Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-01-2020, 05:19 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Lake Charles , SW Louisiana
Baseline Weight - 2019 Ford F250 CCSB FX4

Does anyone here have record of what their Cat Scale baseline weight readings are for both front and rear axles are on a 2019 Ford F-250 CCSB FX4 pickup?

Those being the axle weights with no bed cargo, no significant interior cargo, basically just the truck alone?

I'm on the road, alone and working on fine tuning, i.e. dialing in my ProPride 3P WD hitch with my 2019 F250 CCSB FX4 between various fuel and other stops and have a full bed of gear as well as a tonneau cover and a rack system above it in/on the truck. I am pulling my 2018 Classic M30 RQB.

Weighing the truck only, the Cat Scale weights are showing to be 5,000 lbs. on the Steer Axle 3920 lbs on the Drive axle, with a Gross Weight of 8,920 lbs. These are for the truck only with the stated bed/rack cargo, full fuel & Def and trailer disconnected (no tongue weight).

The tangible solution would be for me to simply unload all the gear & contents of the bed and cargo on the rack, and that may be what I end up doing but hopefully someone has these measurements if nothing more than additional data points for me.

Call me paranoid, but I don't want to unload all my gear in a huge truck stop parking lot (i.e. Pilot J, Loves) and run back and forth across the scales only to have to load it all back up (not to mention the fact that my gear includes some attractive items, i.e. dual Honda EU2000is gensets, Tec Grille, Tools, Yeti Ice chest and many other desireale items which could attract the less than desirable outcome, i.e. a pawn shop close by!).
Old 12-01-2020, 02:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Base weight

Look at the stickers in the drivers door jamb. Take the GVW rating for your truck and subtract the payload/cargo weight indicated on the yellow sticker. The difference will get you fairly close to the empty or base weight of your truck.

Example....my 2013 Ford E150 XLT van has a GVW of 8600 LBS. The payload/cargo weight per the yellow door sticker is 2530 LBS. That means the empty/base weight is right around 6070 LBS. I have weighed it at the Cat Scale and found that 6070 LB figure to be just about right.

This will get you in the ballpark so you can do your calculations. Have at it!!
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote