Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2022, 08:19 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2022 25' Flying Cloud
2019 23' Flying Cloud
Salem , NH
Looking for help replacing vinyl flooring on 2019 23FB

Hello Airstream Addicts,

I'm in need of someone or a company that can replace the vinyl flooring in my 2019 23FB Flying Cloud.

It is currently at the dealership for some warranty service and one item is staining of the flooring after a leaking water connection in the bathroom.

Airstream has agreed to replace the vinyl flooring but the dealership in NH has been unable to find anyone that can replace the flooring.

The mothership has agreed to replace the flooring and is sending the new replacement vinyl to the dealership but finding someone willing and able to do the work is difficult.

If you know of a company that can work with a dealership in NH please send me a message.

Thanks for the help.
CloudFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 08:29 AM   #2
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
You could plan a road trip to Ohio to visit the factory if you want to be sure it's done right.

2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 11:16 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2022 25' Flying Cloud
2019 23' Flying Cloud
Salem , NH
That is the last resort if I cannot find a qualified service tech nearby.
It's about a 13-hour drive from where I am in NH so it is possible, but it would take some planning and that's if the service center has any openings.

The season is coming quickly and I'd love to have the flooring repaired prior to the new season and our planned attendance at the 2022 rally in Fryeburg, ME.

I might call them on Monday to see what my options are. So far they've been good about agreeing to the flooring replacement. I can only hope they have some near-term availability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
You could plan a road trip to Ohio to visit the factory if you want to be sure it's done right.
Old 03-20-2022, 12:09 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
I would talk to a reputable local flooring company. I would think that they would have vinyl installers that would do a good job.

Good luck.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 05:39 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2009 34' Classic
Lake Worth Beach , Florida
You may not like to read this, but….

The right way to replace your vinyl flooring is to gut the trailer and lay new flooring. My 34 Classic is at the Mothership right now having it done; our previous trailer also had it done at Colonial Airstream in NJ.

Finding someone (other than an experienced Airstream dealer or the mothership) willing and able to gut your trailer *and put everything back together correctly* is going to be a very tall order.

If it were my trailer, I’d live with the stain until I got an appointment at the mothership. If it’s just a stain, there’s nothing that makes it unusable. Have fun this camping season and get it replaced…properly…next winter.

Jim
2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, Cummins TurboDiesel
AirstreamJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:09 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Wayne , IN
Lightbulb

we don't love the vinyl in our FC, we're on the lookout for some nice rugs that can really "pull the room together"
seebeew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:12 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Wayne , IN
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamJim View Post
You may not like to read this, but….

The right way to replace your vinyl flooring is to gut the trailer and lay new flooring. My 34 Classic is at the Mothership right now having it done; our previous trailer also had it done at Colonial Airstream in NJ.

Finding someone (other than an experienced Airstream dealer or the mothership) willing and able to gut your trailer *and put everything back together correctly* is going to be a very tall order.

If it were my trailer, I’d live with the stain until I got an appointment at the mothership. If it’s just a stain, there’s nothing that makes it unusable. Have fun this camping season and get it replaced…properly…next winter.

Jim
Ditto Jim, I would at minimum pull the dinette/lounge, toilet and bed(s) if upgrading the flooring. It would be "fun". Would really like to do something like this tho...

https://nomadicsupply.com/product/lo...onmarine-wood/
seebeew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 10:48 AM   #8
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by seebeew View Post
we don't love the vinyl in our FC, we're on the lookout for some nice rugs that can really "pull the room together"

Talk to the "Dude"

2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 06:01 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2022 25' Flying Cloud
2019 23' Flying Cloud
Salem , NH
Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I had a trip planned for a visit to the mothership in Ohio for the fall this year for a repair to start in January 2023. The plan was to drop her off this year with the hopes that it may get in earlier as I was also asking them to convert the front queen into twins. They had agreed to replace the entire floor, the right way, and with the queen out due to flooring replacement, they could more easily swap back in twins. I'm not sure how much it would have cost but we really wanted the twin beds.

Well, that was the plan until the 65th Rally in Maine.

My wife and I decided to trade in our 2019 Flying Cloud 23FB for 2022 FC 25RBT. We loved the twin beds in this unit, and no matter what they did at the mothership, we wouldn't end up with more room overall. Bigger lounging area, bigger fridge, a lot more outside storage, nicer floor plan with panoramic views on both ends, the list goes on.

Anyway, we are looking forward to new adventures in our new Nimbus and plan many more trips with her.

Cheers.