Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Winter Living
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-28-2020, 06:17 AM   #21

1999 19' Bambi
Fountain Hills , Arizona
New Bambi Owner

Hello!
Congratulations on your new home away from home!

I just am updating a 1999 Bambi 19' So much fun! Found her on the Blue Moon, thus her name: BLUMUN

As far as first trip, which I have not made yet: I contacted an RVTT Repair Service near me. (since I do not have a dealer or warranty to cover anything) They came over, we made a list of a few details needing fixing, parts are ordered. Final repairs shortly. Already finished reupholstering, new flooring, stabilizer system, rear view towing mirrors.

I plan on first overnight in the driveway. Second: camping will be at a lovely local TT RV Park, either McDowell Mountain Park or Eagles Nest RV Park with full hookups. Both are near Fountain Hills, AZ my home. The RN service tech has agreed to assist with my first hook ups, trailering etc. This is invaluable to me!

Then I will be ready for first trip away from home. Off to see grandkids in Tehachapi, CA.

Happy Trails!
Rosemary
BluMun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:42 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2023 27' Globetrotter
Winder , Georgia
Not sure about an extended Summer trip just yet but would certainly be in for some Top of Ga or other local gatherings. Also Georgia has amazing state parks!
Bcc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 02:16 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Rochester , WASHINGTON
More important than your camping experience, what is your trailer towing experience?
B. Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 04:02 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I salute your spirit of adventure!

This forum is great for knowledge, but also makes everything daunting.
Just go.
It's still the US, they have stores where you're going.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:40 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Rochester , WASHINGTON
Old ex Semi driver.For people brand new to pulling trailers, stay as much as possible in far right lane.There are many reasons for that.For example, when in far right lane and coming up to heavy merging on ramp traffic, move to center lane about a mile before merging traffic.When past ramp, move back to far right lane.
I also see people saying stay under 65 mph.You should be at no faster than 50-55 for months, until you learn to control that load behind you.Look far ahead, and anticipate bad situations in advance.Thats why staying in far right lane keeps you out of a lot of bad situations.
If you must make sudden stops, DO NOT SWERVE AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.
Keep that rig straight behind you.
Also, and almost nobody tells you this, especially with the little Bambi type single axle trailers, load interior weight IN FRONT OF AXLE,NOT TO REAR OF AXLE.
Loading to rear of axle causes dangerous sway conditions.Single axle trailers are inherently dangerous, in spite of what "Experts" on these type forums say.Also, always check your tire pressure and inspect tires, pre trip and during trip, and post trip.Inflate tires always to cold pressure recommended.Low tire pressure us leading cause of blow outs.
Keep your speed down if pulling any single axle trailer.
Keep the round side down, driver....
B. Cole is offline   Reply With Quote