Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Floor Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-13-2021, 07:54 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2017 30' Flying Cloud
VICTORVILLE , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolema67 View Post
Can I ask how this turned out? It looks like we have a similar stain on the floor. Did insurance cover the fix?
Hi !
No the insurance won’t cover it apparently it’s a manufacturer defect and I have not reached out to Airstream in regards to it still being under warranty when it happened.
I did male an appt with Airstream and the quote is 10k that includes the removal of everything inside and he is not sure if we will get the same floor put back in. Soonest we could get in was October.
Carbmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:28 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2020 30' Flying Cloud
2017 27' International
Mchenry , IL
I have the same stains in my 2020 F.C. I have suspected a slow leak, but I can't seem to find it! Where was your leak? Did They tell you wher the leak was?
nurselady815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:50 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2017 16' Sport
N/A , N/A
I had a problem with my flooring, the radiator clamps on the inlet were never tightened when it was built. The hoses, (note: HOSES, there are two, one behind the other, belt and suspenders ) leaked when the fresh water tank was full. The hoses were never tightened at assembly, an access hole was cut in to the seating by my plumber to reach and secure the clamps properly. My unit was out of warranty, but a letter to Airstream secured a appointment at Jackson Center. The pandemic rolled in and a cancellation became necessary for my Health and the fact that Ohio was high with COVAID infection ( not Airstream fault ) Fast forward I requested that the warranty work be done at a dealership instead of me having to drive thousands of miles, my request was met with an Airstream Representative ‘B’, who now was saying that they would only look at the problem with no promise of a no cost repair, quite different from what I was initially led to believe. I hope others are treated better than I was. The flooring is damaged from the water leak.
Silvr_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 09:10 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2020 30' Flying Cloud
2017 27' International
Mchenry , IL
I wonder how many people this is happening to? I see there is a thread regarding front end seperation. Maybe have a thread to see how many people are affected.
Old 05-15-2022, 10:17 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
It appears to be fairly common. I’ve seen it in two used airstreams we looked at. And the fix is not an easy one since the flooring is laid down with no adhesive prior to building out the interior of the trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurselady815 View Post
I wonder how many people this is happening to? I see there is a thread regarding front end seperation. Maybe have a thread to see how many people are affected.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 10:37 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
I have an service appointment in Jackson Center to have them look at this along with a number of other items under warranty in September and will post their findings when that occurs for the rest of the community to have as a reference.
jgbagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 06:16 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2020 30' Flying Cloud
2017 27' International
Mchenry , IL
We dropped ours off in Jackson Center Ohio this weekend. We have an appt for this friday so we will post an update. David
Old 10-24-2022, 09:57 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
We took our trailer to the Airstream Service Center in mid-September and they took a look at the floor (amongst other things). What they think happened is that when the trailer first left the factory and was enroute to the retailer who sold it, it must have had a leak in the fixed window directly above that part of the floor and the floor got wet resulting in this discoloration. We can tell that the sealant on this window was added after the factory because it is noticeably sloppier than all the other windows. While the floor discoloration is there permanently, the floor itself is dry and there is no evidence of any mold, so it wouldn't be worth the effort to tear the whole interior apart to fix.
jgbagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 10:46 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2017 20' Flying Cloud
Williamson County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurselady815 View Post
Maybe a more useful poll would be how many with this type of floor covering DO NOT have the stains somewhere? Every one I have looked at has it.

Ours are not getting worse, and no water leaks now although we did have some from a sink drain pipe that was not connected so had a gap for water to splash out of.
Old 10-24-2022, 12:33 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Floor rugs you can pick up to shake, and wash when needed, are good for many things.

Maggie
Old 10-25-2022, 04:46 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2020 30' Flying Cloud
2017 27' International
Mchenry , IL
a possible clarification for you.

We bought a moisture meter on amazon (cheap) and started checking and documenting that and (that is how re ruled out outside rain was not the problem).It was discolored in the bathroom and in front to the bed and corner of bathroom/bedroom. You can transfer the warranty to you if you are not the original owner. Just call the service center to inquire and they should help you with that. Jackson Center changed out our floor and it does look great.