Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
Santa Ana , California
A little birdy told me...

Although I was told to keep it quiet until it was officially announced I was compelled to come here and share it as I don't think anyone here will "turn me in"

I will be going this afternoon to my local GMC dealer and ordering a Yukon XL (chevy suburbans expensive brother) with a Duramax Diesel and Allison Tranny.

OHHH YES. This is such an exciting day for me. My wife won't let me get a pick-up and that hurts because I love diesels and she loves suburbans. (we are planning on 4 kids and she's a long term planner)

Delivery will be later this year but I will most certainly post photos if anyone wants to see them.
"Life is like a box of chocolates..." Forrest Gump
Killo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:59 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Good job Allen. I love my '06 LBZ Duramax-Allison so far and I'm sure you will too. That extra horsepower does seem to exact a price at the pump though. Long range travels and mountains matter to me, so I'm happy. Mountains are excuse enough for you since you are so much closer -- now I'm the jealous one.

Turn you in? Nah...

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:52 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Wilmington , Illinois
Congrats!

That's about all I can say - never been much into cars and such. But the men seem to like 'em. So I'm excited that you're excited. But what got me to comment on this thread (as someone whose idea of a nice vehicle only requires one thing - that it runs....oh, and air conditioning is a bonus) is this:

FOUR KIDS?........Yowza.
hotLAVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:47 PM   #4
Frank S

1973 27' Overlander
peoria , Illinois
Hi Killo1--It is my understanding that for 2007 GM is not offering a diesel in the Suburban or Yukon XL. You might want to check this out.

Was the delivery you are anticipating later this year the Yukon XL, or the 4 kids?--Frank S
Frank S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:55 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
Santa Ana , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank S
Hi Killo1--It is my understanding that for 2007 GM is not offering a diesel in the Suburban or Yukon XL. You might want to check this out.

Was the delivery you are anticipating later this year the Yukon XL, or the 4 kids?--Frank S
That was my understanding too until the manager explained to me that he was told that although GM's official stance is just the 6.0l for the 3/4 ton right now, they are actually planning on putting the diesel in the 07. He said there will be very little warning of the official release as GMC doesn't want people to "wait" for the better one, they would much rather see them purchase right away.
"Life is like a box of chocolates..." Forrest Gump
Killo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:35 PM   #6
2005 28 ft. SAFARI

2005 28' Safari
Brooklyn , New York
Hi Alan

Do you have an update on this most welcome news? Our Tahoe will serve until the summer of 2007 when the lease term ends. That Diesel would be hard to pass up.

Sharon & Winston
Silvercamper is offline   Reply With Quote