similarity: in the event of disabled vehicle or an accident out ahead, panic WILL set in among all the usual idiots who will change lanes directly in front of you and even come to a stop. You WON’T have adequate stopping distance if your travel speed is significantly higher than the SLOWEST vehicle on the ascent. Why?

Of course, you’ve TESTED the handicap in braking distance you’ve given yourself by using a pickup. What is that distance at 60-mph?. As PROPER hitch rigging is a requirement (optional according to pickup owners, ha!) the combined rig SHOULD stop faster than the TV when solo. If you screwed up adequate TW distribution to the TT, this ain’t be so. And you screwed it up if the TT rides anything OTHER THAN dead level. The typical one ton type has the TT bouncing along on the front trailer axle. Means you have two, not four, trailer brakes when it counts.

A loaded pickup (50/50) will, with trailer properly-hitched will still need in excess of 350’. Call it 400’ with reaction time. Dry asphalt and no grade involved. Trailers with drum brakes can push that farther out on a difficult stop (they rapidly fade in effectiveness).

What did your tests show?

Get a clue. The immaturity is blinding. Get serious, and get help where needed. Watching Utube NEW TRUCK REPORTS ain’t it.

.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:23 AM   #113
4 Rivet Member
 
2014 27' Flying Cloud
Wenatchee , Washington
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcurtiss View Post
... if that diesel breaks down in that same middle of nowhere, when your lady realizes how long it will take to find a mechanic to fix it, she will be very very unhappy and you just became responsible for destroying a vacation....not good......diesels in consumer line vehicles are just not a good idea......it just does not work out numerically, no matter how you slice it..........

Iím not trying to start anything (or hijack this thread) but thatís not the way my lady thinks...
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 SLT CTD 4X4 pickup
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
WBCCI #7180
21Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:31 AM   #114
Rivet Master
 
1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,240
Blog Entries: 1
"2) None of us are going to strike out on a vacation, into the middle of nowhere, in a vehicle with more than 150,000 miles on it.....at least I am not, because if that thing breaks down, its my neck in a sling.

3)if that diesel breaks down in that same middle of nowhere, when your lady realizes how long it will take to find a mechanic to fix it, she will be very very unhappy and you just became responsible for destroying a vacation....not good......diesels in consumer line vehicles are just not a good idea......it just does not work out numerically, no matter how you slice it.........."

Well, I guess I am just lucky. 240000 miles so far. Spent the summer in Montana. Saw diesel pickups everywhere. I expect the wreckers are used to long runs there. Did have to have a main bearing oil seal put in while in Colorado. It did take 3 days. Rented a nice little jeep to get around in. The math has worked well for us. Plus I like driving the diesel. 15 mpg towing beats the 10 mpg I got with my F150. 18-20 not towing is not great, but it is livable. But I am too old to buy another diesel, I think. Will keep this one until it quits, lock it up on the side of the road, catch a ride to town and buy a new F150. If I thought I had 10 more years to pull then I would go with a 2500 diesel.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:38 PM   #115
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar

 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
“. . can’t get past 50-mph on grade ascent”.

Someone explain why this matters. Ever.


Only the downslope matters. One MUST:

1). Maintain adequate space to accelerate at wide open throttle.

2). Using TRAILER BRAKES ONLY against that.

— How will the TT brakes do with its own weight AND a 9,000-lb accelerating pickup versus a 5,000-lb car?

— Is the suitable upgrade a yet heavier TV, or antilock travel trailer disc brakes?

Hmm, this might take awhile to figure out . . . .

Is a pickup needed in the first place? What’s the weight/size/type of gear which CANNOT go in the TV passenger compartment or TT?

Given the unlikelihood that is met:

When loaded, solo, (max fuel and passengers included) does the TV show an approximate 50/50 weight bias from front to rear?

Why not?

The claim that a pickup is “better” rides on this assertion.


Gasoline versus diesel hasn’t mattered in a dozen years for this trailer type. The price of diesel is now high enough to capture the 1/3 higher energetic content per gallon, AND overly restrictive emissions controls have made the engine un-economic as IT WILL NOT significantly outlast the gas engine choice. Any repairs at all due to mis-use will kill that approach (like, 30% or more total miles driven solo, empty).

900 LBS/FT. You guys crack me up. The truck computer DOESN'T allow that type of number unless criteria is met. What’s the quarter-mile time? Just a WHOLE lot faster than it’s 2009 predecessor, or about the same? Power you can’t use doesn’t exist.

Go buy a 19,000-lb lumbering whale 5th wheel. Then you can “justify” the choice with numbers.

That’s called, analysis. Sorely lacking in most of these threads.

You got the trailer right if road-going stability means anything. But killed it with a poor TV choice.

Let’s go back to the grade descent: To maintain hundreds of feet of open space out ahead means your speed relative to others will require what?

Now, the grade ascent similarity: in the event of disabled vehicle or an accident out ahead, panic WILL set in among all the usual idiots who will change lanes directly in front of you and even come to a stop. You WON’T have adequate stopping distance if your travel speed is significantly higher than the SLOWEST vehicle on the ascent. Why?

