Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Floor Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-23-2023, 10:44 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Linoleum Floor: Pledge Revive It Floor Gloss--- Sealer Forever?

We found the New Airstream Linoleum Floors slick and easy to scuff in 2006. Easily surface scratched, scuff and surfaces can yellow with contact with some kinds of rubber backed mats.

The Linoleum edges may be cut short, curl and I took roofing tacks to secure the edges onto the plywood floor. Someone in 2006 must have used a chainsaw to cut the linoleum. Not even secured to the plywood. I curse in Neanderthal... sounds like you grunting after stubbing a toe.

Johnson 'Pledged' the linoleum floors after a year in the 2006 Airstream and use it on all the Airstream Linoleum Floors since.

Nancy cleans the surface with a couple of drops of dishwashing liquid in warm water. on all exposed linoleum. Some linoleum are light colored and show black shoe scuffs...immediately and a PIA to remove.

Once clean, she is very detail orientated. I am a Neanderthal and stay outside finding something Neanderthal to do. Like looking for stones in tire treads?

Well... once cleaned after dishwashing liquid water, then wipe down with clean water and let dry. You now have a Clean Surface ready to apply the Revive It. Wear socks when doing this linoleum process of cleaning. No sense making a mess to clean up one...

(Nancy is at the other desk and having to reply to my Neanderthal thick skulled questions on cleaning anything. Clean? To a Neanderthal, clean is relative.)

Applied with the Damp Sponge with fresh water to soften the sponge to accept the real FIX. Squeeze the sponge and then apply the Revive It, as if you are painting your walls. Miss an area, you will notice it... later.

Start and work your way towards the EXIT. OK? Do not go Neanderthal on me. Human Bean women are smart.

Let dry 30 minutes to an hour. Dependent on Temperature and Humidity. Open the windows if you can to get Air Flow. Dry to the touch... maybe be patient. First Coat...

Second Coat. Repeat. This time the Floor Gloss Revive It is applied the same way, seal the 'texture' that gets fine dust on the floor that you wanted to avoid, to begin with. Apply, have ventilation to dry.

Be patient. Do not enter until the next day. Just to not leave prints on the floor. Just close the trailer door and wait until the next day.

We use Floor Runners that do not slip. Some rubber on untreated Airstream floors will YELLOW the linoleum. The Airstream floor mat may also do that. That is what made us seal the floor in 2006. Used this system ever since and it shines, easy to wipe clean.

Wiping down with water, wife says, is safe. You cannot remove the dried Floor Gloss with water.

Buy a long floor hallway mat that can be rolled and taken outside to shake out dirt. Avoid cheap. Get one you like, so if you have a dog or two... they will also like laying upon it. I do not use the slick 'Free Airstream Mat'. It is put on top of a mat at the entry, but you already know it is an Airstream and so do anyone visiting. Junk it or sell it to a Rally Person.

So...this is the primer. Now... find the Johnson Pledge Revive It Floor Gloss. Pick up the bottle, put on your glasses and READ the Instructions. I am a Neanderthal and do that AFTER I need to figure out how to fix something, that I thought was a nonworking vacuum cleaner. Now... art work.