Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2021, 12:30 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Vinyl Floor Stain Identification

I have noticed a discoloration of the flooring in the bedroom of my 2019 FC 26 (RB) which is located near the corner in front of the dresser/TV (which is itself mounted to the wall which has the toilet on the other side. I am not sure where this stain came from, but I can't seem to remove it. Has anybody else experienced anything similar and can you suggest what it might be or how to remove it?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4129.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	309.5 KB
ID:	391697   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4130.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	391698  

jgbagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 01:44 PM   #2
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
The picture suggests the stain might be mold/mildew. Here is a clean-up regiment -

1) Take a bowl or container and then add one portion of dishwashing soap and ten portions of freshwater.
2) Mix the ingredients then apply the solution in the stained spots.
3) Rub the stains using a clean sponge. Target the affected areas including a few inches around and scrub gently to lift-off the stain.
4) Let the space dry thoroughly. After that, add one spoon of ammonia and mix it with one quart of the lukewarm water. Alternately, you can use undiluted white vinegar.
5) Apply a few drops of the ammonia solution on the stains only and leave in place for a while. You should wait at least 10 minutes. For vinegar, three minutes.
6) Use a soft-bristled brush to scrub the spots gently while waiting.
7) Rinse the area with natural water thoroughly.
8) Repeat if necessary.

Hopefully this removes the stains. Now investigate where the moisture started and seal the leak! The moisture may be under the vinyl floor edging near the wall.

Sir Tristan
Air #48582, S/SO #003, WBCCI #4584
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 01:57 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2019 19' Flying Cloud
2006 16' International CCD
Front Range , CO
I have the same flooring in my 19FC.

I've been disappointed in this flooring. Pretty sure it's made by Tarkett (Comfort Style Linen Beige). Seems to tear easily and once it gets dirty it is very difficult to get clean again... Nothing really seems to work for me.

Tarkett tip sheet:

https://home.tarkett.com/en_EU/node/...l-flooring-796
trailerpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:03 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Looks like moisture may have gotten in under the flooring, which happened to me.

Stains coming from underneath wonít come off with cleaning from the top.

I would check for leaks.

Maggie

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:25 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2021 16' Caravel
Fullerton , California
Inquire with airstream. It could be the adhesive used for the flooring material. You should still be under warranty, no?
NeahBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:09 PM   #6

2017 25' International
Bellingham , Washington
Itís probably a water leak!

We had a stain on our floor that started small and continued to spread slowly over a year or more. I tried all types of cleaners during that time, finally realizing that the stain must be coming from under the flooring, not on top. We stopped at a reputable Airstream dealer to have their service manager check it confirming our worst fear. We had a slow water leak. We ended up having the floor taken out, the water leak found and repaired, the sub floor dried out and sealed and new plank floor put in. Donít wait to have your floor checked for a leak.
Starbird8102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 05:19 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
It should be under the factory warranty still, however, I still need to go through the process to get the warranty transferred from the original owner, which I hear will be an expensive process in itself. Hoping Airstream doesn't fight me on on covering this because I am not the original owner.
jgbagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 06:43 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hopefully Airstream will do the right thing, particularly because you are writing about it here.

Maggie

Old 03-29-2021, 06:43 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
This is definitely a problem for your wonderful three-year warranty to solve! JC will make it perfect. When I first got my Airstream, I noticed a very small gouge in the floor where the kitchen leg sat. They wanted to replace the whole floor! This would have meant removing everything and I declined, deciding to live with it, as I thought removal of everything and then putting it back in would cause additional problems. Turns out the gouge was caused by a stripped bolt connecting the leg to the table, which allowed the leg to shift around. The reason I share this story is that they may want to replace your entire flooring because it's one piece. In your situation, I would let them.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 07:58 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I have a similar area near my door. Pretty sure it's not a leak, but may be from the pup's water bowl nearby.
I'll try the cleaning remedy first.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 08:35 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
These kinds of stains can also come from condensation, going down the walls and seeping under the floor.

Thatís where mine came from.

Maggie

Old 03-31-2021, 06:46 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
2019 25' Flying Cloud
Lady Lake , Florida
Stains

I think the water theory is out the door just looked at two units with the same discoloration and I mean just delivered to the dealer

Iím believing itís a glue stain that is showing through. Our new trailer is due in April we will be looking it over very well.

