Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Floor Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1995 33' Land Yacht
Lubbock , Texas
Anyone used Konecto Flooring?

How did it work for you? I am thinking of using it in my 1995 Land Yacht . Wouldappreciate your advice.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
I believe there is another thread about Konecto called Has anyone tried this flooring or something like that. I like the stuff myself. I've laid a half dozen kitchen and bathrooms in an apartment building. I have'nt done any trailers but see no short comings in warmer climates. Cold places might be different though, but I have no examples to go on there. Thats just a hunch.
It is very easy to work with, and I like the way it looks and wears.
silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
down south , South Carolina
Here's a link where folks don't like it so much: Konecto flooring failure/Don't recommend - DIY Chatroom - DIY Home Improvement Forum
Dieselgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselgrin View Post

Now that clearly would stop anyone from using this stuff in any place other than Fl. or Mexico.

How do people stay in business with such products?

Thanks Dieselgrin for your post.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
Old Hickory , TN
Konecto in for a year now...

Had it in for a year now. Very satisfied. Only problems were of the "self inflicted learn while you install type". Specifically, working down two sides at once going around chair base and not meeting up exactly straight when I came back together. I was able to get this fixed to the point that nobody notices but me... I get some very slight gapping when it is cold due to having to "clamp it down" with a threshold where it transitions to another type flooring. This defeats the floating causing the gap when temperature changes... again, very slight. Last, I should have done a better job of prepping the sub floor. There was a joint that I should have filled and sanded down better... I see it - others don't unless I point it out to them. All and all, I am very satisfied. It sure beats carpet. I have had no adhesive problems mentioned above. It sticks together very well.

Here is a link to the project - Have I given it to you before on another reply???

Airstream Saga
Between 'steams...
reday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
I used a similar product by armstrong "Traffic Master". It was easy to install and the results have been very nice. I installed it this summer when it was really hot and now that it has gotten cold i notice that small gaps have appeared that actually make it look like real wood planks. I just got lucky. I think that if i would have installed it in the winter i would have butted it up tight and then in the summer time it would have buckled. I just got lucky the season was what it was when i did it so the expansion worked the right way!

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
I too have used it and very satisfied so far. Has been in more than one year. Handles the cold and heat of storage with no problems.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:20 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2003 22' International
Waverly , Pennsylvania
I planned to remove the carpet in our trailer and replace it with a vinyl type flooring product. My first choice was Marmoleum, but I couldn’t find a local vendor who carried the product (small town woes). My second choice was to use a laminate product, but two different retail vendors told me laminate would not be the best option in a travel trailer. One retailer recommended Konecto and that is the product we ultimately decided to use.

We made the change this summer right before a three week trip and had no problems with the flooring during the trip or subsequently. We love the look and feel of this product in our 22 foot trailer.

The trailer is in storage for the winter, so I cannot say how the flooring is holding up with the drop in temperature.
nayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

Update on Konecto flooring performance

Am considering this product being installed in our '88 A/S tt. Am tired of throw rugs intended for protecting flooring as they constantly slide around on top of the carpeting and have to be rearranged (rubber backing on the throw rugs doesn't help). I assume that they would slide around even worse on vinyl or hardwood flooring.

We prefer Parks and boondock type camping and just want a type of flooring you can sweep up and be able to easily clean up spills(no throw rugs necessary to protect it). Am undecided as to go with Bruce engineered hard wood or Konecto vinyl. I have searched the threads on Konecto, but what I could find is now two years old. For those who went with the product are you satisfied with it now that it has been down for a few years? Any shrinking, lifting, swelling?

Thanks for advance for your help. Pat
Pat Conway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #10
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
This stuff looks like a similar product to TrafficMaster "Allure" that has been sold by Home Depot for years. We just used it in our kitchen, and love it.

Henri the Sov is getting it front to back as soon as the weather warms up.