Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2021, 03:15 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Floor Mats and Runners, etc... Happy Trailer

Costco has brownish floor mats and black/grey floor mats. They measure 29.5 inches by 47 inches. They have non slip bottoms. They are thick and not toss aways after a week, a year... maybe good until you sell. Vacuum or take to a car wash and clean the tops, sit out to dry...like NEW. We know. Been doing this since the 2006.

When we sell our used Airstream trailers... mats are included. As are tires and televisions. We have met people who sell a complete Airstream... parts at a time. You will notice that the Hitch is extra, often, even though you NEED GET your newly purchased trailer as far away as you can before you are charged for the assembly of the Airstream in Jackson Center. Expect to pay for replacing popped rivets, as well. Warranty work... be patient... next year is not that far away. Just saying....

Runners measuring 2 fee wide and 6 feet long also work, but not as nice as the Costco floor mats. They have a non slip bottom. If I find something better... I will replace them if Nancy is not home. I can be 'real.... really dumb' when it helps the cause. Whatever it may be at the time. Now floor runners that could be improved. Give me time...

I read all of this weird options and fixes and carpet on the Forum. When we sell, the floors are shiny. They show little if any wear. They are not that nice to begin with. I would not use this stuff in a home or garage that our floor mats cover.

If someone loves the bare Airstream floors when we sell, we are happy to keep them... and use the Floor Runner in the garage. To replace the flooring... is for someone who likes figuring out how to install something that is rolled up and needs to be cut perfectly along cabinet edges, or remove the interior and do it right.

When Mamma is Happy... so are the two Blue Heelers. I go along with the majority. Three females against a Neanderthal needing a body shave. Floor mats are comfortable and do not show much dirt. Dog hair on the runner... but NOT on the Costco Mats. That is a big plus!

What have you discovered? Human Beans are clever. Not in my neighborhood, but they like Tile in their homes. We have tile as the Blue Heelers have claws like a cat. Even trimmed. These four toes and dew claw could trash your Airstream's Floor.

I can look at a used Airstream... and see the sign of DOGS on the linoleum. Probably the shedded hair on the bed and seating area... but that is your problem. Nancy made covers for all of the cushions and when we sell... the fake leather will look... new, new and may smell new, as well.

Dust adheres to the aluminum inside and exterior. When washed... there is always a fine film on the exterior. You have to get your flabby body out there and wipe it down to look... spiffy. You will look spiffy as well, as you need a step stool. I do not need a work out at the Gym. That is why I have an Airstream.

There must be some Human Bean input available of what fit better within the hallway of the Airstream. With wet feet... on bare linoleum... you may be able to do an Olympic Back Flip and get a sold TEN. Yaaa Hoo for you. Although no medals to be given out on Solo Competition...
Old 09-20-2021, 03:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Steps Number One, Two and Three...

Few Human Beans care about body hair, dog hair or even trimming nasal hairs. They don't.

But... how about these ideas that work for us. Two Blue Heelers that shed hair, track in gravel, pollen, grass seeds, smelly stuff they gum and leave outside... or want to bring it into the trailer...

Swiffer. Those Dry Sweeping Cloths attached to the Swiffer with the long handle. I wish I invented this 10,000 years ago! But caves have dirt floors... so too soon. I am now cleaning the interior floors after removing the mats. Minimal effort as with one front to back sweep and under areas and even the restroom... done. Removed most everything and what it did not... Step Number TWO.

Swiffer is Step Number ONE. OK... you are on track?

There is the stubborn dog hair on fabric or the floor. Maybe grit the Number One was not able to hold, but give it to Number TWO. It will..

I bought a couple rolls of Gorilla Tape. It is thicker than most duct tapes. The damn tape is hard to remove from the roll... but easier once removed from the roll to stick on something. I like it better than Number Two. That grey duct tape that is sticky, but thinner.

Cut a strip of your 'cheaper' duct tape and push it over dog hair on fabric, on the floor... try it on the grit on the floor. It works. You will appear to be a Genius to spectators wondering what you are up to. Ignore them. I am giving you NUMBER THREE.

The THICKER stickier Gorilla Tape... is number three. It will pull the majority of seeds stuck into you good socks! Even my socks that are not good... it will. We tried it in New Mexico. I tossed one pair of socks away as I had not invented... this use. I use to to seal up dust entering the trailer and the storage area for leveling blocks attached to the bumper.

Nancy and I had these massive amounts of prickly seeds sticking to our shoes. My sandals. Used the Gorilla Tape and pulled a thousand seeds off from our hiking. Maybe the Number two duct tape will work... but were WE impressed.

So reading stuff on the Forums can be useful and make you a better Human Bean.

Myself... I prefer being a Neanderthal and being blunt and grunting is my style. I mean well, but may not smell well. Have a happy day Taping and Swiffering. Now I need to put everything from tools and other unnecessary things I need, back into the Airstream and Tow Vehicle.

I an sensing a trip to Cheyenne, Wyoming coming soon... and ready to Yaaaaa Hoooo down Central Avenue near the Capitol Building. It is paved and NOT a dusty road. During the parade downtown during Frontier Days... You better watch your step, when Cow and Horse Patty is in town. If you know what I mean. That is WHY real Cowboys wear Boots with smooth bottoms. I wear sandals now. These western boots now kill my feet. I loved them as they could kick and injure some drunk at a Bar bothering me or my wife... but that is on 17th Street, Cheyenne. You need to be prepared. Cowboys get wild and frisky... during Frontier Days.

Come to Frontier Days in Cheyenne. Have a good time. Be bad on 17th street and wear pointy Boots. You will be prepared for anything... even a Good Time!