I will not be using rubber backed throw rugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbagley View Post
I have noticed a discoloration of the flooring in the bedroom of my 2019 FC 26 (RB) which is located near the corner in front of the dresser/TV (which is itself mounted to the wall which has the toilet on the other side. I am not sure where this stain came from, but I can't seem to remove it. Has anybody else experienced anything similar and can you suggest what it might be or how to remove it?

Thanks in advance!
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 07:03 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
2019 25' Flying Cloud
Lady Lake , Florida
Floor Stain gave up on as Aluminum Shell Separated

Your not gonna win on this one with warranty. Ours started 6 months after delivery. Jackson played confused on the stain situation. Why they install a floor that dents so easy and stains. $$$$ to rip out and replace with a more durable product. We just said we will throw rugs over the stains.

Then after our ft shell pulled away from the plywood floor. Yes from the ft locker bolts not in assembly being reinforced. Thanks to another Airsteam owner to show us the damage starting. We were in for the stainsóó

Jackson ripped it apart reinforced and we then immediately sold it.
Amazing how people donít look at those aluminum dimples and cracked panels bottom corner of a ft locker and just ignore it. I recently listened to a nice gentleman who was so proud of his 17k solar Lithiun install. I said look at your ft locker area 4 inch cracks on each side. It now has to go the Jackson and get
Repair like ours.

This is why the stains on the floor became small stuff

Quote:
It should be under the factory warranty still, however, I still need to go through the process to get the warranty transferred from the original owner, which I hear will be an expensive process in itself. Hoping Airstream doesn't fight me on on covering this because I am not the original owner.
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:55 AM   #14

2017 30' Flying Cloud
VICTORVILLE , California
Water leak

I saw the splotches in the summer hubby said it was the light reflection in the bathroom so I let it go. One day after a shower I saw a puddle right outside shower so we checked for leak caulked it all good. A few weeks ago saw that the hallway had splotches too, so we started looking outside the rig and saw a small drip coming from the drain valves in back. We opened the underside panel and no water or wetness so we opened the city water inlet and there was the leak inside the rig the valve was not tightened, insulation was soaked. We added plumbers tape and reattached it and no leak but now the floor is a mess, we opened one of the cabinets and have a fan inside hopefully drying out the insulation and wood.
We are a couple months past our 3 year warranty so I have no hope that Airstream will help us, insurance is gonna get the call.
So very sad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A8BD6203-70D2-4F87-8A66-83D1BA209DC8.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	333.6 KB
ID:	392434   Click image for larger version

Name:	ABE253A3-C5AF-4A9F-B18F-1D82F8C88A99.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	404.4 KB
ID:	392435  

Carbmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:12 PM   #15
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Hi jgbagley,*

Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can learn more and share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*
Old 04-07-2021, 10:03 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
I just went through this same scenario last month; it’s not good news. Stains started in the bathroom and worked their way up to the front. A water leak in the bathroom with water moving under the linoleum to the front of the trailer.

Everything inside the trailer was removed; I mean EVERYTHING! Fortunately the floor was a composite subfloor and did not have to be replaced. 3 weeks later I got her back (I’m a full-timer). Airstream covered it; the trailer wasn’t even a year old. However, the 3 weeks in the hotel was on my tab!

Good luck!
missaviatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:06 PM   #17
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
I had a water leak that stained my flooring with almost my 2 year warranty running out.

Here is my adventure:

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f42...hip-87707.html

"Stay Thirsty My Friends"

Tow Vehicle" 2011 Superduty Diesel!!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:57 PM   #18
Zan
1 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Manhattan , Illinois
I have your Airstream and was told from another owner (exact same Airstream) that the water intake to the toilet has angles under 90 degrees.
Empty the lower rear bathroom cabinet. You will see a panel with 2 screws. Obviously remove the screws and the panel. You will see that the plumbing to the toilet goes straight up the outboard side, should go straight over to the inboard side, but it seems the inboard pipe was cut short and the the pipe takes a severe downward angle to the shorter inboard pipe. My pipes had leakage and had to be tightened to stop it. The owner that informed me has water damage into his bedroom and has an appointment to drop his Airstream in Ohio for a month for repairs. I have a June appointment, and when I added it to my list I was told I didnít have water damage on my repair list and what was the problem. I had to insist I wanted it repaired before it became an extreme problem.
This appears to be a problem with our 2019 26 foot RB Airstreams.
Zan is offline   Reply With Quote