Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-23-2021, 06:33 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Fort Lauderdale , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to Vitaver
This could be the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHTP View Post
Here is a photo of mine on the propane tank cover. It works well for me. Used to have it on the frame, but it seemed to be really flaky about finding it and loosing it during turns, as others have said.
Thank you for sharing that pic, as that works for you it should work for those of us that the horizontal position of the sticker on the A frame is so frustrating.

The new F150 2021 has an additional gyroscope box that goes on the A frame, in addition to the sticker and is supposed to work really good. I will not know from personal experience because (with a heavy heart by lighter weight on my mind) I switched my order to an F250 2022. The good news for me is that this truck also has backup assist pro with the small wheel to maneuver, like the 150 has for a few years now. Not sure if it has also the gyroscope, but better than no backup assist at all, especially knowing that the sticker placed vertically on the bottom of the propane tank cover, works per the pic posted earlier in the conversation.

On another subject, my understanding of the short video clip I posted above is about the effects of placing weight aft or forward on the trailer, being quite dramatic.
Vitaver is offline   Reply With Quote