Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Winter Living
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #1

Brampton , Ontario
Courtesy Parking Vegas Area

Hi Friends;

We are new to the "airstream life" having retired in June and moving out of our house this Friday (Nov 12th) We are looking forward to our winter travels where the temperature stays above freezing. Our plan is to leave Ontario, Nov. 22 and head to Texas and stay near Houston for a while with plans to attend the Rose Parade rally in Pasadena, Jan 1st Since we can only be out of province for 62 days to maintain our health coverage we thought we might park our truck and trailer for two weeks, fly home, see family and friends, then fly back and resume our travels. The cheapest flights back to Toronto seem to be out of Vagas. Any suggestions where we might find storage for truck and trailer? Departure date would be around Jan. 19th
Thanks for any suggestions.
Art
Canadiancid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:03 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Click on "Member Search" in the left column of Quick Links...when you get there you can search for Forums members who offer courtesy parking in specific locations...just complete the form checking "courtesy parking" and the town, and do the search...you'll get a list of those members in that area who offer courtesy parking...then contact them personally to see if you can arrange something... Good Luck! See next post... And welcome aboard!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
See Below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	198
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	114803   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	242
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	114804  

AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 11-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Milton , Ontario
Stay outside Canada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiancid View Post
Hi Friends;

We are new to the "airstream life" having retired in June and moving out of our house this Friday (Nov 12th) We are looking forward to our winter travels where the temperature stays above freezing. Our plan is to leave Ontario, Nov. 22 and head to Texas and stay near Houston for a while with plans to attend the Rose Parade rally in Pasadena, Jan 1st Since we can only be out of province for 62 days to maintain our health coverage we thought we might park our truck and trailer for two weeks, fly home, see family and friends, then fly back and resume our travels. The cheapest flights back to Toronto seem to be out of Vagas. Any suggestions where we might find storage for truck and trailer? Departure date would be around Jan. 19th
Thanks for any suggestions.
Art

Hi Art,

I would check again on the out of province stay, as I know it is longer than 62 days...more like 6 months (180 days, give or take)!

Please check with OHIP, as this would eliminate rushing home from your vacation part way through.

Regards,
Chris
newsgauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1956 22' Safari
Lakewood, WA in the summer and Boulder City, NV in the winter , WA / NV
Send a message via AIM to Rick56Safari
Art, we can't offer courtesy parking here in Boulder City but we do reside in a very nice 5* RV park where you might find some inexpensive storage for your RV and truck. Many owners here rent out their RV parking places throughout the yr. We do have an RV Lot rental office on site, but dealing with owners directly might get you a better deal. I can provide a list of names and numbers if you are interested. This RV park is clean, friendly and quite safe. We keep our 1956 Air Stream here!
Please respond back, if interested, to Rick98498@aol.com ( Rick56Safari)
Old 11-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #6

Brampton , Ontario
Thanks everyone for all the helpful suggestions. TB, .....I tried the member search but didn't find anyone in Vegas. Chris, ....yes I know OHIP covers us for 6 months but our extended health coverage is only good for 62 days outside of Ontario and then we have to pay for the extra coverage. It is cheaper for us to fly home, see family and friends then fly back to the trailer. This is our first "winter retirement" experience so all is new to us.
Still hoping to find secure storage in or near Vegas.
Thanks again everyone. It's great to be part of such a caring community.
Art
Old 11-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiancid View Post
Thanks everyone for all the helpful suggestions. TB, I tried the member search but didn't find anyone in Vegas. .....<snip>......
You might try expanding your search area...like just "Nevada" or town that are just over the border... I found 6 in Nevada, for instance...

Good Luck!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 11-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #8

Brampton , Ontario
Thanks TB, I'll do that. Callie.... I tried to send a reply but it came back undelivered???
I'm presently sending e-mails back and forth with Rick who is about 22 miles from the Vegas airport. We are trying to work together to find a suitable storage area. I'll keep you posted. This is such a helpful group. Thanks everyone.
Art