Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2016, 11:15 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited
1985 25' Sovereign
LaGrange Highlands , Illinois
Info for all

To all forum members Please read.

I would like to post a persons name that tried to scam me. As some of U may have seen there was a Magnum energy inverter for sale. The is me. This guy name is Mike Mccormack that contacted me he wanted to buy it from me. He said he would send me a bank check and after it cleared I could send him the inverter. I to him no problem.

Here R his last response to me.

I have a good news for you regarding the payment. I had just read from my debtor that the payment has been issued out to you and that you will be receiving it any moment from now. But there is a big problem because she was informing me that she sent out the whole amount she was owing me instead of her to just send you the amount for the items I am purchasing from you, I was so mad at her when I heard this because I don't know if my money will be safe with you when you got it. I wanted her to send the remaining of the funds to my art work seller for the art works I needed. just don't know what to do. because I am totally confused, Please, May I know if my money will be safe with you when you get the payment and will I be able to get the remaining of my money after you might have deducted your amount for the items?. Because I need you to have the remaining money sent through western union or money gram to my Art work dealer as soon as you receive the payment.

This came after a week went by and I asked where is a check

Then this is the next response from him.

Oh no i am truly sorry,i was hospitalized for some days and i just came back from the hospital. You will receive your check very soon. Once again i am truly sorry for the delaying of this transaction ok. Just please bear with me ok

Last response from him.

The reason is that the company are waiting for my go ahead before they can send the check,but to my illness,that is why they haven't send it to you. But i promise you will get your check real soon ok

So all I can say is if this guy wants to buy from U do not deal with him he is a not an honest person to deal with and is a lire, an might scam U if he can.
Jim

My add will be put back in the forum.
rmatkovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:19 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
Where do you find these people? Like my call from the IRS, they wanted my monies.......
tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:15 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1999 34' Excella
Cinnaminson , New Jersey
I have a 2003 F350 SRW CC SB, 2WD. 7.3PSD. 55,000 miles on it. Bone stock except a 2" leveling kit.

I like the truck. Its just an XLT so cloth interior, power windows, locks and mirrors and that's it. I have a 99 34' and it pulls great. I wont say its like not having a trailer. When you tow you know you got a trailer on. But I have no troubles on the highway. 3.73 gears and stock 265/70/16 tires I cruise 65-70 and try to keep it right around 2000 rpm. Has planet of power to stay in OD even on the hills. Catch a big 4-5%+ grade and year I'm down shifting to 3rd turning 2500 with 14 lbs of boost. it still gets it no problem.

its rated at 9900 lbs and combined is 20,000. tow capacity is rated at 12,500 but not really possible with the weight of the truck. I have a cap and large drawer system in the bed. empty weight of the truck is around 8200/8300 or so. With trailer in full camping mode its 9000-9400 or so never actually weighed it.

Im in the NE so hills and mountains are pretty common. I get 12-13 towing and I can get 18 unloaded is I keep it at 65. I don't like to town 55-60. RPM's are too low I have no boost available and it wont pull a hill as well at 1500 rpm. Needs to be 1900-2000 and its got the boost available to make the power.

Its lacking in the HP market. newer trucks have the advantage of more HP and TQ along with more transmission gears. A new F250 is rated at 10,000 and my F350 is less. Difference that those 15+ years makes I constantly find my self looking at newer trucks. Id love one. But I honestly have no need. My 03 just does what I need and has nothing wrong with it.

Ive had a few issues. They eat glow plug relays if they have low battery voltage in the winter. I hardly drive mine so I keep a battery tender on it now and it starts right up. Ive had to redo all the brakes... rotors and pads all needed to be replaced they had so much rust they were grinding when I hit the brakes... engine I replaced hoses and belts just cause of age. Figured I would do a thermostat and new coolant as well and broke off the bols in the pump. so new water pump, fan clutch and alternator as well... when I got it wouldn't start in cold. Put new batteries and a starter along with the old glow plug relay and started right up.

I have a 2015 F450 6.7 for work truck. Its got gobs of power and I love the almost instant boost. But having to deal with the DEF and regen issues cause of extended idles are a real pain.

IMO if I were to buy a new diesel it would be a new one and I would trade it in the day the warranty is up.
excellaf350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:18 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1958 18' "Footer"
Idyllwild , California
really .... you have to ask??
1958 California Built 18' #18-4092
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f106...on-122678.html
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote