Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2015, 06:40 PM   #21

1960 22' Safari
lovington , Illinois
We lived in Hudson Florida just off of highway 19 ...I hated that highway...lol. we were there 5 years and all we wanted to do was come back home......then we spent a winter there also 9 years ago.........still didn't like it...lol. Not our cup of tea I guess. We lived in New Braunfels Tx. 34 years ago for a few years....my son was born there...it was ok but the area to me was expensive to live in back then.We have family there now....they went to visit us and never left.....lol. He isn't all that thrilled with the Texas idea but not as bad as Florida. I read a little bit ago about the weather in Alabama and Mississippi ......ever hear of Dixie Alley?......F5 tornados and Alabama even has TWO tornado seasons.......ok, second thoughts on these places.. lol
DeborahnJes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:12 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Debora, when speaking of tornados in Mississippi you are generally speaking of the northern part of the state. Tornados are rare on the coast.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:24 PM   #23

1960 22' Safari
lovington , Illinois
If we weren't wanting buy a small lot this might be easier. Moving around each winter could prove to be expensive though.
DeborahnJes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:38 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
San Diego area.... perfect weather nearly 365 days a year.
Climate San Diego - California and Weather averages San Diego
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:53 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Monticello , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by B00merang View Post
DnJ
I know you said no to Florida...and I agree to anything south of Daytona/Crystal River. But if you never gave the Big Bend area or north-central Florida a chance you may want to reconsider. Its mostly agricultural, especially the latter, and the Suwanee River/Cedar Key/St. Marks/St. Joe/St. George and Dog Islands are great destinations and not at all like the Florida that (rightfully) turned you off. Safe travels. jon
I live on the Big Bend near Ga state line and love it. Small towns friendly people 23 miles from Tallahassee and all the goings on there. Totally agree with B00merang
07007 is offline   Reply With Quote