Of course, you’ve TESTED the handicap in braking distance you’ve given yourself by using a pickup. What is that distance at 60-mph?. As PROPER hitch rigging is a requirement (optional according to pickup owners, ha!) the combined rig SHOULD stop faster than the TV when solo. If you screwed up adequate TW distribution to the TT, this ain’t be so. And you screwed it up if the TT rides anything OTHER THAN dead level. The typical one ton type has the TT bouncing along on the front trailer axle. Means you have two, not four, trailer brakes when it counts.

A loaded pickup (50/50) will, with trailer properly-hitched will still need in excess of 350’. Call it 400’ with reaction time. Dry asphalt and no grade involved. Trailers with drum brakes can push that farther out on a difficult stop (they rapidly fade in effectiveness).

What did your tests show?

Get a clue. The immaturity is blinding. Get serious, and get help where needed. Watching Utube NEW TRUCK REPORTS ain’t it.

.
You never cease to put a smile on our faces, Slowmover...not sure what your smoking or drinking, but it sure does bring out the very best in your comments and your experienced support about pulling an AS! Guess we are blessed to have such an expert helping us try to understand the challenges of life when pulling our AS's...
__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, 6.7L, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:44 PM   #116
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar

 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcurtiss View Post
I have an e-350...I know all about towing with big vehicles and how nice it is....

And you are right, there is nothing to worry about, diesels never break, and there are mechanics at every mom and pop garage , until yours breaks, and even the dealer nearest you, does not have a mechanic, and your truck has to be towed 200 miles to a shop that has the means to fix it.......none of that matters, until it matters.......plenty of horror stories on here about it.....but its all good.....some people have good luck with them....
my brother has a Dodge with the Cummins, and its great, until it breaks down, which has happened 5 times while he was out of town......but when it is running its great !
I had an E350 also...(MBZ)...loved it! Only had it towed once after an accident I was involved with...I was in town, but it still took several hours to get hooked up and towed...not fun situation no matter what your driving...but it can/does happen I admit. Still, I am not concerned; why should you be? There are many stories in the Naked city....we are all playing the odds when on the road..no matter where we are, right?
__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, 6.7L, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 02:03 PM   #117
PlasticThingsHaveNoSoul
 
2021 33FB Classic
No City , On the Road in the USA
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 50
I much prefer sitting up in the bleachers and watching what's going on in the mud pits, but as we sold our 25' Serenity and ordered a new 27' Globetrotter, this thread and the one on what's necessary to tow a 27' AS are of interest to me now. Our 2017 Expedition with HD trailering is not goiing to cut it for payload, even though it was fine on our 25'.

First, I personally don't want a diesel for a number of reasons. Both GM and Ford have announced new gas engines for the HD pickups. I have been researching and have looked at a 2020 GMC Denaili with the 6.6l gas engine (BIG truck compared to the 2019 model). I have settled on a new 2020 F250 Super Duty with the new 7.3L gas engine and 10 speed automatic. 430HP @ 5,500 RPM and 475 lb-ft of torque at 4,000 RPM. I think it is going to do just fine with the 27' no matter where I want to go with it. I think it will even do a reasonable job going downhill with engine braking.

TFLTRUCK website has good information on both the GM and Ford engines.

Regards,
Ron
rhensley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:11 PM   #118
4 Rivet Member
 
mkcurtiss's Avatar
 
1968 26' Overlander
CORDOVA , TN
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 373
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Airstream View Post
Iím not trying to start anything (or hijack this thread) but thatís not the way my lady thinks...
Mine either, but I have a super cool super hot lady who rolls with it...most guys do not....[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2866.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	352457  
__________________
1968 Overlander Land Yacht International
Ford E-350 W V-10 booom!
2018 Chevy Tahoe smooooooth
Find a way to enjoy life and have fun, every day !
mkcurtiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:05 PM   #119
CRH
Rivet Master
 
1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,013
I spent all day out in one of my trucks that has 220k on it. Bought it new. Would drive it anywhere, anytime.
CRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:20 AM   #120
Rivet Master
 
mefly2's Avatar
 
2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

I'm a couple miles down the road from there right now. I think it's a pretty good bet that you can get your diesel serviced there. Parts wise, I can't get parts for my gas F250 without waiting a bit in a lot of places (depends a lot on what part).... I have data on this ....

Bob
Even in Missoula there is often a wait for correct diesel parts ...even at a dealer!
Don't ask how I know ... but we have returned to gas for now.
As a native here in MT for 70+ years - my comment is that not everyone owns a diesel truck in Montana ... mostly young men of HS age, those who want to drive a big 3/4 or 1 T truck, are farmers, or posers! Few drive down the road in a diesel pick up out of need or capacity.

60 mph is 88 feet per second... to factor in to the above discussion.
__________________
2015 25' Eddie Bauer Int. / 2020 Ford Expedition 3.5 eco B
2019 Chev New Silverado 1500 6.2 V-8; equalizer hitch
AIR# 44105; formerly WBCCI 2015.1
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 27 foot AirStream Classic - 1/2 ton vs 3/4 ton Truck Question westie 978 2011 - 2015 Classic (all lengths) 82 07-14-2018 08:43 AM
Hitch system for 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck (GMC) Crazycanucks Tow Vehicles 31 04-02-2017 06:13 AM
1/2 ton vs 3/4 ton towing? subfan1 Tow Vehicles 7 12-13-2007 03:10 PM
Big 3 1/2 Ton vs 3/4 Ton Trucks Streamer1 Tow Vehicles 40 11-20-2007 10:13 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.