Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2006, 03:42 PM   #1
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
Thumbs up Full Timing Winter Living

Hi from Montana, I live in a 1977 31' rear bath Airstream Land Yacht that I bought from a lady in Duluth MN In April of 05, and pulled it to Kalispell MT in June of 05. I do missions work for a christian group known as YWAM ( Youth With a Mission) here in Kalispell & on the Flathead Indian Reservation. I live at a RV Park in Kalispell MT, I have trailers on both sides of my site one is a new 06 Coachman and the other is a 04 Jayco that have had there tanks and traps frozen up, the Coachman also had a main water line break inside. We had a very cold streach here for awhile the coldest was -20, I have had no troubles with my Aistream at all. Befor I bought My Airstream I did many HRS of research on what to buy. I chose to buy Airstream because of there qaulity in workmanship and there resell value far excedes any other travel trailer on the market. I am very Proud of my vintage Airstream it was very well taken care of, and also have had many comments on how nice it looks for its age. Have safe trips and happy roads to you all this summer and if you are planing a trip to Montana and you get up to Kalispell look me up I am staying at Rocky Mountain Hi RV Park its a nice park to stay at. Keep polishing those vintage Airstreams and GOD BLESS...
- Give karma
Old 01-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #2
_

. , .
hi davidh and welcome to the forums...

it's great that you are enjoying life in the airstream and are so enthusiastic about your winter living.....

you've pretty much posted the same paragraph in every winter living thread now, and the same followup post.....which is interesting in itself. i've not seen anyone else do that.

maybe you could include something different or new in each post?

perhaps explain how you keep the gray line open and flowing at sub zero....that defines my understanding since even running water can freeze.

another post might explain how one 30lb lp gas tank last 5 days......that's impressive too.....and no interior trailer moisture? you must be one dry fellow.....

then maybe a post with some pictures of your trailer and the foam skirting...i'd love to see what you've done.

i love the flathead lake area....tell us more about the reservation or post some winter pictures....

just a few ideas......

cheers
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
2air, Look to the right of his avitar pic. There is a 100lb. Tank next to the tree.

Chris
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:07 PM   #4
_

. , .
hi chris

i thought that was a still!

here is his note from another thread......

"I have two 30lb propane tanks that hold 7 to 8 gallons of propane in each tank, one tank will last up to five days with the use of a small electric heater in the living room otherwise without the electric heater four days useing just propane. That also includes my hot water heater and cooking on stove daily."

cheers
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 05:31 PM   #5
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
The avitar pic was taken when trailer was in Minnesota. As for grey line and moisture just been lucky I guess. What more can I say just trying to help those in need out, is'nt that what this site is for or is to just slam on people when others do not agree? One more thing when the temp is in + single & - digits it's about a day and a half to a 30lb tank. I also love Harley's have owned several but there is a saying among bikers that only a small % can use,( Are you true biker or just a fair wheather biker) take it for what it is worth..