Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Winter Living
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #1

1998 34' Excella 1000
Ann Arbor , Michigan
Winter living

We have a 34 ' Excella and have been living in it in MI at Harbortown Resort in Monroe MI they have winter hook ups. I started with the blue heated water hose. Then hard sewer pipe. I put silver back styrofoam all the way around the bottom n taped it to the the trailer on bottom i built a small 1x2 frame to be able to screw to. I went to tractor supply n bought 2 100 lb propane tanks n plummed them into the sytem. I tool same silver back n put inside window between screen n glass on every window but one. Then i used a roll off silvr bubble wrap type insolation n put on inside of windows. Also put a piece in roof vents n taped. We keep heat pump at 72 f when out side temp gets to low the furnace alternates on n off with heat pump my power bill with camp ground has been $115. But most of my nieghbors wer $250 n $350 n up. Our water line has froze 3 times we has water in tank n just used pump untill it decided to come back on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3402.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	279402  
Silvertube34 is offline   Reply With Quote