Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2019, 03:11 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Miami , Florida
Sorry to hear about your troubles with your Nissan Titan XD diesel. As pointed out by several posters you definitely sound like you have a lemon law issue. Run don't walk to your nearest lemon law attorney in your state. All states have similar lemon laws and there are time limits involved. Wait too long and you lose the right to file a claim. I don't understand the reluctance of some people to seek legal advice or utilize the court system. That's what these lawyers do - consumer protection attorneys who specialize in lemon law claims. If you speak with one you will probably learn that your attorneys fees will be paid by the manufacturer. At least find one where you can get a free consultation. Most attorneys will do that. It's worth a phone call. If you are having trouble finding a lemon law attorney call your local or state bar association. Many states have referral systems in place. Also suggest you watch Steve Lehto YouTube videos. He's an attorney in Michigan who specializes in lemon law. Very informative. Good luck.
pianolaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:57 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2017 30' Flying Cloud
George Town , Grand Cayman
We're still very happy with our 2016 XD Pro-4X Diesel, now hitting 80,000 miles, about half of that towing our 2017 30 FC FB Bunk. As with any new model, we have had some gremlins. Tow mode now works really well and the inconsistent climate control (left to right) has been solved.

As others have said, dealers can be hit or miss. SWFL dealers aren't great. Central and North Texas dealers are decent but slow and expensive - nickel and diming even over rags! We've had really great service in Roswell, NM, and Murfreesboro, TN and Minneapolis, MN. We've had other services done in Las Vegas, NV, and Portland, OR, and Albuquerque, NM, and Fairbanks, AK, and Anchorage, AK. I'd have to check my notes but they were all middle of the pack so nothing stands out in any way. With moving around the country so much we have to really keep on top of the dealers to ensure they're using the right fluids such as synthetic differential oil. Even though they're supposed to, some dealers will use mineral oil instead. We now explicitly confirm if the dealer has diesel techs and also how long they (dealer and tech) have been certified for the XD diesel.

On a funny note, before we found the Murfreesboro, TN dealer, we searched around Nashville. Their first didn't service diesel. The second's lift couldn't accommodate our height (mid-height ARE cap) and the third couldn't handle our weight. Then the little bear said that the fourth one was just right...
seanslatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:44 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International
Livermore , California
Compliance with lemon law isn't optional or up to the discretion of manufactures or dealers. My experience with lemon law (2004 Audi) is that they don't want to let it go that far anyway - in California at least, if a car has been lemoned, they have to disclose that in resale and it value drops significantly. If they just offer you a replacement without any formal lemon law proceedings, then the car isn't "officially" a lemon and they lose less.

Regarding the XD Diesel, unfortunately there are a lot of reported problems although I also talk to a lot of satisfied owners. When I was shopping for an Airstream, I was looking to drop my 10-year-old and flawless XTerra for a Titan, the service manager at the local Nissan dealer looked like he'd seen a ghost and told me to avoid the diesel. Funny the sales people had never heard of any problems but maybe if you go the lemon route and decide to stay with Nissan, consider the XD gas. You lose maximum torque and engine braking but gain significant payload. The XD Diesel payload isn't much different than the standard Titan, because the additional payload is mostly for carrying around the heavier diesel engine.
MotoMannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:51 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
2012 28' International
Mount Juliet , Tennessee
Good to Hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanslatt View Post
We're still very happy with our 2016 XD Pro-4X Diesel, now hitting 80,000 miles, about half of that towing our 2017 30 FC FB Bunk. As with any new model, we have had some gremlins. Tow mode now works really well and the inconsistent climate control (left to right) has been solved.

As others have said, dealers can be hit or miss. SWFL dealers aren't great. Central and North Texas dealers are decent but slow and expensive - nickel and diming even over rags! We've had really great service in Roswell, NM, and Murfreesboro, TN and Minneapolis, MN. We've had other services done in Las Vegas, NV, and Portland, OR, and Albuquerque, NM, and Fairbanks, AK, and Anchorage, AK. I'd have to check my notes but they were all middle of the pack so nothing stands out in any way. With moving around the country so much we have to really keep on top of the dealers to ensure they're using the right fluids such as synthetic differential oil. Even though they're supposed to, some dealers will use mineral oil instead. We now explicitly confirm if the dealer has diesel techs and also how long they (dealer and tech) have been certified for the XD diesel.

On a funny note, before we found the Murfreesboro, TN dealer, we searched around Nashville. Their first didn't service diesel. The second's lift couldn't accommodate our height (mid-height ARE cap) and the third couldn't handle our weight. Then the little bear said that the fourth one was just right...
Hey Sean, Met you & family in Rainbow Springs, Fla last winter. Hope everyone is well. Good to hear on your truck, I've become a little worried with some of the bad reviews but mine has been flawless. I get lots of inquiries every place we visit. I just hope Nissan moves forward making the necessary improvements as the model evolves.

We live in Middles TN and did hear Nissan did not get an exclusive on the motor and tranny combo and that Toyota may start offering their trucks with it. That will set the Ford & Chevy lovers on fire!
Hope to see you down the road as that yellow truck can not be missed!
Say Hi to the girls!

Chuck Eastman
Titansection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:47 AM   #25
1 Rivet Member

2017 30' Flying Cloud
George Town , Grand Cayman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansection View Post
Hey Sean, Met you & family in Rainbow Springs, Fla last winter. Hope everyone is well. Good to hear on your truck, I've become a little worried with some of the bad reviews but mine has been flawless. I get lots of inquiries every place we visit. I just hope Nissan moves forward making the necessary improvements as the model evolves.

We live in Middles TN and did hear Nissan did not get an exclusive on the motor and tranny combo and that Toyota may start offering their trucks with it. That will set the Ford & Chevy lovers on fire!
Hope to see you down the road as that yellow truck can not be missed!
Say Hi to the girls!

Chuck Eastman
Hi Chuck I remember meeting you! Glad to hear you're doing well.

I suppose that if I had to choose three things to change in the truck, they would be:
  1. Beef up the necessary bits to increase cargo capacity when you have the diesel.
  2. Provide full rear-seat climate controls.
  3. Include a couple of years og GPS updates and allow downloading the files as opposed to nickle and diming over yearly SD card purchases.
seanslatt is offline   Reply With Quote