Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2015, 10:35 AM   #61
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy19 View Post
Let me start off by saying that I am a Ford man through and through. I think they make the best trucks in America as is proven by their popularity with commercial businesses including most construction companies. I have owned 3 Powerstroke Ford Trucks that were all 7.3's of some version. Once the 6.0 started having problems, my next and current truck is a2008 V-10, which has 170,000 trouble free miles. A lot has been said of the 6.0 and the newer 6.4 and 6.7, both pro and con. This video will give you some insight on the newer Powerstroke engines. That being said, ALL of the negatives associated with the Powerstroke will also pertain to both the Chevy and Dodge diesel engines since they all are required to have the latest EPA required emissions. I predict that the newer gas engines will last as long if not longer than the new diesel engines. Check it out.

And this one.